• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some want Cassidy to start which is baffling.

Since 24th November 2012 Jake has made 73 league appearances netting 4 goals with 2 of those scored in the same match.
His last goal was 30th September 2014.
He has had 12 appearances for us and scored 0.

Some of you want to break up the Corr/Piggy combination for a guy who cannot score !

I don't understand.

It is as if players can be judged by some for things they do other than score goals. Mental.

I would like Jake Cassidy to start on Saturday alongside Barry Corr. By all accounts, he combined well with Corr at Hartlepool and this pairing looks promising.

It is as if players can be judged by some for things they do other than score goals. Mental.

He is employed as a forward yet rarely scores !

Harry Kane would be nowhere without his goals tally !

Some on here would rather play a non scoring forward than a guy with 6 in 15!

Phil's loanee forwards rarely delivered yet Piggy hits the target and some want him dropped,now that is mental.

Unchanged side from Hartlepool.

Got a good feeling about this. We're in good form and there seems to be a good feeling around at the moment. I'm actually confident we'll give Tranmere a good hiding and that must be the first time this season I've felt this good about a game.

3-0 win for us - Barry Corrgasm, Will 'Alexis' Atkinson and Cassidy amongst the goals :thumbsup:

Right, I've thought long and hard about this all week :

Formations
Current Form
Striker Selection
Pitch Condition
Cost of the Coach fare for Trannies
Attendance and Atmosphere

Lots to consider and I've come to the conclusion that Tranmere will be sh*te!

He is employed as a forward yet rarely scores !

Harry Kane would be nowhere without his goals tally !

Some on here would rather play a non scoring forward than a guy with 6 in 15!

Phil's loanee forwards rarely delivered yet Piggy hits the target and some want him dropped,now that is mental.

It isn't about being "dropped" but if Cassidy took his chance last week when Pig was rested and we won and scored then why would he not keep the shirt next week?

It isn't about who scores as long as we do score. Emile Heskey once put in one of the top three centre-forward performances I've ever seen live in a game at Wembley vs Russia. He didn't score but was directly responsible for Michael Owen scoring twice. Cassidy is no Heskey but it is an extreme example of how judging people solely by the number of goals they score isn't always fair.

An example at our level - Paul Benson. Two goals in his last 27 games. One league goal this season and yet Luton have capitulated since he broke his leg. They were dead certs for automatic promotion and now they almost certainly won't get even a play-off spot and all down to the absence of a striker who you wouldn't have had in the team.

If we're to have any hope of sneaking in the autos we simply cannot afford to drop any more points

I think we should be unchanged from the Hartlepool game so........

Bentley
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Atkinson Leonard Timlin McLaughlin
Corr Cassidy

I think it'll be a 2-0 win. With goals from Corr (pen) and Worrall off the bench to seal it late on. With Wycombe losing against Cheltenham.

Same team as Hartlepool. No need to change it, although would be tempted to put in Worrall ahead of McLaughlin. As for Cassidy i thought he did well when he joined and did well with Piggott as a partnership. People seem to forget all the selfish runs he made to create space for Piggott. No he hasnt scored and im sure he is disappointed about that, no more so than the chance he missed at Stevenage, but is work rate is excellent and he has more pace than Piggott who has looked tired recently. think he deserves at least one more game. But knowing PB wouldnt be surprised if Piggott is back in

An example at our level - Paul Benson. Two goals in his last 27 games. One league goal this season and yet Luton have capitulated since he broke his leg. They were dead certs for automatic promotion and now they almost certainly won't get even a play-off spot and all down to the absence of a striker who you wouldn't have had in the team.

Good point, still they have Elliot Lee banging in the goals for fun!

I hope that now we have a slim chance of 3rd spot that this doesn't put the players off. Hopefully it will push them to win even more but more often than not with us with tend to bottle it. Getting a bit nervy about this game now.

Think the players have got to clear there minds of top three. Play the game in front of them, and don't worry about other results. Tranmere are there to be beaten, and I think we will. 2 0 Barrett, and Corr.

Right, I've thought long and hard about this all week :

Formations
Current Form
Striker Selection
Pitch Condition
Cost of the Coach fare for Trannies
Attendance and Atmosphere

Lots to consider and I've come to the conclusion that Tranmere will be sh*te!

Transvestites should pay the same as anyone else - why discriminate because they want to wear a dress at the weekend?

Hash tag: Kinkybootsarehardtowalkin

Transvestites should pay the same as anyone else - why discriminate because they want to wear a dress at the weekend?

Hash tag: Kinkybootsarehardtowalkin

:smile:

A North Bank full of Trannies! ... Or even a pitch invasion! .. Now we've got something to boost the attendance.

Back