• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are smoke bombs legal? That could be a good start to get the atmosphere going?

South lower. Poor view but that doesn't seem the bother those who go to the W block as its poor there too but it's a central point of the stadium and the fan base. At the moment it's shoved away in the corner cut off from the rest of the supporters which is why in my opinion it's difficult to get the whole ground singing. I don't think you have that issue if it was moved to a more central point

plus in the south lower you aren't drawn into nonsense with away supporters
The view from the south lower is shocking. If we relocated there the atmosphere and our impact on the game would need to be improved to compensate for the crap view.

Is it against the law to pull out the seats in the south lower and turn it into a terrace? Similar to the Brentford away stand

Firstly does anyone really think that our own fans are smashing up our own seats - come on. At Orient people clearly did it to make a point but no SUFC is going to deliberately break seats at Roots Hall.

The scenes when we scored were mental and people were falling all over the place in celebration. I was knocked to the floor along with another lad and we were pulled up by a mate. Not an issue but this was not an ordinary goal celebration.

Finally as mentioned the club once again need to look at them selves. I had a ticket for W Block but got there late. Got to W block and was told to find another seat as W was full. It was two to a seat at that point and you could not see the gangway. The stewards then left bang on kick off so I along with another 50 odd lads went and pushed our way in W block. I dont personally care it was stupidly rammed as I like it that way but I think the seats could have been damaged that way with people climbing on seats etc.

Club should be glad to have a few hundred like minded people that like to get behind the club and actually create a bit of atmosphere.

I've been stood in front of idiots that do it. Some kids stand on the seats for the whole game, others will stamp on their seat when we concede. That's an anger issue, nothing to to with TBV.

Problem is that because it's unallocated someone else is stood their next week and I'm not in the same place either. Very difficult to identify anyone to stewards unless it's during the match. And whilst I like W for the atmosphere I do go to watch the game too.

Is it against the law to pull out the seats in the south lower and turn it into a terrace? Similar to the Brentford away stand

Not the worst idea ever and Brentford away is always quality. I actually think it would be better to make the W Block segregated from the seating area and made into a terrace.

IMO. I think the singing block W, played a factor in helping SUFC get promoted.
You read about Phill brown saying that roots hall is like a fortress when the atmosphere is rocking, and I believe that that atmosphere is mainly started by W block which then spreads around the ground making roots hall a fortress, giving OUR team the 12th man. And I reckon we are really going to need it in league 1.

So my question to the club would be not to disband the singing block or to stick us out of the way in some pony south lower or some obscure corner of the ground but to promote the singing block to encourage those already in there to be more to be louder, to put us somewhere were we can stand and be heard, cheering our team on to victory.

Snr.

Can the seating not be taken out in W block? All the lads and lasses stand in there anyway, its the unofficial TBV section and doubling up on tickets wouldn't matter as much. I guess it would have an over spill effect on V block

"IMO. I think the singing block W, played a factor in helping SUFC get promoted."

I'll second that !!! :thumbsup:

IMO. I think the singing block W, played a factor in helping SUFC get promoted.
You read about Phill brown saying that roots hall is like a fortress when the atmosphere is rocking, and I believe that that atmosphere is mainly started by W block which then spreads around the ground making roots hall a fortress, giving OUR team the 12th man. And I reckon we are really going to need it in league 1.

So my question to the club would be not to disband the singing block or to stick us out of the way in some pony south lower or some obscure corner of the ground but to promote the singing block to encourage those already in there to be more to be louder, to put us somewhere were we can stand and be heard, cheering our team on to victory.

Snr.
Totally right Geoff!

Once you go all seater you have to stay all seater.

Quite a few people suggesting things like this but the impression I get is that following numerous incidents the club are going to be forced to take away the perks not dish out more.

Even if they were allowed they would never go to terracing as they need to be able to identify that minority who let everyone else down.

Or...just leave it as it is, and ask those that normally sit / stand there to buy a ticket in that block. No more wandering over from the rest of the West Stand. Then, if there are issues, they know exactly who was allocated to that seat. Does it need to be more complicated than that ?

South lower. Poor view but that doesn't seem the bother those who go to the W block as its poor there too but it's a central point of the stadium and the fan base. At the moment it's shoved away in the corner cut off from the rest of the supporters which is why in my opinion it's difficult to get the whole ground singing. I don't think you have that issue if it was moved to a more central point

plus in the south lower you aren't drawn into nonsense with away supporters

Agreed, and if the seats can't be removed then just stand (with tacit stewarding agreement) and sing; please no more vandalism or such stupidity.

Please keep w block as it is.....now established as the singing section etc etc.....despite what some have said in the past.....For many many games no w block no noise...fact. I have the odd game in that block but mainly based in family stand. Keep block w going please

Yeah I'd like it to stay as it is..gives the place an atmosphere even for dead games. Second half against Mansfield when we 2 up being a perfect example.

The club should make a big effort to accommodatethe singing section, they make such a difference to the roots hall atmosphere.I know for a fact the players appreciate that area of the ground. Not involvedmyself but me and the lads appreciate the noise coming from that corner of theground when we watch from south upper.

Happy for TBV to have W. However I think tickets must be purchased for W and no moving on the day. Also if I were the club would insist on allocated seating within W so they know who is where. Whilst TBV do create a lot of noise there have been a few incidents also. Any further smoke bombs and its disbanded for good.

Happy for TBV to have W. However I think tickets must be purchased for W and no moving on the day. Also if I were the club would insist on allocated seating within W so they know who is where. Whilst TBV do create a lot of noise there have been a few incidents also. Any further smoke bombs and its disbanded for good.

I understand what you mean , but IMO , those looking to cause trouble don't actually stay in their seats............

Back