• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sufc.2008

First XI
Thought this deserved it's own thread, seeing as it's not a release as such...

Heard that they couldn't find him a tight enough pair of shorts.

That is a lie Mr Brown, Deegan is not the sort of player to demand to play, think he's confusing him with Bolger !!!

Not disappointed personally, he did a decent job at times, especially in L2 but had his limitations. If it's true he wanted a guaranteed start then he's deluded about his own ability IMO. Yes he's a useful squad player but I very much doubt he'll be a gauranteed starter for any L1 team and most of L2 too.

Well, if this is true ............ then I will say a big thanks to Deegs for all his efforts. :thumbsup:

Seems like Brown is starting to ring the changes in midfield and that is something that I agree with.

Iirc Northampton released him two seasons ago when they went down and he struggled to find a team , we had him initially on short term contacts. I doubt if he will have the same problem finding a team this time, although I imagine it will be back in league 2

No way is Deegan good enough to be starting every week in League 1, I was suprised we kept him on to be honest.

I thank him for the promotion, and good luck elsewhere.

Well, if this is true ............ then I will say a big thanks to Deegs for all his efforts. :thumbsup:

Seems like Brown is starting to ring the changes in midfield and that is something that I agree with.

Really , I'm thinking that Leonard , Timlin and Atkinson have that same old feel of players that work hard but lack creativity.
I do however think Leonard is a cut above the other two and will develop further.

Sadly he was allways picking up to many yellow cards .And not for his miss timed tackles .He talked his way into the refs note book time and time again .

If we are to push on next season from this one then we need better quality players than deegan, simple:smile:

Goodbye Deegs, good luck. There's a good player in there who should try watching some Makelele videos to work out exactly what his best role is!

Goodbye Deegs, good luck. There's a good player in there who should try watching some Makelele videos to work out exactly what his best role is!

A player like Deegan needs to play in a side with 2 wingers as it gives him his outlet to release the ball. He should try finding a manager that plays like that

A player like Deegan needs to play in a side with 2 wingers as it gives him his outlet to release the ball. He should try finding a manager that plays like that

Deegan wasn't mobile enough to play as one of two centre midfielders so I felt he was better when we had him and two others in the middle

That's would be true of he could pass the ball with any accuracy.

Personally think he is an average league two player

An underrated passer and footballer and an overrated defensive midfielder. Sad to see him go though, felt he was a useful squad player. He probably doesn't quite have the athleticism or pace to really cover the defence, which sees him being rash.

An underrated passer and footballer and an overrated defensive midfielder. Sad to see him go though, felt he was a useful squad player. He probably doesn't quite have the athleticism or pace to really cover the defence, which sees him being rash.

I wonder if Deegan's on-pitch bust up with Thompson at Wigan followed by a yellow card and then being substituted (before the ref could find a reason to send him off) was still quite fresh in Browny's mind when it came to a discussion about the future.

Back