• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worrall to leave Blues after rejecting contract offer

On the other hand we have lost just three (Bentley, Payne, Worrall) players we wanted to keep and most who have gone were not first choice. So therefore we are replacing mainly squad players- so its not necessarily as bad as you paint. However, when we get to the first game of the season we will want to see

1. The best starting 11 is better than last years
2. The squad is stronger than last years

That we will have to wait a couple of months to be clear on. But we have an exciting period ahead.

Although I agree with your general point , What was the 'best starting 11' for this season ? Buggered if I know, not convinced Brown knows?

Although I agree with your general point , What was the 'best starting 11' for this season ? Buggered if I know, not convinced Brown knows?

Quite- too many players at the same standard and not enough stand outs who picked themselves.

Quite- too many players at the same standard and not enough stand outs who picked themselves.

That's one possible and credible explanation .............. but I think there were other factors involved. And it doesn't assist when loan players come in who (on occasion) are no better than the players we have on the bench. Still, there it is.

And for me a team that is moving up to the top third of the table has a steady first XI as it progresses ........... perhaps people will tell me that we did during parts of the season but right from the 1st game away at Fleetwood I think most fans would have put out a significantly different side to that picked by PB.

I do hope that there is a change for the coming season. And I hope the changes to the loan system assist in this respect. :thumbsup:

That's one possible and credible explanation .............. but I think there were other factors involved. And it doesn't assist when loan players come in who (on occasion) are no better than the players we have on the bench. Still, there it is.

And for me a team that is moving up to the top third of the table has a steady first XI as it progresses ........... perhaps people will tell me that we did during parts of the season but right from the 1st game away at Fleetwood I think most fans would have put out a significantly different side to that picked by PB.

I do hope that there is a change for the coming season. And I hope the changes to the loan system assist in this respect. :thumbsup:

Whatever happened to the heroes?

No more heroes any more - just a bunch of running automatons with no skill or character just run, tackle and hoof -just keep the clean sheet and it's a point - score from a set piece and it's three! Just like Sam did at Bolton. Any one with any skill just wants to get out.

Big spread in today's Echo from Worrall. Had we offered him a new contract earlier then he would probably have stayed. Lots of stuff about missing the other players, Southend are a good club etc, he couldn't understand why he wasn't selected more, PB made him a better player and so on. No doubt the Echo will publish it on here later.

Big spread in today's Echo from Worrall. Had we offered him a new contract earlier then he would probably have stayed. Lots of stuff about missing the other players, Southend are a good club etc, he couldn't understand why he wasn't selected more, PB made him a better player and so on. No doubt the Echo will publish it on here later.

I haven't read the article yet but if that what he is saying then that is a poor excuse. Still won't stop the usual suspects from blaming the club and PB.

He was definitely going round at the Sponsors' Evening bemoaning the fact that he hadn't been offered a new contract, and taking that to mean he wasn't wanted.

I haven't read the article yet but if that what he is saying then that is a poor excuse. Still won't stop the usual suspects from blaming the club and PB.

He was definitely going round at the Sponsors' Evening bemoaning the fact that he hadn't been offered a new contract, and taking that to mean he wasn't wanted.

I deliberately didn't offer any comment as it's important to read an article before reaching an opinion. Different people read things in different ways. No doubt the Echo will publish it here soon.

I seem to remember Mr Corr saying something similar about a year ago

I seem to remember Mr Corr saying something similar about a year ago

You hate Brown ... We get that , but why mention Corr in this ! If Corr had signed , looking at how he suffered from injuries etc he would have been a disaster and then people would have said at this stage now, " why did Brown off Corr a contract for league 1 blah blah blah "

You hate Brown ... We get that , but why mention Corr in this ! If Corr had signed , looking at how he suffered from injuries etc he would have been a disaster and then people would have said at this stage now, " why did Brown off Corr a contract for league 1 blah blah blah "

I'm not blinded by hate, I will give credit where it's due but Brown seems incredibly slow at offering contracts and very good and alienating them and making them feel unwanted.

There was clearly bust ups last season as our form absolutely nose dived and I can't say I'm shocked at the amount of players wanting out from under his management

Please can we sign somebody soon...I get Fleetwood aren't champions elect, but they've moved and signed 5 players to date.
I get budgetary constraints, awaiting :zzzzz: :zzzzz: tribunal money for Payne and Bentley, getting the right players in etc....but by releasing 5-7 at the end of the season surely makes cash available ?

Fleetwood are impressing players with their facilities as well as decent salaries, they have just opened Poolfoot farm their new £7-8 million pound training complex, it looks brilliant!

I read it this morning and is quite an interesting article.

I do think the club should be quicker in offering contracts although not sure if this is determined by Brown or Ron Martin. I can see how it would lead to a player becoming disaffected but would not be the overriding factor. If a players wants to stay they will, if they were thinking of going anyway, its another factor and a bit of a convenient reason.

I found his comments on PB more interesting. Admitted they had had their differences but also that he respected him and that he got the best out of him, and last season was the best he had ever played.

There are a lot of comments on here about PB alienating people and there may even be some truth in that. It also shows that there is more to football management than being liked and to get the best out of players they need to be challenged.

I don't think there's any doubt that Brown can get the best out of players. He is very much a manager of runs - good and bad. When we have a good result we tend to follow it up with one or more good results. When we have a bad one, we go on a bad run and this brings out the worst in him - sniping at players in the Echo, wide-ranging changes every week when a tweak or two would be sufficient.

I remember one period in early 2014 where we didn't win for about 2 months and yet still made the playoffs which is astounding when you think about it.

So when Brown is in the mood he does get the best out of his players. Who can forget that excellent run towards the end of 2014/15 which so nearly won us automatic promotion. But unfortunately he is clueless when things are going badly.

Rich, local chairman. Basically what every club in England wants.

Back