• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Thanks ,already worked that out.Though I prefer patsy.:smile:

Your second point is also blindingly obvious.Must do better! :winking:

Perhaps you could explain that to some others on here who seem to be on 20 May a day.

Certainly.https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=patsy

Believe I first came across the term in relation to Lee Harvey Oswald who was made the patsy or fall guy for the JFK assination (about the only conspiracy theory which I've got any time for).Interestingly,the term is apparently of Irish origin.

Edit.If you're talking about Mrs May, I would have thought it was blindingly obvious,as a consequence of last year's disastrous GE result, that she won't be PM for vey much longer.It's really just a question of when she goes.Personally I don't believe she can last until 2022 but we'll see.

Last edited:
Certainly.https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=patsy

Believe I first came across the term in relation to Lee Harvey Oswald who was made the patsy or fall guy for the JFK assination (about the only conspiracy theory which I've got any time for).Interestingly,the term is apparently of Irish origin.

I wasn't asking about the term 'patsy'. You have re-quoted your own post and added a false highlight......Its bordering on conspiracy.

If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious; the UK outmanoeuvred again, before they even put their proposals on the table! In an immaculate (purely coincidental :winking:) piece of EU timing they have announced that the (prefered) "UK views on regulatory issues in the future relationship including ‘three basket approach’ are not compatible with the principles in the [European council] guidelines.” So there doesn't appear to be much point, the government arguing all day to agree on singing from the same song-sheet along these lines. They can rip it up and think of another idea. May better come up with some realistic alternative proposals.......................and quickly! For her, antidepressant pills may be the order of the day, rather than a good lunch. At least, according to research, they work...............which is more than can be said for this government's approach to Brexit! :smile:

Not like the bbc to over dramatize a headline. Although more people than ever have moved to the uk from the eu. so what does that mean?

It may be the trend but that may change as trends so often do! But more people are still coming in to the country, so are they not put off by brexit?

It may be the trend but that may change as trends so often do! But more people are still coming in to the country, so are they not put off by brexit?

Underlying trends reveal what is behind the headline figure.Net immigration from the EU to the UK has been falling (as I said) in every quarter since the referendum.This is highly likely to continue until the UK eventually leaves the EU.

If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious; the UK outmanoeuvred again, before they even put their proposals on the table! In an immaculate (purely coincidental :winking:) piece of EU timing they have announced that the (prefered) "UK views on regulatory issues in the future relationship including ‘three basket approach’ are not compatible with the principles in the [European council] guidelines.” So there doesn't appear to be much point, the government arguing all day to agree on singing from the same song-sheet along these lines. They can rip it up and think of another idea. May better come up with some realistic alternative proposals.......................and quickly! For her, antidepressant pills may be the order of the day, rather than a good lunch. At least, according to research, they work...............which is more than can be said for this government's approach to Brexit! :smile:

You would have though that Mrs May and her strong and stable team would have got this all sorted out before triggering article 50. It seems ridiculous one year down the line that we still don't know what we want BREXIT to look like.

Look at it like this. You know one of those optical illusion pictures, you can see in two ways? Well, concerning Brexit, the UK sees one image whilst the EU sees the alternative picture. Now here's the clever bit, the UK claims that it's possible to see both images at the same time:smile:...............the EU disagrees.
It's not necessary to get bogged down in old arguments, the essential it to keep an eye on exactly where this government are taking us with Brexit. Following Chequers things have become just a little clearer, at least on the UK side of the Channel and more specifically, within the government. If we had our suspicions before, it is now abundantly clear, a good Brexit deal is essentially and foremost one that is good for the Conservative Party.
Thus we will obstinately carry on with our idea of a selective relationship after Brexit, even though we've been told clearly, that's not acceptable to the EU. WHY? Well, I see two reasons. Firstly, promising the impossible is the only way of keeping the government together (sort of!) and secondly is a belief. That belief, perhaps more a gamble, is that the EU is bluffing and in a desperate attempt to avoid a huge hole in their finances, they will compromise to get a deal with the UK, giving us much of what we demand............that's some gamble!
We've now been told, that if we can't formulate and define our position by next month, the EU will do it for us....... just more bluffing??? Whilst the UK is busy trying to work out their three basket approach, the EU is fast coming to the belief that the UK is a basket case.

Do yourself a favour and calm down a bit,blood pressure and all that.:facepalm:
in what way does that not sound calm? Mr 24 came on this thread with the express reason of insulting me. I replied 'missing you already' when he said he would be gone for 6 months. What is not calm about my response?

He asked where Rusty was. After Rusty was banned on here he tracked me down on twitter and then sought out my female followers to call them 'slags' and other similar things. Now that is one bored troll to bother to do that. So I don't hold him in high regard.

But my response was calm. I'm still on a train towards Manchester for a match that has been cancelled and I'm still calm.

So feel free to criticise me - I welcome the discourse - but please go to the effort of making it relevant.

in what way does that not sound calm? Mr 24 came on this thread with the express reason of insulting me. I replied 'missing you already' when he said he would be gone for 6 months. What is not calm about my response?

He asked where Rusty was. After Rusty was banned on here he tracked me down on twitter and then sought out my female followers to call them 'slags' and other similar things. Now that is one bored troll to bother to do that. So I don't hold him in high regard.

But my response was calm. I'm still on a train towards Manchester for a match that has been cancelled and I'm still calm.

So feel free to criticise me - I welcome the discourse - but please go to the effort of making it relevant.

Thanks, and there was me thinking this afternoon was going to be boring :winking:

Back