• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown in or Brown out ?

• Brown in

Votes: 192 73.0%
  • Brown out

Votes: 71 27.0%

• Total voters
In ....worst injury list in my time of supporting. Time for change is when his fully fit 1st choice 11 don't perform for him.
Conte at Chelsea has problems with Kante and Morata injured so he's not the only one struggling at the moment!

Should have gone years ago, we are spending a hell of a lot more money and making no progress. On top of our poor league form, boring style of play we never have success in the cup.

Brown out for me and take Bob Shaw and Brian Horton with you

What do you consider progress, should we be in the premier league by now?

Last season we played some excellent football.

Ron wants promotion.

Gauge all your reasons and arguments around this statement.

Surely every Chairman wants this, hence why the manager merry go round is in full circle each season

The key is patience with a manager and a reality on the team progress each season, not after a slump in a month

74% "Brown In"

Mmmmm.... not looking to good for the moaners is it.

Early days. A defeat Tuesday and Saturday and im sure will see a 50/50 split.

Brown has done a good job but this season we have massively gone backwards. His recruitment policy and general waste of budget is criminal.

It's all well and good saying judge him on his first x1 but when you sign high earners that are more than likely to be crocked more often than not, then it's going to be hard to see that happening.

Brown as an individual is an odious creature. Constantly berating players publicly and blaming officials.

How he thinks that this will help the team is beyond me.

Team spirit does not appear to be good. The tactics and general effort of the team has been poor along with the results.

People are very quick to say we are just 5 points off of the play offs. But we also equally close to the bottom four with form dropping rapidly.

Our home form is keeping us mid table but being completely honest we have been very very fortunate at home.

There have been 2 or 3 games we could have lost but we're fortunate. Had we lost those we would have been bottom four.

There are very few if any games away where we were unlucky not get points. We have been hammered often.

Let's see how the next few games pan out but posh will pose a threat and Bury had a great win at the weekend. I'd be very surprised if our unbeaten home record is still intact come 5pm next Saturday. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Ron wants promotion.

Gauge all your reasons and arguments around this statement.

Yes but if we miss out again by finishing 7th or 8th or even mid table would Ron pull the trigger? I don't think he would unless there was an exemplary candidate available and willing to come here. Ron wants promotion, fair enough, but come the end of the season if we are still in this league he will assess what our best chance of promotion next season is and I think he'll stick with PB (barring a disasterous season/ relegation battle)

If people really think Brown is the best manager we can get I feel sorry for you. Im not going to give names of possible managers as it's not my job to do so, same as it's not my job to sack Brown. We have had the players to walk the league but they area badly managed. I still say we got promoted despite Brown, we are finishing where we are each season despite Brown.

Stop being blinkered people

Yes but if we miss out again by finishing 7th or 8th or even mid table would Ron pull the trigger? I don't think he would unless there was an exemplary candidate available and willing to come here. Ron wants promotion, fair enough, but come the end of the season if we are still in this league he will assess what our best chance of promotion next season is and I think he'll stick with PB (barring a disasterous season/ relegation battle)

If he applies the same logic as he did with Sturrock, the answer is yes.

I for one was impressed with the signings made and thought we looked stronger than last season, from this expected no less than play-offs. If we don't then I'm of the opinion that Brown has taken us as far as he can go.

I think that Ron will have absolute patience with Brown, but as with Sturrock, he will have plan B ready should we not reach his expectations by the end (if not before) of this season.

In ....worst injury list in my time of supporting. Time for change is when his fully fit 1st choice 11 don't perform for him.
Conte at Chelsea has problems with Kante and Morata injured so he's not the only one struggling at the moment!

We only have 4 players out injured. Kiernan, Turner, Coker, Kightly

The problem is the squad as it's no where near being big enough. That is down to mismanagement of the budget in the summer

If people really think Brown is the best manager we can get I feel sorry for you. Im not going to give names of possible managers as it's not my job to do so, same as it's not my job to sack Brown. We have had the players to walk the league but they area badly managed. I still say we got promoted despite Brown, we are finishing where we are each season despite Brown.

Stop being blinkered people

Bet Northampton fans were overjoyed when they got Jimmy Floyd in, now look at them. Be careful what you wish for.

Alright, 5, but the point still stands. We've had far bigger injury crisis' in the past. Like the time we had to actually get Bilel back in

That's 3 central defenders injured and one suspended. We can't have 6 on the books.

In the centre of the back 4 now, we have the choices between White, Matsazuka (sorry if I spell it incorrectly) and Leonard.

That's 3 central defenders injured and one suspended. We can't have 6 on the books.

In the centre of the back 4 now, we have the choices between White, Matsazuka (sorry if I spell it incorrectly) and Leonard.

No but you can sign players who are fit to come straight into a team

Turner should never have been signed. The guy hasn't started a league game for almost 2 years. We can't be shocked that he's been invisible. The transfer policy in the summer was no where near good enough and we were slow out of the gate again

Brown has been here long enough now. This has his stamp all over it. It's his squad, his staff, the buck stops with him

Still in but bit by bit it's slipping to Brown out.

He needs to end this, starting tomorrow.

"No but you can sign players who are fit to come straight into a team."

Oh indeed, but what should have happened is immaterial; what has happened is the situation we are in.

Back