• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues boss Brown not fearing for his future despite defeat to Fleetwood

It's tough right now, everything seems to be on a downward spiral.The team's performance, the playing surface and disrepair of Roots Hall. However, anyone who's supported the club for an extended period of time knows we've seen darker days in the past. A change in manager could give us a boost, but not guaranteed. Who is available that can turn it around quickly ?

Although I will, I can't stand the thought of watching us again in the 4th division. Also, how will all this impact the future of the new stadium development ? I'll be back in March cheering and supporting the team on who ever the manager and players are. COYB.

Cant decided if you’re a troll or just deluded
So sorry mate. I thought this forum was open to all points of view. Seems I was wrong. If I had know it was only open to people who share your point of view I would not have posted...Really NOT sorry for upsetting you mate..

OK I'll bite.
Who will replace him, or more who importantly, wants his job that is available or up to the challenge to deliver. Brown seems to want away by his demeanour and his actions. Is this because he just wants to get gone or has he got something in place ( contract) that if he gets the push Tefron, we'll have to stump up some sort of golden handshake goodbye? Perhaps keeping him is a cheaper option if so, just doesn't make any sense but then again this is our club we're talking about, lets move to a new huge stadia where we'll be the envy of most clubs, Well on 3 sides of it anyway to start with. Mind you how will it look in a few years time after the lack of investment and maintenance, will the fourth side get built? we can't fill Roots Hall and even in the championship I can't remember a sell out? I'm going for a cry now. :sad:
Just a thought

Home support over the whole of our last season in the Championship was running at 95% capacity. There were several games that sold out to home fans.

So sorry mate. I thought this forum was open to all points of view. Seems I was wrong. If I had know it was only open to people who share your point of view I would not have posted...Really NOT sorry for upsetting you mate..

Thats answered my question then. Deluded

Let’s not turn on each other please. We really ought to have enough targets for all our anger among the SUFC players and management!

I Think you lot need to lighted up yes we are in trouble but we still have 18 games to go.YES 18 GAMES LOL.. I still think Brown is the man to get as out of this poor run hopefully we can get a couple of new signings in next week to improve the team...Brown is on 98 wins while manager at Southend and I fully expect him to reach 100 wins over the next few games.
You all seen to thing changing manager is the answer to our poor run but it has not done Sunderland,Birmingham,Swansea much good has it...

We aren't Birmingham, Sunderland or Swansea. The players aren't interested in playing for Brown despite what is said in the media. His tactics and formation is wrong, he has no plan B. A change of manager will resolve all these issues. I respect the how opinion but please don't expect any sympathy when we get relegated

If you really feel happy that the first 55 minutes was up to standard at this level, playing at home, then that says everything about how low the manager's expectations are of a team that, let's face it, is better than the league position we are in, on paper.

Firstly, I don't think we have a team as such. Just a bunch of individuals, many of whom are well past their sell-by-date and/or carrying pre-conditioned injuries.
Secondly, as we all know we don't play on paper, which is why we are in a relegation battle.

I can’t work out what’s behind his demeanour in his interviews, which is a world away from what it was 3 weeks ago.

Either he and Ron had a good chat but Ron wasn’t completely honest and Brown is genuinely blissfully unaware about what’s going on in the background.

Or it was one of those meetings: “We both know this isn’t working out and that we’ll go our separate ways at the end of the season unless things get critical before then, but stop saying silly things to the press and let’s both try to put on a positive and united front for now in an effort to ease the issues in the short term until we part”.

Firstly, I don't think we have a team as such. Just a bunch of individuals, many of whom are well past their sell-by-date and/or carrying pre-conditioned injuries.
Secondly, as we all know we don't play on paper, which is why we are in a relegation battle.

I think you're agreeing with me, as that's the point I was making.

Well he bloody well should be fearing for his future as he has assembled this shower of disinterested no-marks who are collectively an embarressment to themselves and supporters.
I honestly don’t know how the hell PB can make such ridiculous comments unless he knows for sure his future is totally assured. 8 defeats out if 9 and with us plummeting down the table and in freefall then I cannot understand such a comment which without doubt and indeed has angered us supporters. It’s beyind comprehension and us arrogant to say the least.

I’ve sent an e-mail to the Directors at Bury, telling them how great PB is and that
he would do a great job for them. Would suit him - oop North, splash the cash. I think PB might thank me personally if they come after him����. You can only hope!

Last edited:
Apologies if it's been posted already, but I saw this on the BBC website..

Shrimpers woes continue
The pressure on Southend boss Phil Brown is quite intense at the moment.

The Shrimpers suffered their seventh defeat in eight league games as they were beaten 2-1 at home by Fleetwood, and are now just two points above the League One relegation zone.

However, Brown told BBC Essex he does not fear for his job and that "a couple of moments of madness by senior pros" cost his side.

Southend were ninth, eight points off the play-offs, before their slump started and Brown knows he needs to halt the slide to extend their stay in the third tier into a fourth season.

"Teams are coming to Roots Hall and smelling blood," the 58-year-old said.

"The thought we can finish the season strong and get in the play-offs is long gone. Nothing magical is going to get us out of it other than hard work."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42676547

I’ve sent an e-mail to the Directors at Bury, telling them how great PB is and that
he would do a great job for them. Would suit him - oop North, splash the cash. I think PB might thank me personally if they come after him����. You can only hope!

Nice one. Reminds me of the 1980's when Hull City advertised in the national newspapers for a new manager. I applied but told them I would need to have Saturdays off so that I could watch SUFC. They sent me a nice letter saying they wouldn't need me.

Back