• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL SPORTS SPECIAL, Live from Maldon's Park Drive

I think Wiggster was referring to her darling, Jay Smith. That said, given Wiggy's proclivity towards the vertically-challenged members of the squad (Jay Smith, Darryl), I am a little concerned at her withering assessment of JCR!

Yours, in confusion,

Matt

Don't care how tall they are if they have ability. Zoltan is 6ft 10 and Bailey is ginger, couldn't care less but they both look poorer than Sodje/Prior, Smith and dare i say it an up for it Gutts. I genuinely think Tilson is a very poor judge of a player and got extremely lucky with Eastwood!

It doesn't matter if you have the back 4 who are all over 6ft , if they can't read the game then they are gonna struggle and we are goning to concead cheap goals.

Although these are friendlys surely the class should show through , it looks that way in our attacking play , but is lacking in our defence so far .

I have not seen Zoltan play , but by the reports i've been reading it looks as though he doesn't read the game that well, something that spinner had in abundance and something that maybe will bite us on the bum this season.

I think Wiggster was referring to her darling, Jay Smith. That said, given Wiggy's proclivity towards the vertically-challenged members of the squad (Jay Smith, Darryl), I am a little concerned at her withering assessment of JCR!

Yours, in confusion,

Matt
A withering assesment of JCR because as Black demonstrated last night that if you keep going forward rather than stop, go back where you have come from and perform a circus act, he might actualy put in a cross or score a goal!

It doesn't matter if you have the back 4 who are all over 6ft , if they can't read the game then they are gonna struggle and we are goning to concead cheap goals.

Although these are friendlys surely the class should show through , it looks that way in our attacking play , but is lacking in our defence so far .

I have not seen Zoltan play , but by the reports i've been reading it looks as though he doesn't read the game that well, something that spinner had in abundance and something that maybe will bite us on the bum this season.
Spot on, Prior could read a game and head better than Zoltan, oh well 50k down..........!

Spot on, Prior could read a game and head better than Zoltan, oh well 50k down..........!

You do speak some rubbish Wiggy. Zoltan has been signed on a 2 year deal. He's 21 and doesn't speak English yet. He's a signing for the future, so judge him on what he does next season.

Tilly would have pulled off the transfer coup of the season to have signed for £50,000 a 21 year old who could already read the game and head the ball as well as 20 year veteran Spencer Prior, who played most of his career in the top flight.

All this scapegoating so early in the season is ridiculous. Let's get this clear. Everybody knows it's all Maher's fault.

You do speak some rubbish Wiggy. Zoltan has been signed on a 2 year deal. He's 21 and doesn't speak English yet. He's a signing for the future, so judge him on what he does next season.

Tilly would have pulled off the transfer coup of the season to have signed for £50,000 a 21 year old who could already read the game and head the ball as well as 20 year veteran Spencer Prior, who played most of his career in the top flight.

Don't you mean wiggy is 21 stone and doesn't speak English yet?

Once...:confused: :eek:

... twice, 3 times a lady ....

Incidentally, Mr. Lionel Ritchie was referring to his ex-wife's obesity problem and size, which was roughly equal to the average mother living in a Basildon council house, or anyone in Shoeburyness. He used her old watch-strap as a belt apparently. For some reason, the disco divs at the time thought it was a love song.

He could do that instantly or after years of experience ?

I remember a lovely back pass Prior did against Bolton one Boxing day that cost us 2 points and thinking what a donkey he was.

Still I think its more than justified writing Zoltan off after a couple of friendlies when he has had no chance to settle in.

Jeez....

Although these are friendlys surely the class should show through , .

You like to think so, but they are friendlies none the less and last night was a 2nd string team.

West Ham got beaten by MK Dons but Im sure Curbishley isnt writing off next season based on that...

foran was utter ****e tonight, bottled numerous chances and just didn't look interested.
Along with Harrold, Foran is another player whose back we should get off... He wasn't 'utter sh*te'. He had a poor 1st half but got much more involved 2nd half. And he's not uninterested - just before he scored that wonder goal he shouted to Ademano that there were only five minutes left, clearly as keen as any of the other players to win the game. Football's a confidence game. The lad's come here and not made a great start. Give him a break and see what he can do...
I agree that Black looked top quality - a couple of the runs he went on were class, regardless of whether the opponents were postmen or not (perhaps that's why their strikers looked more practised than ours).

did anyone notice how many foul throws maldon got away with last night? Their left back didn't have two hands on the ball once!!:hilarious:
Poor taste, mate. Surely, a guy who overcomes physical difficulties such as that is to be admired not mocked? Incidentally, he looked a good little player to me.

Back