• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aaron Ramsey

ShrimperChris

First XI
In the Stoke Arsenal game today, Ramsey suffered an horrific injury after a tackle from Shawcross who was sent off but left the field in tears. The TV station I was watching the game online on didn't replay the incident, but a lot of players on both sides seemed shocked by the injury. Really doesn't sound good for Ramsey, who was put straight into an ambulance in the tunnel by the looks of things.

Just seen a couple of horrible horrible pictures and the video on youtube.

Wish him the best of luck in his recovery.

Wenger's post match comments say that he's being transferred to London immediately to see if he needs emergency surgery. Terrible incident, made even worse given that Ramse is only about 19.

Certainly puts shagging a teammates missus and not shaking hands in perspective.

From the FM football fourm bit.

Latest from 5Live - the tibula and fibula are damaged according to Arsenal's physio's. The injury is higher up than the Edurado injury v Birmingham. Ramsey expected to be out for 'some time'.

Feel sorry for Shawcross too - there's clearly no malice he was just late and went in hard. It actually looks like he was pulled back by an Arsenal player as he goes to make the tackle which may have been why he mistimed it.

Very reminiscent of the Eduardo incident but Taylor's tackle that day was malicious and with his studs high. Shawcross' was just clumsy and unfortunate, I don't think there was any bad intent. They said on MOTD that Shawcross had never been sent off before in his career. It didn't look that bad at first sight but that NoTW photo is horrible. Very sad, such a talented player.

I haven't seen any of the post-match interviews but I'm led to believe that Wenger labelled Shawcross a disgrace for the challenge. If that's true, then it's embarassing for Wenger to have completely over reacted again. He did the same after the Eduardo incident, saying that Taylor should be banned for life, before later retracting his statement and apologising to the player.

Shawcross is not that kind of player, he puts 100% in to every challenge but it's never malicious at all and I genuinely feel for him. I just hope he can put it behind him.

Fair play to Glenn Whelan as well... Top effort in consoling Ramsey so he didn't aggravate the injury further.

Last edited:
If Ramsey hadn't been so badly injured, that would have been a yellow card at most.

A shocking injury & hopefully one that will heal quickly, but alas, I doubt it!

I haven't seen any of the post-match interviews but I'm led to believe that Wenger labelled Shawcross a disgrace for the challenge. If that's true, then it's embarassing for Wenger to have completely over reacted again. He did the same after the Eduardo incident, saying that Taylor should be banned for life, before later retracting his statement and apologising to the player.

Shawcross is not that kind of player, he puts 100% in to every challenge but it's never malicious at all and I genuinely feel for him. I just hope he can put it behind him.

Fair play to Glenn Whelan as well... Top effort in consoling Ramsey so he didn't aggravate the injury further.

He didn't say Shawcross was a disgrace, but he did say the challenge was unacceptable, which you can understand as he's seen three players in four years sidelined by such injuries!

The challenge was only a borderline red in my opinion, it was late and at high speed - Shawcross' studs weren't up either. Ramsey was rather unlucky.
Hopefully it'll be a clean break and he'll be able to resume playing in a few months.

Wenger's post match comments say that he's being transferred to London immediately to see if he needs emergency surgery. Terrible incident, made even worse given that Ramse is only about 19.

Certainly puts shagging a teammates missus and not shaking hands in perspective.

surly in some ways its a good thing hes 19 he is young and should be able to recover from it

He didn't say Shawcross was a disgrace, but he did say the challenge was unacceptable, which you can understand as he's seen three players in four years sidelined by such injuries!

The challenge was only a borderline red in my opinion, it was late and at high speed - Shawcross' studs weren't up either. Ramsey was rather unlucky.
Hopefully it'll be a clean break and he'll be able to resume playing in a few months.

That's correct. I wish that managers / players weren't expected to front up for interviews immediately afte TVr games. Wenger & Fabregas were both clearly upset by what happened to Ramsey and quite rightly so. However with the benefit of an hour or so to consider what they had to say their response may have been different. I was also ****ed off with Sky by acting as a censor and not showing it again during the half time interval. Keys & Gray are ***** enough without trying to protect my sensibilities.

Clearly it was a poor challenge, but it was equally clearly not intenional, it was a grotesque accident which occasionally happens in sport. I hope Ramsey makes a quick and full recovery as clearly he's a very talented young player.

What do people expect say Wenger to say? It wasn't the worse tackle I've seen but the problem was Ramsey's foot was on the floor when the contact was made.

Good to see that Whelan was the first to get down beside Ramsey, put his hand on his shoulder and try to comfort him. The Arsenal players were understandably shellshocked. This was no conspiracy on the part of Stoke and I hope that Shawcross isn't demonised as a result. All the best to Ramsey - a fantastic player.

I am not suggesting it was deliberate, as I have seen replay after replay and it was very unlucky but is anyone aware that this is the third leg that Shawcross has broken (through football challenges) in his career so far?

I am not suggesting it was deliberate, as I have seen replay after replay and it was very unlucky but is anyone aware that this is the third leg that Shawcross has broken (through football challenges) in his career so far?

who were the other two?

That's a bit of a non-statement when you consider the size of the lad and the position he plays.

Having seen it a few times now, I'm more convinced that it's a completely freak injury. Ramsey's appears to be falling into the challenge as well and Shawcross is pulled back slightly by Bendtner as he lunges for the ball which is going to cause him to come in a fraction of a second later... More than enough to cause an injury.

Back