• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Phil Brown to Southend...

I know this rumour is a bit far fetched but people saying they wouldn't want him here are deluded.

He's a proven manager who works wonders on a budget, sounds exactly what we need.

No chance we'd atract that type of calibre here once Tilly walks and I'm fairly sure that'll happen now.

Phil Brown would never come to Southend! Unless we are like a top 6 Championship club. He's a good manager, bit annoying how he always has the microphone/weird thing on his face every game lol.

Christ, is this still going?!

Phil Brown is a Lower Prem/Upper Champ manager. We are a ****** 4th division team without a pot to **** in. If Tilson leaves, we'll be back to the 'ex-player in need of a break' or 'impressive non-league boss' bargain buckets.

If Tilly is going to stay I hope he signs that new contract very soon otherwise we've got a whole summer of this sort of speculation to look forward to.

Christ, is this still going?!

Phil Brown is a Lower Prem/Upper Champ manager. We are a ****** 4th division team without a pot to **** in. If Tilson leaves, we'll be back to the 'ex-player in need of a break' or 'impressive non-league boss' bargain buckets.

What he said.

I've heard some stupid stories on here in the past, but this certainly tops the lot.

This thread needs to be taken down. Hull fans were angered at the choice of Dowie over Brown and many of them want him back in next year which is a real possibility atm, if not he will get championship job offers if not an assistant mangers role at a prem club

Idle speculation, must be just a cover up!

I suspect that RM has promised to hold the job open for Capello. On provision that Fabio makes sure he fixes it so that early buyers like OBL can't claim their season-card money back after the world cup.

Yes we've seen through this one!;)

Heard this one today.
Feels slightly random....

There is definitely things afoot though, why are new managers being rumoured about if Tilly was dead cert on staying!?

Sorry we cant even pay our players, what on earth possessed you to believe that? Why would a premiership manager on a £10000> wage a week drop to a club who have no money and in the lowest league ever consider a move?

Mark Cooper. Slightly more realistic chance of getting him than Phil Brown!!
Cooper would get my vote simply on the grounds that my best friend used to work with him at Kettering and still keeps in touch with him. Therefore, I'd be in pole position for posting half-baked nonsense reliable-source gossip.

Obviously I still want Tilly to lead us out in August, though.

blimey you can tell our seasons over! this type of thread is classic close season.
utter tripe.

Back