• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

by rm's destructive bender i meant the way he hung tilson out to dry with no players and not paying the ones he had -

for me RM wanted league 2

Destructive my arse....He got rid of Tilly because we were on a downward spiral and needed freshening up. Sturrock has done that with bells on. If RM wanted to destroy SUFC he wouldn't have got Sturrock in.

We are 3rd and doing well, why do you have to pick on the past to get all negative? Because there's nothing but positive at the moment and you can't handle the fact that we are doing well while RM is the chairman.

where's GlasgowSUFC to put a downer on yesterday's result and the fact that we have won the last 3 games?? Unusually quiet!!

He's probably coming 2nd best on Eggheads again.

Last edited by a moderator:
DWB we did well with RM in charge when Tilly was manager but RMs ego got carried away, lets hope history doesn't repeat itself. For me if PB can carry us forward and get us promoted then that's great.

by rm's destructive bender i meant the way he hung tilson out to dry with no players and not paying the ones he had -

for me RM wanted league 2

You could argue that all things considered with the credit crunch we would have had the same situation yet no lifelong amazing memories. Im far from an RM fan, but if the banks would have lended we'd be in there now, L2 or championship.

Anyway lets not dig up that old bollocks, 4 0 win away, players looking good, UTB.

We are 3rd and doing well, why do you have to pick on the past to get all negative? Because there's nothing but positive at the moment and you can't handle the fact that we are doing well while RM is the chairman.

Great result and at last something people who went will remember in years to come.

Doing well? Yes, we're probably to within about 15 places from where we were when Ron started to pull the rug from under Tilly's feet.

Great result and at last something people who went will remember in years to come.

Doing well? Yes, we're probably to within about 15 places from where we were when Ron started to pull the rug from under Tilly's feet.

we both know the credit crunch hit hard. He was wrong not to pay the players but if he had paid the players and not the debtors, we may not have a club now

Yes, things are really looking up now with those results, won't be long before Ronnie M is back out on the pitch with a microphone rallying the troops and making big promises. Joy. Mick was right earlier in the thread, about the position we were in before Tilly had the rug pulled from under him. We'd do well to remember that.

Yes, things are really looking up now with those results, won't be long before Ronnie M is back out on the pitch with a microphone rallying the troops and making big promises. Joy. Mick was right earlier in the thread, about the position we were in before Tilly had the rug pulled from under him. We'd do well to remember that.

I agree, but lets remember how much the pre-rug pulled squad was earning - and compare to this squad

wickfordtilly is kindly sponsored by CAPTAIN BIRDSEYE, dog in a manger.com and Mr Angry from the Mr Men.

curiously wickfordtilly has been absent from SZ since saturday afternoon - he is either still deliriously celebrating somewhere in the streets of sheffield - or is not very happy with a 4-0 win under Paul Sturrock - I wonder which:smile:

curiously wickfordtilly has been absent from SZ since saturday afternoon - he is either still deliriously celebrating somewhere in the streets of sheffield - or is not very happy with a 4-0 win under Paul Sturrock - I wonder which:smile:

I'll go out later and have a look for him, the problem is that if he's happy he'll stick out like a sore-thumb in Sheffield... however if he's his usual self then he'll blend in like one of the locals.

Glad to see you're off suicide watch
In hindsight I think we now know the damage was done when we were relegated from the Championship and didn't offload players who had been put on championship wages.
Big bad Ron as the man in charge takes the blame for that but if he had done then what he should have done, the howls of outrage from Southend fans would have been heard in outer space.
Since we're stuck with him as chairman let's hope he's learned from his mistakes if we ever get back to those dizzy heights. Equally importantly let's hope he's grown a thick skin as it can be guaranteed that the fans will be calling for the club to return to spending money it doesn't have on transfer fees/wages if we ever get a sniff of the championship again.

In hindsight I think we now know the damage was done when we were relegated from the Championship and didn't offload players who had been put on championship wages.
Big bad Ron as the man in charge takes the blame for that but if he had done then what he should have done, the howls of outrage from Southend fans would have been heard in outer space.
Since we're stuck with him as chairman let's hope he's learned from his mistakes if we ever get back to those dizzy heights. Equally importantly let's hope he's grown a thick skin as it can be guaranteed that the fans will be calling for the club to return to spending money it doesn't have on transfer fees/wages if we ever get a sniff of the championship again.

That is only too true, Leeds supporters were exhorting Bates to get his ****ing chequebook out and spend some money. Oh what short term memories football supporters have.

, about the position we were in before Tilly had the rug pulled from under him. We'd do well to remember that.

no we wouldn't !!!!
sorry not picking on you its just this post was the last straw

, but I don't need to be reminded. I am not a child with a 5 second memory . We win 4.0 away , I's as happy as Larry and looking forward to being top of the league on Friday night- then I come on here hoping to read positive stuff and as usual its full off negativity. We know what has gone before us , just becasue we don't mention it every 5 seconds does not mean we have forgotten and all is forgiven

I am looking forward to lge 1 footy at the hall - not sure i am going to wet my knickers over a team of scotsmen winning long throw in football -

yep i know there are hardly any scotsmen but you know wtf - can we fast forward back up

That is only too true, Leeds supporters were exhorting Bates to get his ****ing chequebook out and spend some money. Oh what short term memories football supporters have.

I've actually been thinking lately that with hindsight maybe getting relegated in 06/07 wasn't the worst thing that could have happened. Another year or two more at that level before the financial plug was pulled could well have seen us go through what Plymouth are going through now and Luton did before them.

I've actually been thinking lately that with hindsight maybe getting relegated in 06/07 wasn't the worst thing that could have happened. Another year or two more at that level before the financial plug was pulled could well have seen us go through what Plymouth are going through now and Luton did before them.

...and for that matter Bradford & Swindon.

I've actually been thinking lately that with hindsight maybe getting relegated in 06/07 wasn't the worst thing that could have happened.

So even in his failures, Tilly did the "right thing". Don't tell DWB.

Of the 21 teams that stayed up when we went down only Plymouth have plummetted, 6 are now in the Premier and 18 are at the same level or higher.

Back