• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gaddafi captured ?

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

I have mixed feelings if he's dead as I'd have liked to have seen him face justice for his crimes at the International Criminal Court. Having said that, it's difficult to see how you could have any sort of trial when everyone knows he was responsible for some of the most heinous crimes in recent history.

Still, it's been a good couple of days for scum-bashing. :thumbsup:

I have mixed feelings if he's dead as I'd have liked to have seen him face justice for his crimes at the International Criminal Court. Having said that, it's difficult to see how you could have any sort of trial when everyone knows he was responsible for some of the most heinous crimes in recent history.

Still, it's been a good couple of days for scum-bashing. :thumbsup:

I think it would have been more appropriate that he would be tried by the Libyan people.

I think it would have been more appropriate that he would be tried by the Libyan people.

True, but the spectacle of a show trial a la Saddam would not have been pleasant either. I do not agree with summary justice but any trial in Libya would only end the same way. Ultimately, he got what was coming to him.

What do we think about the photo being shown?

A step too far or 'proof' his terror is really over?

I'm not sure I wanted to see it really...

The photos had to be shown for absolute proof he was dead

The latest rumours are that rather than being killed by a NATO airstrike he was captured alive by the NTC and dragged through the streets of Sirte being kicked and punched before being executed by an as yet unknown assailant

Makes you wonder why he never took the opportunity to flee to South America or a friendly African neighbour when he had the chance. Surely he wasn't deluded enough to think this day wouldn't come once the rebels approached Trippoli.

Makes you wonder why he never took the opportunity to flee to South America or a friendly African neighbour when he had the chance. Surely he wasn't deluded enough to think this day wouldn't come once the rebels approached Tripoli.

He said he'd die a martyrs death in his beloved Libya .. apparently he was found hiding (ala Saddam Hussein) in a sewage overflow pipe which i don't find particularly heroic if truth be told

It looks like an out of court settlement was reached to me

Back