• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we bring a Striker in on loan?

• Yes

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 14.0%

• Total voters
We don't need a striker, but if there's room in the budget then I'd like to see one come in.

I'm pretty happy with both Mohsni and Hall as attacking back-up to Harris, Dickinson and Sturrock though.

If Corr is to come back early in the new year and maintain the necessary level of fitness I don't see a problem. If Luggy has concerns as to whether Corr can be considered again at all this season then ano loanee would be preferable to considering Harry Crawford who should have gone out on loan earlier. Also feel JJ has to be given more game time.

Don't think we need one in on loan, as we are going along fine, and we only have 5 weeks until the transfer window, so even if we have a couple of injuries I am sure we will cope for 3 or 4 matches.

Then re-assess the situation in January, depending on injuries (including Corr), league position, form and budget with other players coming or going.

Having watched Dicko's debut at Canvey I thought he looked poor.As the season has progressed he has improved massively and I think he is doing a decent job. Work rate is good and has chipped in with some good goals (as well as pens). As for Harris I think he will improve.His record speaks for itself at a higher level and although he may now be past his best he (as other posters have said) does a lot of intelliegent running and creates space for the likes of Hall.He will come good in second half of season.We are not blessed with pace which at this level is a massive advantage but all things considered I am very happy with what we have. The table doesn't lie:smiles:

Earlier in the thread I may well have said no, but with the news about Corr, I think it may be a good idea. Asante & Crawford will be nothing more than bit players and will get the suqre root of bugger all in game time. Same for Paterson if he comes back.

Tara Brady has said it's **** or bust to get out of this God awful division so maybe he'll find the wherewithal.

One thing I have been impressed with is how we've used the loan market this season, N'Daiye was a waste of space and this was quickly identified. Since we've only had Timlin & Daniels, both of whom are unqualified successes. Look back at the inumerable and invariably dodgy loaness we've had in recent years.

personally, a feel a lot will depend on the next few weeks both from an on and off the field perspective.

if we start to falter , players start losing form PS may want to freshen things up

if we beat oldham and then get a moneyspinner in early jan , we may well be able to afford a loanee.

Happy enough with what we have, Dicko was overdue a goal glut and is showing signs that he could be coming to life, Harris whilst he's been disappointing could still get 8-10 for the season, Hall & Mohsni can cause any defence problems when played up top and we've goals from Phillips & Kane to add in too.

Once Daniels has gone back, if we got an injury up top then bring someone in, otherwise why upset a winning formula?

Football-rumours the world dodgiest website now reporting Hall to join Steve "fat gobshite" Evans at Crawley in Jan for 120K. Bid accepted by blues, Hall wants to stay but cant resist 100% in wages.

Agree - Harris will notch 15 + by end of season - he just needs a few things to go his way IMO

Football-rumours the world dodgiest website now reporting Hall to join Steve "fat gobshite" Evans at Crawley in Jan for 120K. Bid accepted by blues, Hall wants to stay but cant resist 100% in wages.
Mmmwwaaaahhhhaahahahahahaha. That's one of the best yet.

Earlier in the thread I may well have said no, but with the news about Corr, I think it may be a good idea. Asante & Crawford will be nothing more than bit players and will get the suqre root of bugger all in game time. Same for Paterson if he comes back.

Tara Brady has said it's **** or bust to get out of this God awful division so maybe he'll find the wherewithal.

One thing I have been impressed with is how we've used the loan market this season, N'Daiye was a waste of space and this was quickly identified. Since we've only had Timlin & Daniels, both of whom are unqualified successes. Look back at the inumerable and invariably dodgy loaness we've had in recent years.

Crawford is still injured, Asante has barely been getting games, let alone tearing up trees during his exile on the rock (with both Concord and Canvey)

Paterson has been injured, but only has scored 2 in 9 , (That in a league below the one in which Scott Vernon has got 5 in 14 !)

I was in the maybe column before, and still am. I'm just as worried about defensive injuries as attacking ones, so we'll see. I'd be very happy to see us grind out a few 1-0 victories.

Do we need a striker? probably not, but just because we are top of the league does't mean we shouldn't look to improve the squad. With Corr unlikey to play much of a part this season maybe theres room for a striker. I think any players signing in January will be replacements for players leaving, if we manage to hold on to the likes of Hall, Ferdinand etc i don't see much happening.
Most likely movement would be Ferdinand departing and some of the cash used for Timlin.................wonder what Boli is up to.

I voted yes.

Not because I am unhappy with those we have, but we also need someone with real pace to supply another option.

Bringing in another striker is my highest priority ........ we are top now ...... and you stay top by strengthening the team rather than sitting on your laurels.

People seem to think that bringing in another striker might upset the team ..... tosh, I say. Why should it? Nobody said that when Daniels arrived ..... or even Timlin.

Harris has been unlucky to date but will score more but adds other dimensions.
Dickinson was poor away at Preston but good at home - no complaints really and I think, overall, he is doing a good job.

Errrrr ...... that's it. What other strikers do we have that have shown this season that they can make a significant contribution? Jesus is fabulous ..... is wanted in other parts of the team and putting Hall upfront reduces the wing play and threat of crosses.

No for me, another striker is top priority.

Back