• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And the 8th placed team has 2 games in hand.
Even if they win they will be 8 points behind. Although they have won 3 of their last 4, they last 4 in a row before that so there's no guarantee they won't lose form again. Teams on the fringe of the playoffs will not win every game.

Sturrock on BBC Essex

Called the performance gutless.

Inconsistency. We wil change the personnel

Have to give Aldershot credit. We haven't had a shot on goal. A few players have really let themselves down.

We can only hope that Swindon continue to crush all our rivals, romp to the title, Crawley suffer because they have lost Barnett and Tubbs and Shrews and Torquay fade.

I maintain the main problem is Luggy does not know his best team, whereas the likes of Swindon and Torquay are playing the same team week in week out home and away. Too many options I feel, its nice to have squad depth but is the spirit the same before the January transfer window?

Even if they win they will be 8 points behind. Although they have won 3 of their last 4, they last 4 in a row before that so there's no guarantee they won't lose form again. Teams on the fringe of the playoffs will not win every game.

There's always a team that comes with a late run. I'm just saying the play offs ain't done yet, and we are hardly in promotion form. We've been very inconsistent and have two tough away games followed by a home game against Crawley. We will have a much better idea as to whether this team has the balls for promotion after the next 3 games.

Sturrock just described the performance as gutless if I heard right.

Sounds like he's about to cry, yet again singles out the keeper for the penalty even though he said that we never had a shot in 90 minutes so what about the other 10 that he's picked?

Just spoke to a pal who went tonight and he is fuming. Said it was the worst performance he had seen in years.

Spineless gutless and clueless. If we dont start using our assets properly soon then i reckon we may miss out on the autos. For me swindon are now dead certs for the title given the way they are playing and games in hand and having seen us play both cheltenham and shrewsbury and come up very second best im fearing the worst.

Worst Southend performance this season according to CP on twitter, interesting to see if those who went agree.

You must be pretty stupid then if you don't understand what I said.

Where did I say in that post that I want triangle passing? There is a lot more to choosing a way to play football than just saying 'we'll play short' or 'we'll play direct'. We have now been well and truly found out. Teams do their homework on us, they know our threatening players, they know pretty much what we're going to try to do with the ball every time we have possession, and they now know how to nullify us. We are far, far too predictable and other clubs probably only need to have us watched for 20 minutes to realise that if they set up to be organised against us and to press us, we'll panic and lump it.

We clearly do not have the ability to make tweaks to our style of play to give us an edge again when things aren't going our way. We only have one way to play and if we are nullified (which is pretty easy for other teams to do now), we're pretty much ****ed.

Yes football is a results business. Again, you're putting words in my mouth because I never said that it wasn't. But at the moment, and on the whole since December, we haven't been getting the consistently good results that we were getting. Our current form is lower mid-table at best. We're only still around the top because we built up such a big lead in the first half of the season. We have now lost the big advantage and if this form carries on for much longer, we will struggle to make the play-offs at the season's end. That is a fact, and if you can't see that then I really do feel sorry for you.

Mr James if that is your real name. I did not realise I was dealing with a fellow MENSA member.

I am confused by all the words that you put together.

I keep my head after every result and I still maintain that we will be promoted. I find it odd when people change their view on what they think will happen after each singular game.

In case you didn't know, when I quote a post I don't only refer to the quoted post. This may be difficult to understand for some but as a hyper-intelligent chap such as yourself, I'm sure you can glean that. I was merely referring to one style of play.

I'm affraid I do not buy the argument 'we should be beating teams like Aldershot' what? Teams like Aldershot that are now on a 4 game winning run?

If we have been 'well and truly found out' as you so suggest, does that mean that you think that we Southend United will never win a game again this season?

Regards
Me.

Whilst gutted by the result and performance this evening. We are in a straight fight for 3rd place and to that end we lost a point to Cheltenham. Crawley won't be too affected by Barnett going. They signed Nouble from West Ham but he hasn't played yet and they have signed Batt on loan from Millwall. With Billy Clarke and Sanchez Watt as well don't think they will experience a lack of goals at our level.

Whilst gutted by the result and performance this evening. We are in a straight fight for 3rd place and to that end we lost a point to Cheltenham. Crawley won't be too affected by Barnett going. They signed Nouble from West Ham but he hasn't played yet and they have signed Batt on loan from Millwall. With Billy Clarke and Sanchez Watt as well don't think they will experience a lack of goals at our level.

I thought he turned them down?

If you assume every team will get the average points they have taken based on the last 10 games, assuming my rushed working out isn't wrong we should finish 6th. Then again I'm sure there will be dips in form for some teams and recovery in form for others so I wouldn't put too much faith in that.

Had a feeling we'd lose the rearranged game. Remember the rearrangement of Chelts away last season worked in our favour. Let's regroup for Saturday.

Mr James if that is your real name. I did not realise I was dealing with a fellow MENSA member.

I am confused by all the words that you put together.

I keep my head after every result and I still maintain that we will be promoted. I find it odd when people change their view on what they think will happen after each singular game.

In case you didn't know, when I quote a post I don't only refer to the quoted post. This may be difficult to understand for some but as a hyper-intelligent chap such as yourself, I'm sure you can glean that. I was merely referring to one style of play.

I'm affraid I do not buy the argument 'we should be beating teams like Aldershot' what? Teams like Aldershot that are now on a 4 game winning run?

If we have been 'well and truly found out' as you so suggest, does that mean that you think that we Southend United will never win a game again this season?

Regards
Me.

Not worth replying to properly. Sanctimonious, patronising and unnecessarily sarcastic. Can't bring myself to debate with a child. I don't know what game you watch half the time, but you're so out of touch with reality it's untrue. You enjoy being happy with a situation where "it will be ups and downs for the rest of the season" and I'll continue to maintain that a team who has as many up and downs as you appear to find acceptable won't get promoted (you see, promotion-winning teams only lose the odd game, not 50% of the last 13...)

Adieu.

Thank you to Col U Mad for the updates throughout, good work! :clap:

Cheers Kay :thumbsup: Can't believe we had a power cut five minutes before half-time!!!
Loved doing it though. Thanks to Cricko for letting me nick his thread :Worthy:

UTB

Back