• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh dear, get over Tilly, Eastwood made him look like a good manager which as we have since found out is not true!
..........................................................................."NOB".................................................................................
..............................................................................:angry:

Not worth replying to properly. Sanctimonious, patronising and unnecessarily sarcastic. Can't bring myself to debate with a child. I don't know what game you watch half the time, but you're so out of touch with reality it's untrue. You enjoy being happy with a situation where "it will be ups and downs for the rest of the season" and I'll continue to maintain that a team who has as many up and downs as you appear to find acceptable won't get promoted (you see, promotion-winning teams only lose the odd game, not 50% of the last 13...)

Adieu.

Good my dream became a reality to baffle Mr James. (If you can't take it, don't dish it out dear chum)

In case you forgot 'mate' you called me stupid and patronised me FIRST. Saying that you felt sorry for me, this is patronising language Mr James.

I'm glad you stick to your guns, sign of a strong will.

Do you think we should win the rest of our games then? I'm confused as to what you expect. Did you expect to carry on the 17 game unbeaten run FOREVER?

Timlin: "I'd like to apologise to the gaffer, Cocko, the chairman and fans because that wasn't good enough. We were shocking." - CP, twitter.

Good my dream became a reality to baffle Mr James. (If you can't take it, don't dish it out dear chum)

In case you forgot 'mate' you called me stupid and patronised me FIRST. Saying that you felt sorry for me, this is patronising language Mr James.

I'm glad you stick to your guns, sign of a strong will.

Do you think we should win the rest of our games then? I'm confused as to what you expect. Did you expect to carry on the 17 game unbeaten run FOREVER?

Not patronising to the extent that your post was. You just took it to a whole new level.

I recognise that man for man, pound for pound, this squad is one of the strongest, possibly the strongest in the division. If, in the context of this division, the squad wasn't quite strong enough for a promotion challenge then I wouldn't expect a promotion challenge. Last season for example, again man for man, the squad wasn't quite there in terms of quality and depth - there were holes and this sort of form last season didn't concern or upset me a great deal because I didn't feel that the squad was ever strong enough to mount a promotion challenge. I think it was punching above its weight by even knocking on the door of the play-offs. But this season it is strong enough. I said back in August that I felt the summer additions had brought the squad up to a promotion-winning standard and that we'd mount a challenge, and the January additions to the squad were also of a very high standard at least on paper for this division.

So whilst I didn't expect the winning run to go on forever, I didn't expect us to lose 6 out of 13 and to pick up only 14 points from a possible 30. I expected there to be the odd blip, the odd slip up, some dropping of points, but not to this extent. I believe strongly in the quality of this squad at this level and I believe to a large degree in the manager, despite having reservations about his ability to mix things up a little. So something is clearly wrong with the attitude of players, or the fact that the style of play has stopped working and needs tweaking, because this is more than a blip. This is a drastic loss of form which WILL cost us promotion if it carries on in that vain.

What I also expect is a lot more passion and will to win than I saw against Rotherham and Swindon, and more of both of those things than was apparently on show tonight.

Not patronising to the extent that your post was. You just took it to a whole new level.

I recognise that man for man, pound for pound, this squad is one of the strongest, possibly the strongest in the division. If, in the context of this division, the squad wasn't quite strong enough for a promotion challenge then I wouldn't expect a promotion challenge. Last season for example, again man for man, the squad wasn't quite there in terms of quality and depth - there were holes. But this season it is strong enough. I said back in August that I felt the summer additions had brought the squad up to a promotion-winning standard and that we'd mount a challenge, and the January additions to the squad were also of a very high standard at least on paper for this division.

So whilst I didn't expect the winning run to go on forever, I didn't expect us to lose 6 out of 13 and to pick up only 14 points from a possible 30. I expected there to be the odd blip, the odd slip up, some dropping of points, but not to this extent. I believe strongly in the quality of this squad at this level and I believe to a large degree in the manager, despite having reservations about his ability to mix things up a little. So something is clearly wrong with the attitude of players, or the fact that the style of play has stopped working and needs tweaking, because this is more than a blip. This is a drastic loss of form which WILL cost us promotion if it carries on in that vain.

Try not to take everyfffink so seriously, it helps.
I do generally agree with you, but in the true nature of our friendship, I wont make that known.

We need to step up again and should be looking for 7 points in the next three games.
Not the greatest of places to go is Aldershot on a Tuesday night, after the crazy flood light nightmare. Although it isn't an excuse, it's always going to go wrong isn't it? Just the way of life.

**** YOU LIFE!

Up The Blues!

So why exactly have the players put in such a performance. The fans deserve answers. You dont see Swindon playing like that. What has gone wrong that we have put in so many toothless displays since December?

just got back - i am f*cking disgusted with that shameful performance, what a total disgrace. heads must roll for that without a doubt not one shot on target, absolutely pathetic. Players know it was bad as well. Hear RM went in changing room after and did not look pleased. Gutless, Spineless you get the picture

Why Apologise to Ron? Have players been paid? The tax money due this week can we pay it? Have Club's office staff been paid? And OBD knows his thoughts are being found out.

Shocking. It's the first time i've come out of a game wanting my money back. Just saw on another thread that Timlin was supposedly our best player. Not sure I could name one but for me Timlin, Moshni and JPK need to be dropped and we revert to a 442 on sat with a big/little man strike partnership and hall and martin on the wings.

I blame PS for the way he set us up initially and for not changing it as early as the half hour mark when it was clear it wasn't working. The team responded slightly when Hall came on but this was too shortlived.

You must have been one of the few not at the Boxing Day game then.

We've just had two months of moaning that you lot never got your money back....

Had a feeling we'd lose the rearranged game. Remember the rearrangement of Chelts away last season worked in our favour. Let's regroup for Saturday.

Difference is that was Cheltenham's floodlight failure so if they lose the rearranged game then tough. Last night was very different, I sincerely hope I don't have to go back to Aldershot for a long, long time. To add insult to injury we also made a very very average L2 team look like promotion candidates - it was embarrassing. :thumbdown:

Shocking. It's the first time i've come out of a game wanting my money back. Just saw on another thread that Timlin was supposedly our best player. Not sure I could name one but for me Timlin, Moshni and JPK need to be dropped and we revert to a 442 on sat with a big/little man strike partnership and hall and martin on the wings.

I blame PS for the way he set us up initially and for not changing it as early as the half hour mark when it was clear it wasn't working. The team responded slightly when Hall came on but this was too shortlived.

Spot. On. Exactly what I was saying last night. Stick Prosser back in at LB too and we'd definitely be a better side with Grant in for Kalala. Play 4-4-2 with Hall and Martin on the flanks and Dicko/Benyon up top. I'm not holding my breath though......

Personally I thought Clohessy was our best player, and even he only had a very average game by his own standards. A group of fans where I was standing down the side called Clohessy over after the match to (I would imagine) complain about the team's style of play. I heard SC saying something like "it hasn't worked tonight but it worked for the last 2 games, you've gotta stay with us." I agree, we have to stay with the team but they are going to have to have to pull their finger out as THAT performance will never be acceptable to fans of Southend United. :thumbdown:

Angell....I do feel just a tad sorry for you as I have a sneaking feeling you will be back next season.

And it would do no harm to remember that you are playing in the basement of the Football League because for a number of years your club has been pretty useless. Aldershot on the other hand have a 'table in the basement' following 16 years of hard work and five promotions.

Tin-pot we are....I'm sure.....but as last night proved, too big for L2 you certainly aren't.

See you next year....

Back