• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poor game made worse by a dreadful referee who repeatedly gave soft fouls to the *****, and didn't give clear fouls to us.

First 15 mins we actually got the ball down and played some nice football. Then reverted to playing it longer and were ineffective. When the ref ignored foul after foul on Benyon we needed to stop hitting it long.

We struggle to break teams down at home, but the manager doesn't want an open game by playing two wingers. I don't get that one. We didn't look like scoring, but saying that nor did they

As for individuals. Everyone 6 / 7, except clohessy 5, hills 4, timlin 4 and the unfit sturrock 4

Just got back from match what a shower of s -- t.They have the damned gall to ask for season ticket money in February for games starting in August stating tickets will be more expensive in division 1.Well do you know something based on this display we will be remaining in this god forsaken division next season as well.A total shambles and an absolute disgrace at home we are.

Most shocking thing of the night was the die hard fans who fought so hard to be in the North Bank leaving before the final whistle

One of the things that is annoying me the most about southend is the players saying they are going to do something but then don't. For example i saw Harris and Benyon's interview after the the hereford game on saturday and harris pretty much said lets please the fans by following up this win with a win at home and then they play like that, although to be fair the first half werent that bad. Also sawyer on the programme said i want to convince the manager to give me another contract and then his lack of effort to defend cost us the goal. Its now starting to feel like a chore watching the blues now due to these poor performances and to be quite honest im getting a little bit fed up with it. 2 wins from 12 home games is disgraceful for a promotion pushing team. Need to improve fast otherwise we wont be able to even beat Barnet at home

So Luggy is going to try and bring in more players now apparently? Into what is already the biggest squad weve ever had and probably the biggest in the division? Certainly the likes of Barker and Timlin are woefully out of form but could we realistically get better in? Ive said it all season the one thing we really miss is some pace up top.

It may be a big squad, but no where near enough quality. Also i think some of the players just really dont care !

Plus ca change plus ca meme chose. 54 years of suffering goes on..and on...and on. That's why we love our team.

I was so angry on the train home I was unable to write anything on SZ
This is NOT the players fault! What the hell was the 1st half formation.
Bringing BS back after a long injury was just wrong!
Play / keep a winning team ask any successful manager !!!!!

Originally Posted by Beefy
Southend United ‏ @SUFCRootsHall

Southend: Belford, Clohessy, Hall, Timlin, Sawyer, Phillips, Sturrock, Barker, Benyon, Hills, Dailly.

Southend United ‏ @SUFCRootsHall

Subs: Harris, Ferdinand, Martin, Prosser, Sampson

:unsure: umm I'm not saying anything.
Tonight in my opinion was a must win game if we wnted to be in auto's. I wasn't there as stuck in Earls Court working.But the team Again, was set up not to conceed, we are at home Sturrock, great away, but we are at home sir!! I am not having a go at blair hes good at holding the ball up ,playing in others ect , but we need to score goals to get promoted. Benyon and Harris have started to look good together . We have played a couple of games close together so i understand that Harris may be a little tired, but please these are pro footballer's. Even only 50 min's for Harris but you have to start them together!!
As for leaving Martin on the bench at home, well WHY?
When was the last time that we looked like a promotion challenging team at home ? INFACT how many games this season have we looked like a promotion challenging team? I love Southend and have been watching my beloved blues for since my Dad carried me over the turnstiles in 1960. And I cant remember when I have felt so down. Grrrrrrrr
Sorry all rant over

I've accepted we will be in the play-offs now, we simply can't win at home at the moment and that is costing us big time.

I think what ever our views about what is wrong with the blues.
We most probally can agree on that they are ****ing us off ! how many for the next home game ?

Wasn't at the game, on nights, I thought Dailly was a centre-back in his hay-day? We seem to have this thing about playing players with recognised positional strengths in "new roles".
E.g - Patterson, out and out striker, played in midfield..Moshni central defender cum "panic button2 striker = midfield, Dailly as above..............why?
Curious as to why Harris / Benyon didn't start with Flood / sturrock coming on after an hour if all wasn't going to plan?

:unsure: umm I'm not saying anything.

Wasn't at the game, on nights, I thought Dailly was a centre-back in his hay-day? We seem to have this thing about playing players with recognised positional strengths in "new roles".
E.g - Patterson, out and out striker, played in midfield..Moshni central defender cum "panic button2 striker = midfield, Dailly as above..............why?
Curious as to why Harris / Benyon didn't start with Flood / sturrock coming on after an hour if all wasn't going to plan?
ANSWER : Because we have Mr Paul Sturrock as our manager.

Back