• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wasn't at the game, on nights, I thought Dailly was a centre-back in his hay-day? We seem to have this thing about playing players with recognised positional strengths in "new roles".
E.g - Patterson, out and out striker, played in midfield..Moshni central defender cum "panic button2 striker = midfield, Dailly as above..............why?
Curious as to why Harris / Benyon didn't start with Flood / sturrock coming on after an hour if all wasn't going to plan?

Harris was rested and what with us only playing tin pot Aldershot we could rely on good old Sturrock Jnr. If Harris can't play 2 games a week why did we sign him for 3 years? We needed to stick with the same strike partnership for once, how many times have we changed the front 2 this season?

I think we have to accept that we're not good enough to put a consistent run of form together that will see us finish anywhere other than the play-offs - certainly not with the current set-up.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Every home game I've managed to get to this season (Rotherham, Northampton, Burton and Crawley JPT) we've looked at best average and failed to win any of them bar the Crawley match when Bilel was sent off, and they looked the far better side. Away at Preston, Macclesfield and another I can't remember off the top of my head we were better, but still not promotion standard.

I personally feel that we need to take a different route, but not until the summer as changing things now would disrupt matters. People will probably rip into me, but I feel the football is negative and ineffective, signings have been poor and discipline has been appalling. I generally think we will be in this division again next season, which is a shame, but even if we do go up I still think we should pursue alternative options.

I think we have to accept that we're not good enough to put a consistent run of form together that will see us finish anywhere other than the play-offs - certainly not with the current set-up.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Every home game I've managed to get to this season (Rotherham, Northampton, Burton and Crawley JPT) we've looked at best average and failed to win any of them bar the Crawley match when Bilel was sent off, and they looked the far better side. Away at Preston, Macclesfield and another I can't remember off the top of my head we were better, but still not promotion standard.

I personally feel that we need to take a different route, but not until the summer as changing things now would disrupt matters. People will probably rip into me, but I feel the football is negative and ineffective, signings have been poor and discipline has been appalling. I generally think we will be in this division again next season, which is a shame, but even if we do go up I still think we should pursue alternative options.

Hit the nail on the head there, league 2 next year I'm afraid with these performances.

Well said sir, The appalling negative football served up at home is beyond belief considering our position in the table.

Am i the only one concerned that according to Mr.Sturrock last night, he is still trying to find the winning formula at home and the answer seemd to be that he is looking to bring in more players.........if he cannot find the 'winning formula' after almost 20 home games and having a squad of approx 30-35 players then i fear you are not the man to be leading us forward.

Crowds are slipping lower and lower and in my opinion this is largely down to the manager and the god awful lack of entertainment on offer due to the negative tactics, we are not good enough for the auto's and i fear we will not get through the play-offs as we will crumble against the better sides as we have done all season.

League 2 again next season and hopefully a change in management.

Disclaimer: Not a knee jerk reaction to last night, i have been saying similar for a long while.

Yes, you've got the hang of it.

Mohsni is of course "official scapegoat" and all the club's ills and indiscipline are down to him. Even Dickinson's on field indiscretions and he really shouldn't have done what he did in that hotel in Morecambe and certainly not three times !

I was so angry on the train home I was unable to write anything on SZ
This is NOT the players fault! What the hell was the 1st half formation.
Bringing BS back after a long injury was just wrong!

Play / keep a winning team ask any successful manager !!!!!

We played better first half than second half. Blair held the ball up well and the ball was passed around more. Coincidence?

Back