• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Taken from the Echo site...
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/9809011.Lottery_grant_helps_unemployed_Bangladeshi_community/

Lottery grant helps unemployed Bangladeshi community

5:44pm Tuesday 10th July 2012 in News

UNEMPLOYED members of the Bangldeshi community across Essex have taken up a range training courses thanks to lottery funding.

The Essex Bangladeshi Welfare Association, based in Thorpe Bay, were given a £7,497 Awards for All grant to help the most needy members of their community improve their employability.

Training sessions on offer include food and hygiene, first aid training, health and safety and swimming.

Altaf Hussain, association secretary, said: "This award will make a real difference to the needy members of our community, providing them with the chance of a full time job.

"It is anticipated that regular swimming will make a significant contribution in reducing diseases like diabetes, increased cholesterol levels, imbalanced blood pressure and depression.

"We are thrilled to be able to start helping our members which would not have been possible without this grant."

I am ****ing fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you'd rather they picked up benefits than tried to find employment?

Though obviously TB is talking bollocks, it's odd that in Islam, gambling is Haram (illegal) but this Muslim group is benefitting from gambling. There's a rather curious irony there as Allanah Morrisette might have said.

They are in the UK.

I doubt they are illegal immigrants.

They mite not even be illegal but the farce is if they were allowed to stay!

Sticking my slight racial prejudice (if you see it that way) aside for a moment - dont you think its wrong that a lottery fund should be seen to be choosing one community over another?

be very careful what you say ,an off dutycopper might get offended by your comments and you could end up in court costing the taxpayer a fortune.:nope:

Though obviously TB is talking bollocks, it's odd that in Islam, gambling is Haram (illegal) but this Muslim group is benefitting from gambling. There's a rather curious irony there as Allanah Morrisette might have said.

and how is it bollocks??? Did you read that story and think "yeah that's nice, that has really pleased me" no you ****ing didn't

What about people like me who have been made redundant through no fault of my own? Where is the white community of essex fund coming from?

UTTER CRAP

They mite not even be illegal but the farce is if they were allowed to stay!

Sticking my racial prejudice aside for a moment - dont you think its wrong that a lottery fund should be seen to be choosing one community over another?

Why? If people are here legally why shouldn't they be allowed to stay? I think you need to check back and see what lottery grants have been given to other groups or communities before picking on one particular grant.

and how is it bollocks??? Did you read that story and think "yeah that's nice, that has really pleased me" no you ****ing didn't

What about people like me who have been made redundant through no fault of my own? Where is the white community of essex fund coming from?

UTTER CRAP

Not really, I didn't care either way. I'm sorry you've been made redundant and hope you find a job soon, but a looking for other groups to blame when they've done nothing to you is a bit rich. I'm sure there's hundreds of projects around the country that have provided for the "white community".

Why? If people are here legally why shouldn't they be allowed to stay? I think you need to check back and see what lottery grants have been given to other groups or communities before picking on one particular grant.

I am talking about the farce that is immigration in general also the fact that we have groups over here that just refuse to assimilate into British culture and society, they set themselves apart then then by doing that set a divide.

Not really, I didn't care either way. I'm sorry you've been made redundant and hope you find a job soon, but a looking for other groups to blame when they've done nothing to you is a bit rich. I'm sure there's hundreds of projects around the country that have provided for the "white community".

They have done nothing directly no thats true but my points are....

1. Why are lottery funds being used to help ethnic groups - should money like that be used for help for the general population?
  2. Why do we continue to let people in when we have not got enough jobs for our own people
  3. Why do these people feel the need to put up a barrier and protect there way of life? If that's the case whats wrong with their mother land?

I am talking about the farce that is immigration in general also the fact that we have groups over here that just refuse to assimilate into British culture and society, they set themselves apart then then by doing that set a divide.

A bit like Britons who go to live in Spain and other countries and settle into their own communities and groups without assimilating into the customs of the country, language or culture really?

A bit like Britons who go to live in Spain and other countries and settle into their own communities and groups without assimilating into the customs of the country, language or culture really?

Yeah something I don't agree with - I will never ever without use for force leave Essex I don't want to be anywhere else this is home.

As for moving to Spain many many Brits think the grass was greener on the other side but look how many are coming back

UTTER CRAP

Being made redundant is a bitch, been there 18 months ago but led to much better things so dont look at it as a disaster.

How do you know that the ethnic groups arent unemployed due to reasons that arent their fault ?

Would you have any issue with the Southend Association of Polish people getting funding ? They are white ?

They have done nothing directly no thats true but my points are....

1. Why are lottery funds being used to help ethnic groups - should money like that be used for help for the general population?
  2. Why do we continue to let people in when we have not got enough jobs for our own people
  3. Why do these people feel the need to put up a barrier and protect there way of life? If that's the case whats wrong with their mother land?
*Ethinic groups are part of the general population
*We let people in to boost our economy blah de blah (however I do think we should only allowed skilled workers in who meet criteria like Australia do)
*All groups like to protect their way of life, you are doing it yourself. As to their motherland as with most immigrants they come to a richer land, exactly what we would do if England was as poor as Bangladesh.

Dont get me wrong, I have an issue with immigration (EU immigration more than non-EU), but the people who are here legally are here, and those that have been here a generation or two are as English as you and I whatever their culture.

Resistance is futile.

Being made redundant is a bitch, been there 18 months ago but led to much better things so dont look at it as a disaster.

How do you know that the ethnic groups arent unemployed due to reasons that arent their fault ?

Would you have any issue with the Southend Association of Polish people getting funding ? They are white ?

Yes I would even more so! I have a couple of Polish mates nice guys however being part of the EU we have limited control on that front and they are free to work here due to agreements we have in place with the EU yet Poland is an up and coming country and I think there community's will start to return back, but it would still be the same for me why should any ethnic group get lottery funding when all it will do is stir up controversy.

Also what has being white black brown pink green or blue got to do with it?

Yes I would even more so! I have a couple of Polish mates nice guys however being part of the EU we have limited control on that front and they are free to work here due to agreements we have in place with the EU yet Poland is an up and coming country and I think there community's will start to return back, but it would still be the same for me why should any ethnic group get lottery funding when all it will do is stir up controversy.

We have more control over non-eu immigration, but this has nothing to do with immigration, the community that benefit here are UK citizens, not illegal immigirants.

Every UK citizen here is entitled to the same.

If the issue going forward is should Bangladesh unemployed people be allowed to come over then no they shouldnt and as they are non-eu hopefully its harder to do so now, but this group could be 2nd/3rd generation and may have been born here.

Also what has being white black brown pink green or blue got to do with it?

You brought colour up :

UTTER CRAP

We have more control over non-eu immigration, but this has nothing to do with immigration, the community that benefit here are UK citizens, not illegal immigirants.

Every UK citizen here is entitled to the same.

If the issue going forward is should Bangladesh unemployed people be allowed to come over then no they shouldnt and as they are non-eu hopefully its harder to do so now, but this group could be 2nd/3rd generation and may have been born here.

You brought colour up :

Yeah I was using that as a generic term for local population - quite short sighted of me there

Back