• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I read this story this morning and one fact seems to have been conveniently forgotten - BM says that he would refuse to play for RM again because he (RM) blocked Bilel's move to WH. Ummm, has Mr Mohsni forgotten that it was long before an offer was made by WH that he had already stated that he wouldn't play for us again and refused to return to training? Quite apart from the debate about the cost of the player, which I think is probably a separate issue, the club seem to me to have been more than reasonable about his actions - allowing him to trial and tour with other clubs to allow him to make his move away - of course the club won't let him go for an unreasonable price, no matter what the player may think.

I'm sure Ron has made Bilel's long list of "people I wouldn't give my last rolo to", but to use the language of the playground - Bilel started it.

I think this is right.
BM made it quite clear he would not play for SUFC again BEFORE WHUFC got involved.
I think SUFC went the extra in allowing trials and tours to be attended. But BM is in a dream world if he thinks that SUFC do not have the right to ask the best possible price for a player with potential (which BM has). No player is thinking about his value to the selling club - he is ONLY interested in getting to the next club. So even if SUFC only asked for £5 and W.Ham said "no", then BM would blame SUFC.
BM's own arrogant attitude to Ipswich (in not staying on for another week) nearly blew any deal and he should be really grateful that they are awful this season and so desperate and prepared to give him another chance. If I were him I would keep my head down, concentrate on my football, shut my mouth, and demonstrate to my potential new club that I am not a problem player and keep my views out of the press. It will not enhance his reputation if he starts a slagging match - it will not endear him to Paul Jewell (or whoever else manages the club)

I believe this was about the sum of it:

West Ham offered IRO £150k - GL was working on a deal where we would also get appearance money on top. It was all but done and dusted.....Then RM rolled in and asked for £400k. West Ham ****ed themselves and walked away. The end.

Agreed.

Moshni did not get paid whilst back at home refusing to play - but whilst on trial at West Ham, Ipswich and Birmingham then I understand that he was being paid.

The poster who alluded to Moshni not having the right temperament to be a professional footballer and provided what appears to be sound clinical judgement seemed to have got it spot on in my opinion.

Can we move on now as Moshni is history and leaves with a very tarnished reputation when he could have left as a near legend.

I read this story this morning and one fact seems to have been conveniently forgotten - BM says that he would refuse to play for RM again because he (RM) blocked Bilel's move to WH. Ummm, has Mr Mohsni forgotten that it was long before an offer was made by WH that he had already stated that he wouldn't play for us again and refused to return to training? Quite apart from the debate about the cost of the player, which I think is probably a separate issue, the club seem to me to have been more than reasonable about his actions - allowing him to trial and tour with other clubs to allow him to make his move away - of course the club won't let him go for an unreasonable price, no matter what the player may think.

I'm sure Ron has made Bilel's long list of "people I wouldn't give my last rolo to", but to use the language of the playground - Bilel started it.

Agreed but other things were going on before then.

Agreed.

Moshni did not get paid whilst back at home refusing to play - but whilst on trial at West Ham, Ipswich and Birmingham then I understand that he was being paid.

The poster who alluded to Moshni not having the right temperament to be a professional footballer and provided what appears to be sound clinical judgement seemed to have got it spot on in my opinion.

Can we move on now as Moshni is history and leaves with a very tarnished reputation when he could have left as a near legend.

If he proves himself in higher echelons his temperament would not be seen as problem. The fact there was more to the saga here than meets the eye, other than the "Ron didn't let me sign for West Ham" comments was why he was temperemtal here and why its best he has now gone.

Agreed but other things were going on before then.

Absolutely not disputing this, the other issues have been well-documented, I was just saying that BM is justifying his behaviour by quoting an incident that happened long after he had decided to pull the plug on the club. I really liked BM (still do, TBH), but he's got this whole sorry affair 100% wrong.

**** BM, he a ****. Same goes for Hall, he would have gone if he did agree personal term with Blackpool, but he got too greedy and turned them down.

150k was not enough- if GL was close to agreeing that, RM found out and said no way then perhaps it was not well handed internally - and perhaps if GL had gone to RM for his view on the offer who knows. May be that the fact that GL was even considering 150k led to RM questioning GL judgement and vice versa (given what subsequenrly happened). Who knows. But a premiership club should expect to pay more than 150k for anyone they had the slightest intention of putting anywhere near the first team. We probably did Bilel a favour. Just like in the end we did RH a favour by rejecting the similarly derisory 100k from Peterborough.

The bias opinions on this board are evident.

As soon as a player leaves the club it's all their fault and their name is mud.

None of the blame goes on the guy who has upset a whole host of previous players/staff and spouted b*llsh*t?

I'm not sticking up for Hall or Moshni because they were well in the wrong too.

I just find it a disgrace we have a man with no honour to keeping to his word or the decency of normal human being in charge.

How many players have left with part of the reason down to him?

150k down - don't ignore the fact that there would have been many add ons (just like with the Kane deal) add to the fact that he is in the last year of his contract and that his off field behaviour clearly marks him out as damaged goods.

Mohsni seemed to me to be a prima donna as a player and he thought he was better than he actually was and tried when he could be bothered - ie par for the course for many footballers now; just even more so!

A team works best when it is a team of people who work really hard for each other (rather than themselves) and are better than the sum of their parts - just like the last time we got out of this division when we had people like Carl Pettefer who worked damn hard for the team, but there were plenty others like him in that team. Everton in the mid-80s were similar - no clear stars, but lots of decent players working hard as a team.

The bias opinions on this board are evident.

None of the blame goes on the guy who has upset a whole host of previous players/staff and spouted b*llsh*t?

I'm not sticking up for Hall or Moshni because they were well in the wrong too.

I just find it a disgrace we have a man with no honour to keeping to his word or the decency of normal human being in charge.

How many players have left with part of the reason down to him?

Equally, I'd like to know what happened when we signed Eastwood from Grays. What happened then?

Not sure I agree with that as the only times I have seen that happen that spring readily to mind are Bailey, Hall and Moshni.

I have not seen anyone slate Grant or Gower for example.

And as for slagging off that loathsome individual who runs our club, then surely there has been plenty of evidence of that happening with the players that left having not been paid.

Imho - whilst accepting that there are two sides to every argument, the behaviour of Hall and Moshni is really poor.

Equally, I'd like to know what happened when we signed Eastwood from Grays. What happened then?

The story goes that Ron and Micky Westwood their chaiman/owner who is also no paragon of virtue, agreed a fee including a sell-on clause. Westwood then wanted to change the terms and the contract was drawn up with his revised terms but the sell-on clause omitted. Years later when he moves on, Grays mutter darkly about us not honouring a sell-on agreement.

That may or may not be true, like just about everything else on this thread.

Mohsni has been given more support by our club than he's deserved. His ****** attitude has been overlooked on repeated occasions because he's got raw talent. With that considered, he should shut his mouth and show some respect. He's still our player, and presumably to get a contract at Ipswich, 1) he needs to behave for 3 months and 2) Jewell needs to keep his job. Can you really see either happening? Bilel will be back in Jan.

Bilel sounds like a stroppy teenager again. When it comes down to it, we gave him a chance, he signed a contract and then he doesn't feel the need to honour it. Lets hope he does well for 3 months, we get a hefty fee and after that I don't really give two hoots about how his career goes.

If Bilel was under the impression that he'd be sold as soon as a top flight club put in a bid, could it be he told West Ham this? Could explain why they offered just £150k, they may have thought from Bilel that there was a clause in the contract

I'm sorry but this attitude of today's footballer - what gives the player the right to judge what is silly money to the club that he wishes to leave ! Leave the RM issue to one side at the moment, but BM comes across yet again as some big time f-ing Charlie that forgets where he was playing 3 years !

People on here will side with BM because he is blaming RM - which is easy to do - but come on the player that wants to leave a club shouldn't have a say in the selling price !

Sorry BM but I wash my hands with you !

My god I miss the attitude and spirit of the Olympians !!

UTB's

Even those olympians who purposely lost badminton matches and the one who just sat down and sulked because she didn't agree with the decision of her fencing match. There are idiots in every sport.

Even those olympians who purposely lost badminton matches and the one who just sat down and sulked because she didn't agree with the decision of her fencing match. There are idiots in every sport.

I meant the English Olympians - who actually would havemost likely still lost to the badminton players trying to lose the match !

Back