• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apart from more people sitting in the South than the North, and of course the South having reserved seating season tickets while the North doesn't, it obviously makes perfect sense to accommodate what people in the North want rather than those in the South.

without it we got to the Championship, with it, we have been stuck in league 2 for 2 seasons....

Well under David Webb we had the North Bank... ( good atmosphere )

Honest it if was not for Steve Tilson getting good players in, I can recall clearly we could have been 4.0 up Roots Hall and the place l was like a morgue... no real singing stands at all ... without the North Bank Southend Manor make more noise than us old boys in the East Stand

Apart from more people sitting in the South than the North, and of course the South having reserved seating season tickets while the North doesn't, it obviously makes perfect sense to accommodate what people in the North want rather than those in the South.

I couldn't disagree more (apart from the number of Southend fans in each end). As far as I know we dont need to employ as many stewards to keep Southend fans apart as we would between home/away fans?

If I were a STH in the South and the stand was closed , then I would be hacked off too , I understand the grievance.
But if the club feels that it makes economic sense to close one area , then we should support that as being a sensible action.
At least they appear to be looking at how they can potentially save some money.
I also think the vocal support from the NB has been very good this season and would be a pity to lose that.
If the NB needs to be open for away fans ( which I guess it does ) , then surely it can also accomodate home fans too , although I am sure there are stipulated segregation procedures to take into account.

I know its not exactly a glamour tie, but reduced prices for a Saturday FA cup game should see a higher turnout than reduced prices for a midweek evening JPT game, so all stands should be open.

With it we got into the then old division 2 without it we got back to back relegations from 1996-1998

Indeed, so in summary, there is little corrolation between having the North Bank and success or vise versa

and on that basis also with players backing it publicly its better to have it then not

Im sure they also like to have fans in the South stand too.

I just dont see why the south stand closing saves any money whereas the North requires security etc

If it's starting for FA Cup matches where prices are cheap then how long until stands aren't open for the less glamourous league matches?

Maybe the club are trying to get us used to not having fans on certain sides of the ground ahead of the move to a three sided Fossets Farm :winking:

If it's starting for FA Cup matches where prices are cheap then how long until stands aren't open for the less glamourous league matches?

Maybe the club are trying to get us used to not having fans on certain sides of the ground ahead of the move to a three sided Fossets Farm :winking:

Haha, think you might have a point there.

Are we moving ?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Thorpe Groyney

I couldn't disagree more (apart from the number of Southend fans in each end). As far as I know we dont need to employ as many stewards to keep Southend fans apart as we would between home/away fans?

Read Groyney's post again, geoffmundo, but this time bear in mind he is the master of the ironic post...

Back