• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hate to add to the general gloom on here, but this is quite depressing. How can you close stands for a Saturday FA Cup game? Personally, I love cup games, and I actually think that this will ensure a lower crowd. Why should anyone take it seriously if the club don't? I'm now considering whether my 160 mile round trip is actually worth it this time.

Oh, and if the club actually read this...along with many others on here, I catch up with my friends of many years at games, so do us a favour. Turn the poxy music down in the west stand so that we can hear ourselves speak.

Enough mithering. Up the Blues.

I don't see why they should open more stands, when they can't sell half a stand, let alone all of one! It's basic marketing...
Also North Bank makes no difference, if it had such an amazing impact, we'd have won the play offs last year... Saying that, I do watch the games in North Bank!

I don't see why they should open more stands, when they can't sell half a stand, let alone all of one! It's basic marketing...
Also North Bank makes no difference, if it had such an amazing impact, we'd have won the play offs last year... Saying that, I do watch the games in North Bank!

Using that logic we should never open more than 2 stands.

JPT games get 2-2.8k and dont warrant the south stand opening.

The FA cup is a different matter. I think they are making a mistake.

I reckon they will fill the east and west then have to open the south. I have bought 2 tickets in the east and I asked the TO if they did open the south can I move to my seaso seat and apparently I can....we shall see

I can understand this must be frustrating for STH but tbh I can see why they do it. Let's face it, you could probably just open the East and West stand and there would still be seats left, and that's just for league games. It's a way to save a bit of extra money.

Our ground holds about 12,500. The away team are entitled to 15% of the tickets available. Let's assume that, with all stands open, 11,500 seats are available (1,000 for segregation, freebies etc) then Stockport would be entitled to 1,725 tickets. If we close the South Stand and lose 2,500 seats then Stockport are only entitled to 15% of 10,000, or 1,500 seats.

This is a cunnng plan to reduce the number of away fans at the game, whilst making 100% sure all Southend Fans can be accomodated. It also saves money on stewards, security staff, etc. It's a win win!

Our ground holds about 12,500. The away team are entitled to 15% of the tickets available. Let's assume that, with all stands open, 11,500 seats are available (1,000 for segregation, freebies etc) then Stockport would be entitled to 1,725 tickets. If we close the South Stand and lose 2,500 seats then Stockport are only entitled to 15% of 10,000, or 1,500 seats.

This is a cunnng plan to reduce the number of away fans at the game, whilst making 100% sure all Southend Fans can be accomodated. It also saves money on stewards, security staff, etc. It's a win win!

Reduces the away fans by 225. The North Bank will still be opened for them. How does it save money? I doubt they will bring anywhere near that anyway

Reduces the away fans by 225. The North Bank will still be opened for them. How does it save money? I doubt they will bring anywhere near that anyway
stockport even for the FA cup you are looking at no more than 400 fans making the trip even at £10

Having to segregate a stand full of opposing fans is surely one of the most accutely costly sides of stewarding/policing no?

Having to segregate a stand full of opposing fans is surely one of the most accutely costly sides of stewarding/policing no?

1. You can offer 1500 or 1725 tickets, they won't bring anywhere that many

2. Do you really think there will be a massive difference in segregation of fans whether they were to bring 1500 or 1725?

1. You can offer 1500 or 1725 tickets, they won't bring anywhere that many

2. Do you really think there will be a massive difference in segregation of fans whether they were to bring 1500 or 1725?

sorry, i mis-read what you wrote. I thought you meant in terms of keeping it open for home fans, my bad

Back