• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which Part?

Anyone invloved within the non league football circles knows that Stimson (sure it was him) had to really sell the idea of Eastwood being giving a chance at Southend, it is also common knowledge within the football circles that Tilson didn't fancy Freddy initially.

Also, what is your take on Tilly misjudging the others but then opting to sign some absolute stinkers in his regime.

I only have two words to say, "Kightly"

I have one word, "Lee Barnard". :smile:

I'll get shot down as per usual, but Tilly didn't really have a good eye for a player in my opinion.

Look at the likes of Kightly, Hooper, Benson, Holmes who were all deemed not good enough but have gone on to good things.

Also, the whole Freddy signing was pure luck, Tilly didn't fancy Freddy either and had to be persuaded to take a gamble on him.

He signed some stinkers, he signed some good players. Surely thats normal.

Just look at Francis, Barnard, Bailey etc.

Plenty of good players came though the squad with Tilly in charge.

If he misjudged his quality then that is shocking.

perhaps he misjudged the fact that Kightly would fill out and become a man and with that add strength, pace and power to his already skilful game.

then he should have loaned him out for a year to monitor his progress.

Not if he didn't think the skinny rake would get any bigger.

But given his age, it may have made some sense. Many top managers have made errors of judgement. He isn't alone.

If he misjudged his quality then that is shocking.

perhaps he misjudged the fact that Kightly would fill out and become a man and with that add strength, pace and power to his already skilful game.

Kightly is also on record as saying that being moved on gave him the kick and motivation that he needed. If had stayed here we amy still have not seen the best of him

Not if he didn't think the skinny rake would get any bigger.

But given his age, it may have made some sense. Many top managers have made errors of judgement. He isn't alone.

perhaps someone should have spotted that his diet was crap....I Understand that at grays they worked out that he wasn't eating breakfast and therefore did not have the energy to train properly. Sorted his diet out and bingo ...

perhaps someone should have spotted that his diet was crap....I Understand that at grays they worked out that he wasn't eating breakfast and therefore did not have the energy to train properly. Sorted his diet out and bingo ...

I love breakfast me , absolutely love it !

Think that is it now. He won't play for Southend United, such a shame always nice for fans to be able to play for their club. Scotty Forbes being my favourite ;)

Benson would just have turned out to be another expensive disappointment.

Benson would just have turned out to be another expensive disappointment.

Oh my, I hope this turns out to be the case so far as Cheltenham are concerned and in particular on 12 Feb. I reckon he will give our centre-backs a real examination. Bets on first scorer that night?

Doesn't surprise but did anyone expect different. Our best pairing is clearly Brit and Tomlin and with Barry Corr offering a Plan B, who was PS going to leave out to accomodate Benson ? However I am fully expecting Benson to score against us on the 12th !!!

Doesn't surprise but did anyone expect different. Our best pairing is clearly Brit and Tomlin and with Barry Corr offering a Plan B, who was PS going to leave out to accomodate Benson?

Exactly the point I made yesterday, would have been a waste of a hefty wage that could have been better spent elsewhere (not that I'm questioning Benson, he's a very good player for this level).

I think your find any players we do get in will be under 21 and youth loans ... I feel an embargo again

I think your find any players we do get in will be under 21 and youth loans ... I feel an embargo again

Eat something funny last night?

Hopefully we will get a couple in, and Sturrock might be going with experienced players based on the rejected bid for Millwall Racon.

Back