• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have just had a text from a very proud father (D.O.L.L) who has confirmed that Southend and Englands future number one Lucky Luca has been given yet another year by SUFC.

This is a huge achievement for Luca as a few of his team mates have been released and it shows the hard work and dedication that Luca has shown. Luca is blue to the core and a really top young man as well and I for one would like to say how proud of him I am.

Luca young man - Well done. :thumbsup:

Dave

PS - In other news Little Dan that plays central defence and scored the best header I personally have ever seen has also been given another year. Again cracking lad - well done mate.

Well done Luca, looking forward to seeing him make the move up the ladder with Southend!

Well done! Keeping working hard and you will achieve your goals :thumbsup:

Well done Luca and Dan so pleased for you both and your Dads and your families. Personally I would like nothing better than see a few local lads make it to the first team. "Southend and we're proud of it".

Now then Luca how about improving your predictions?

DoDtS

As long as the manager chooses age and experience over youth and quality, Lucky Luca will never be Southends number One.

Great goalie he is though

Would warm the cockles of my heart to be able to read how some of Southends home grown lads were playing so well in the first team and helping our team up the ladder,much the same as Crewe supporters must feel so proud of theirs.

He has got to get in the queue behind three other lads who have, or are, products of the youth set up at Southend.................... I give you Dan Bentley, Luke Chambers and Ted Smith, all with the potential to make the 1st team if given the chance by the Southend management.:thumbsup:

As long as the manager chooses age and experience over youth and quality, Lucky Luca will never be Southends number One.

Great goalie he is though

Oh you are ****ing cheerful aren't you, how about congratulating the kids for a great achievement! It's a ruthless business out there and far more get let go than kept on!
Well done lads!

He has got to get in the queue behind three other lads who have, or are, products of the youth set up at Southend.................... I give you Dan Bentley, Luke Chambers and Ted Smith, all with the potential to make the 1st team if given the chance by the Southend management.:thumbsup:

The hard part at this stage is being kept on. Give em credit for that at least! Getting past the likes of Bentley, Chambers and Smith are hurdles further up the road, he is only 12/13. Anyway what's to say those hurdles will always be there. Isn't Bentley on his final year of a contract??? Word is he is being looked at by bigger clubs.

Oh you are ****ing cheerful aren't you, how about congratulating the kids for a great achievement! It's a ruthless business out there and far more get let go than kept on!
Well done lads!

He is a great goalie, I have seen that first hand. I'm sure he is aiming much higher than Southend too.

If he stays at Southend, couple of tips .........

- Come for crosses
- Dont ever come on the Forum after a defeat, or draw, or even if we won 9-1 and the goal that was conceeded was his fault, regardless if he saved 8 penalties

- Come for crosses
- Dont ever come on the Forum after a defeat, or draw, or even if we won 9-1 and the goal that was conceeded was his fault, regardless if he saved 8 penalties

Would add go down the pub with the fans, but think he might be a bit too young for that :winking:

- Come for crosses

In addition don't come on here even if you have completed 20 worldly saves,Scored from a drop kick and in the final seconds you receive a back pass and suddenly surge up the pitch beating one man after another and score with a 30 yarder .

That's great news, congratulations Luca & Dan :clap:another excellent achievement by you both. Top Lads :happy:

Already said well done to Lucky Luca and his Dad but excellent news for him and Dan.

Well done boys :happy:

Just adding my conratulations and put in my two pence worth in this advice column:

Ignore any negativity you may read on here, just do what your manager and coach tell you.:winking:

Back