• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

9/11 true or false !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here:smile:
Are you posting on your phone from WH Smith's ? Might as well pick up some aviation mags while you're getting the dictionary, I hear there's an interesting article in one of them this week about a young pacey hungry pilot that's just got a big money move to Emirates, good signing on fee plus appearance money :smile:

I would say reasonably easy, because you're assuming the idiot knew what he was doing. He was probably not completely in control when he was performing the manoeuvre, and was doing it without really knowing.

That's just it though, the manouvers have been labelled as almost impossible, for experienced pilots, never mind someone who failed the basic control test in a much smaller plane, 3 weeks prior. That, IMO, makes it hard to comprehend him performing such a complicated manouvre in the first place. Now of course there's a possibility he got lucky & blagged his way through the manouvers (twice) but it seems implausible to me. Consider all the factors at the time of him taking the controls, the noise, the adrenaline, the stress, the pressure, the stability of the aircraft, the location of the aircraft in the sky, trying to turn off the transponder, getting to grips with the controls. For a man who couldn't safely control a Cessna, he'd have to of been incredibly lucky to pull this off.

You're also assuming he did it in a way that a normal pilot would, which is to ensure the safety and comfort of the people on board. This idiot couldn't give two hoots about those things. You're also assuming he didn't have the gun to the head of the pilot and was forcing him to make the manoeuvre, with the intention of taking over afterwards.

There were no guns involved with any hijackers, per the Commission Report. Box cutters (Stanley Knives) and homemade/fake bombs, were used. Again, it's hard to comprehend that the pilot of AA77, a 6"4 former marine, would be so easily removed from the cockpit by a man/men, standing 5"5-5"7 tall, wielding box cutters.

As I said before, the basic controls on a airliner are the same as on a Cessna and any trainer. When I had an hour lesson in a 737 simulator I was amazed at how easy it was to fly. (I even managed a pretty good attempt at landing at Insbruck - which is considered one of the most dangerous landings around, so much so only captains, and not first officers, are allowed to carry it out in real life). Obviously it's all the other stuff that makes them difficult, such as the auto pilot (which is unbelievably difficult to get your head around). Maintaining course is difficult if you're doing it on instruments and have never used them before. It is also difficult to work out the amount of fuel on board, and keep tabs on it. But this guy wouldn't have been doing any of that, he would have just pointed the nose at the target and hoped to keep in on course with the basic controls, and without any thought for the people in the back.

You say about maintain course, well first of all, he had to ascertain where abouts he was in the sky, exactly. When you're up in a plane on a normal day, it's not exactly easy to pinpoint where you are by looking out of the window. So he'd have to of sussed that out, then plotted a course for Virginia, and try & stick as close to it as possible. We know he flew for at least 40 minutes, unguided & unattended, so he must have been covering a fair distance. Of course he wouldn't care about the fuel or people in the back too much, but he would have cared about trying to stay on course. Which, as mentioned, he had to change twice.

Im not trying to shoehorn in any actual conspiracy atm. I'm just trying to highlight the discrepencies, anomalies, contradiction & down right lies associated to the official report.

I have always wondered how/why they were not overpowered by passengers, a stanley knife is not that lethal

Are you posting on your phone from WH Smith's ? Might as well pick up some aviation mags while you're getting the dictionary, I hear there's an interesting article in one of them this week about a young pacey hungry pilot that's just got a big money move to Emirates, good signing on fee plus appearance money :smile:

No I am off to the same place where Londonblue attained his flying license..Peter Pan's playground:winking:

But faced with a bomb and a couple of rabid hijackers you might as well have a go surely ? Easy to say I suppose but I deffo would not just sit around doing nothing.

That's exactly what Tom Beamer and others did on Flight 93 which is why is didn't reach it's intended target. Who knows where it was meant to hit but Tom and the passengers on that flight gave their lives to save others

Interesting snippet that should make us all proud of these men and women:

http://old.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010916phonecallnat3p3.asp

But faced with a bomb and a couple of rabid hijackers you might as well have a go surely ? Easy to say I suppose but I deffo would not just sit around doing nothing.

No certainly not, you attack a bomb carrier you all die.

Dont forget that when this happened a hijacking was generally expected to end with a runway siege. Most people would just sit tight and wait.

Knowing they were going to be flown into a building would have changed that outlook, hence they tried to stop it.

I hope everyone is wearing their tin foil hats today....

Funny you mention this bit actually, because it's what most people, especially the Americans, bring up everytime someone dares to question the official story. Apparently anyone who doesn't agree with the propsed story of events, is labelled a conspiracy theorist that wears tin foil hats and believes that shape shifting aliens are secretly running the World's Governments. Intriguing. However, let me point this out. The only conspiracy theory that can't be denied, is the one perpetrated by G Bush & his cohorts. The US invasion of Iraq & Afghanistan. They led with the idea that they supposedly on the tail of Bin Laden, who was hiding there aswell as hunting for WMD's.

The problem with that is, there was still no actual proof that Bin Laden was involved in 9/11. And secondly, the UN inspection team, didnt find any WMD's. So what were the legal/just reasons for invading Iraq?

Funny you mention this bit actually, because it's what most people, especially the Americans, bring up everytime someone dares to question the official story. Apparently anyone who doesn't agree with the propsed story of events, is labelled a conspiracy theorist that wears tin foil hats and believes that shape shifting aliens are secretly running the World's Governments. Intriguing. However, let me point this out. The only conspiracy theory that can't be denied, is the one perpetrated by G Bush & his cohorts. The US invasion of Iraq & Afghanistan. They led with the idea that they supposedly on the tail of Bin Laden, who was hiding there aswell as hunting for WMD's.

The problem with that is, there was still no actual proof that Bin Laden was involved in 9/11. And secondly, the UN inspection team, didnt find any WMD's. So what were the legal/just reasons for invading Iraq?
one word OIL, corrupt politicians in bed with the oil companies is the only reason I can come up with, not legal but just in their eyes

On this rare ocassion we agree

They say football is more important than life or death but on this occasion it doesn't. These people did the bravest thing and person can do and I will respect them forever for that. Football and the petty arguments surrounding it mean nothing compared to this.

That's exactly what Tom Beamer and others did on Flight 93 which is why is didn't reach it's intended target. Who knows where it was meant to hit but Tom and the passengers on that flight gave their lives to save others

Interesting snippet that should make us all proud of these men and women:

http://old.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010916phonecallnat3p3.asp

The first responders to the crash site included a police chief ,reporter,coroner,as well as ordinary civilians,They all said the same thing which was "that was not a plane crash ' all they discovered was thousands of tiny fragments and fully intact passports,driving licenses and the Koran which were all owned by the terrorists!

The black boxes which I understand are on the same section as the aircraft yet they were found 13ft in depth apart which led many to believe even aviation experts they were actually placed there poorly.

So basically the plane did hit the Pentagon then, whether you believe he was capable of doing it or not?

Well Something hit. But I'm won't rule out any possible scenario, within reason. Again, I'm just questioning the official narrative, as what we're told, especially regarding AA77, doesn't add up. Of course all it would take is the CIA to reveal 1 clear video of AA77 hitting, but they chose to disclose grainy, unclear feeds instead.

They say football is more important than life or death but on this occasion it doesn't. These people did the bravest thing and person can do and I will respect them forever for that. Football and the petty arguments surrounding it mean nothing compared to this.
My son went to serve in Afghan last year, thankfully back safely but the range of thoughts that go through your mind as a parent are mind boggling, on one hand it scares you ****less, on the other you feel immensely proud they are doing something to help rid the world of scum then about a million other thoughts in between.

Sadly 9/11 will not be the last act like this the world ever sees, we all criticise politicians but what the answer is I don't know.

The first responders to the crash site included a police chief ,reporter,coroner,as well as ordinary civilians,They all said the same thing which was "that was not a plane crash ' all they discovered was thousands of tiny fragments and fully intact passports,driving licenses and the Koran which were all owned by the terrorists!

The black boxes which I understand are on the same section as the aircraft yet they were found 13ft in depth apart which led many to believe even aviation experts they were actually placed there poorly.

Blimey, I didn't realise the average policeman the general public were all members of the NTSB.

Care to answer any of my questions yet or are they too complicated for you, and you actually can't answer them?

Blimey, I didn't realise the average policeman the general public were all members of the NTSB.

Care to answer any of my questions yet or are they too complicated for you, and you actually can't answer them?

Too complicated Biggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back