• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That Elton John song would be brilliant.

And I guess thats why they call us the blues.
WE JUST DONT KNOW HOW
We dont know how to lose.
Shrimpers, Forever.
Blue boys til we die.
Southend United.
Bring home the three points.
And I guess thats why they call us the Blues.

(Be gentle)

A section of us on the Northbank used to do a version of Singin the Blues (Guy Mitchell) back in the early 80's

Problem was it during pretty depressing times

I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When I've just seen my Southend lose
Oh Rubins
you've got me singing the Blues.

We have this discussion every so often about having a 'club song'. a) I don't see why we need one, most lower league clubs don't and we have plenty of chants b) You can't just pick a random song with no connection to the club and expect it to become the club's anthem

I'm Blue,
bada bee bada boooow
bada be
bada booow,
bada beeee bada boooowwww

Should not be the club song under any circumstances.

didnt see this just said the same thing, makes so much sense!!!!! [video=youtube;FO5-w3540H8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO5-w3540H8[/video]
Not a bad shout, a bit slow but decent lyrics. As good as any other suggestion so far in my book.

if we want a connection to Essex, and we want something that everyone will join with (east stand I mean you)
then perhaps Depeche Mode

Enjoy the Silence

Apologies East stand - very unfair as the noise levels have gone up massively in recent games

Actually didn't we sing 'Just cant get enough' with some words changed earlier in the season ?

if we want a connection to Essex, and we want something that everyone will join with (east stand I mean you)
then perhaps Depeche Mode

Enjoy the Silence

Apologies East stand - very unfair as the noise levels have gone up massively in recent games

Actually didn't we sing 'Just cant get enough' with some words changed earlier in the season ?
Bradford use Depeche Mode as goal music - sounds wrong to hear for a goal against us.

Mighty Wah for me (they extended their name after John Peel stated 'and that was the mighty Wah)

I think having a club anthem is a great idea, especially if it's unique to us and no other club uses it. Just can't see 'Sweet Caroline', for what reason? Man City have Blue Moon because it's got the word blue in it, YNWA is a Mersey band. It needs to either have an Essex connection or mention blue (or be easily adapted to), to feel relevant and really catch on.

Surprised no-one has mentioned 'Hey Jude' which was used before games, got everyone singing, and still get sung occasionally even though it's not played over the PA.

Why not have a 'Battle of the Club Anthems' to create a shortlist of 3-5 songs then take it to the Club or Echo to get a wider vote so it's something genuinely chosen by the fans, then people would have a real feeling over ownership of it?

Need to have a think regarding Essex acts, but how about Dr Feelgood 'She Does It Right' (changed to 'We Do It Right')?

Bit slow, but speed it up and change the title to 'Blue Shirt'.... :smiles:

[video]https://youtu.be/YZrOZBDFiMg[/video]

Drastic™;1752677 said:
I think having a club anthem is a great idea, especially if it's unique to us and no other club uses it. Just can't see 'Sweet Caroline', for what reason? Man City have Blue Moon because it's got the word blue in it, YNWA is a Mersey band. It needs to either have an Essex connection or mention blue (or be easily adapted to), to feel relevant and really catch on.

Surprised no-one has mentioned 'Hey Jude' which was used before games, got everyone singing, and still get sung occasionally even though it's not played over the PA.

Why not have a 'Battle of the Club Anthems' to create a shortlist of 3-5 songs then take it to the Club or Echo to get a wider vote so it's something genuinely chosen by the fans, then people would have a real feeling over ownership of it?

Need to have a think regarding Essex acts, but how about Dr Feelgood 'She Does It Right' (changed to 'We Do It Right')?

Nice idea but hardly no one in the ground would have heard of Dr Feelgood never mind the song.

A section of us on the Northbank used to do a version of Singin the Blues (Guy Mitchell) back in the early 80's

Problem was it during pretty depressing times

I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When I've just seen my Southend lose
Oh Rubins
you've got me singing the Blues.

Late sixties /early seventies seem to remember 'young girl ' by Gary Puckett and the union gap being sung

Not advocating it as our anthem, but would sound great sung by 1000s of fans!
also, just the one line in the chorus can be changed to:
"Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles to see Southend score"

I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles to see Tes Bramble score
Lala lalalalalala

You may have a point on this one looking at the other lyrics, they seem to run true. PS would like it too.

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you
And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
I'll pass almost every penny on to you

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home to you
And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you

When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man whose lonely without you
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time when I'm with you.

Not advocating it as our anthem, but would sound great sung by 1000s of fans!
also, just the one line in the chorus can be changed to:
"Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles to see Southend score"

If it could be anything like this, which The Hibs fans sing it would be epic.....This video always makes the hairs on my neck stand up.. Brilliant.

[video=youtube;sPXCNwBu_t8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8[/video]

Back