• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I love Blue and it would be a far better song for us than Sweet Caroline, which while a great tune has zilch connection with SUFC whatsoever.

Anyway you guys can suggest songs till your all blue in the face but being out there and making it happen is a totally different animal so I am afraid peeps your going to need to be active if you want results
If you can get them singing the Blind Date theme tune you can get them singing anything...

Blue. Not a bad song, but scarcely suitable for singing on the terraces. Ideal for those long motorway journeys to away games though....

Another northern sky
another motorway parade
another day like this
whatever will be will be
and we will be in Shrewsbury (do I have to go)

Do I have to go
Could I ever stay away
And you never know
Tonight our luck could change
And we'll be flying all the way (going all the way)
A late point and I'll be laughing
And Saturday won't seem so bleak
With you, Blue

Ever a stepping stone
Someone's Mickey Mouse affair
We're so unfashionable
But I'm not with you for your stylish hair
Or the seaside air (if we ever get there)
Tell me we've acquired a striker (Stanley)
And a lucrative sponsorship came through (on a free)
Will you, Blue
Can we not buy someone famous
And pull a crowd we can't contain at all
All true, Blue

Maybe we'll never tread the grass that grows around your feet
And you let us in for waiting tables like we live to feed
And not to eat (but we get a seat)
Three points and the living's easy
And every day's a Saturday
With you, true Blue
Saturday

Alison Moyet, for all her merits, isn't very anthemic.

There was a song we apparently use to sing on the North Bank in the 60s that I've never heard another team sing. It's obviously not that memorable as I can't remember who the band was.

Londonblue kicked this off after seeing the video of the team in the Wembley dressing room, and they obviously had an affinity for it given they were giving it very large. However, and there is always a however, getting folk to sign up to a club anthem will always end in tears on here because we all have different tastes. So I'm not sure where that leaves 'Sweet Caroline' apart from 36 'likes' currently. What I would really like to know is why Sweet Caroline found its way into the dressing room. Does anyone have an inside contact that could tell us more?

A random love song by an ageing American with no connection with football let alone Southend ? Why ... because everyone knows the words (or at least two of them) ?

Blue Moon was sung by the Marcels, an American group, and is sung at every home game by Man City. I don't recall the Marcels being big on football either but a great song to get everyone going. Sweet Caroline is not a bad option.

You need a song with a memorable and sing along chorus.

How about Elton John's "I guess that's why they call it (us) the Blues" ?

When we won promotion in Cardiff they played a song during the celebrations. A large proportion of our supporters joined in with Peter Kaye that day.
"is this the way to Amarillo"
every time i hear that tune it reminds me of promotion.

Favourite song and a modern classics has to be One day like this by the brilliant Elbow.
Just play it over and over, brilliant,
I can only think it must be luv!
:happy::happy::happy:

When we had a discussion about songs/tunes from the stand some years ago, the Banana Splits theme was pretty popular for some.

Seems to me if we wanted an anthem then the only one i could think off would be " stand by me " cant think of the name of the woman who sings it
. after all we have stood by SUFC even in their darkest hour .:loyalsupporter:

Back