• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supa Shrimpa

Director⭐
I thought the guys at the back of the North Stand (TBV, I assume) were absolutely fantastic yesterday. They had a wide variety of songs that was constant throughout the whole 90 mins. I was in E1 and the majority of the songs we could hear loud and clear, which enabled us to join in, and create some great noise from the Southend faithful. I had shrimpers (young and old) singing and dancing around me. Well done everyone. A brilliant experience !

Bloody hell. Positivity on shrimperzone. Cracking day and atmosphere....that's what Derby days are all about. Short little trip home with 3 points in your pocket.

Think the goal came at the perfect time to get the support going again after a fairly dull first 45, the guys at the back of the stand were class and the support as a whole was excellent.

Officially 2268 out of a total of 9222 but of course you probably had another 6 in the home ends :winking:

Edit............ You beat me to it SK!

I'm on the ball this morning, mate. It is quite lonely down here in the shed, though ! (was supposed to be at her sisters for Boxing Day ! :blush:)

Yes - we should be positive about our support - not just the fans that consider themselves "true blues" but everyone else that comes away from games with a sore throat and hands.

I don't care if you go to one game a season or 40+ a season ...... just as long as you get behind the team. :thumbsup:

Now lets do it again tomorrow around the 3 sides of the ground that will be filled with home supporters.

Don't worry about the away end as no one likes them.

Think our away support this season has been fantastic. I've attended quite a few but not all, but the ones I have attended the support has been first class and in good numbers.

My away record this season is 3 draws and two wins!
I love an away day - win, lose or draw.
I can put aside and dismiss the foul mouthed minority of bell-ends & recognise the times that support songs and the like DO help the team keep to the task on the pitch.
It isn't perfect support AND it could be better BUT there aren't better travelling fans (in general) anywhere in the leagues.
And the Coach teams (Trust and Wino) DO us all a GREAT service.

My away record this season is 3 draws and two wins!
I love an away day - win, lose or draw.
I can put aside and dismiss the foul mouthed minority of bell-ends & recognise the times that support songs and the like DO help the team keep to the task on the pitch.
It isn't perfect support AND it could be better BUT there aren't better travelling fans (in general) anywhere in the leagues.
And the Coach teams (Trust and Wino) DO us all a GREAT service.

Am toying with coming down tomorrow, what's your home record like?

I find that if you turn them inside out, you get another 6 weeks out of them.

Spot on.

I always think of it this way. It's rather like throwing pasta against a wall to see if it's cooked.

Pasta: if it sticks it's ready to eat.

Pants: if they stick (as GHG states) turn them inside out and wear them for another 6 weeks, although if your careful i find you can push it to 2 months.

Back