• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Absolutely dreadful! It sums up Brown's selection perfectly that our best two performers by far, Worrall and Deegan ,had to wait to come off the bench ! One or two could /should? be on their way out Piggott,obviously,Barrett's legs have gone,Atkinson never contributes much and Bentley if anyone will still pay decent money for him.QPR might-I saw Robert Green last night !

Sent from my iPad

On the last 2 games young Joe is the player to stay and Mooney to go, obviously?:angry:

I just listened to PB on the radio, he doesn't sound happy at all. He stated that changes need to be made and he'll bring in at least 3 more faces...
I reckon we're looking at a big shake up and a lot of players going out......

Knee jerk lip-service, only very recently he was saying how much he rated/respected this group.....

...it'll have to be the end of Jan, because they'll need to be some going out before we can get some in

We need to get Bolger back in to win some headers at the back, and he has some pace, try him alongside Thompson (I know they are both right footed but many teams do that)
Get some thrust in the middle, play Deegs with Lenny, Wozza, Maccy (or Hurst)
Payne
Hunt.
An away game may be just what is needed to steady the ship. Onwards and UTB!

... From the reports I have read you lost the game in midfield and failed to adequately cope with Rovers forward line...

Coppinger, Grant & Keegan ran the show, Les.

In comparison, we played three defensive minded midfield players who can't pick a pass out.

Evina at left-back was terrific going forward, whereas our full backs were not.

... and you guys knew how to work on a set-piece .. Another area we are clueless at.

Player for player, there probably isn't a huge amount of difference, but we had so many players off their game today and a bizarre set-up of Rea, Leonard and Atkinson in the defensive part of the diamond.

I'll always back PB in most instances, but man alive that was a formation scared of shipping goals, rather than playing for a win.

Two players who were massively disappointing today were Mooney and Bentley.

Payne was the only one to come out of today with anything like a pat on the back.

All in all - dire!

Donny were a decent side (and well done too to their reasonable and vocal following) but we were severely lacking. Question - how many other teams fielded the same 10 players in all three fixtures this past week (indeed the only one that missed out, Worral, looked the liveliest player on the pitch when he came on).

Knee jerk lip-service, only very recently he was saying how much he rated/respected this group.....

After a midweek friendly game some time ago though, he also said that it really showed who did and didn't want to be here. Makes me think he's known for a little while who he doesn't think is up to it and will be moving on in January.

Ageee with others, Prosser and McLaughlin at least should be given chances next game and depending on the fitness of Timlin and Weston, I'd be considering them too. Big Bentley fan, but maybe leave him out next game. Not sure what it is with him, but he's pretty much had the two worst games of his career so far back to back. Don't know if his mind is on the transfer window or elsewhere, or if he's started getting a bit ahead of himself, but he hasn't been good enough. Ted deserves a chance.

I hope you do well for the rest of the season, you have a good team. I think PB might have been thinking he was playing the same Rovers side at the beginning of the season, which under PD became a laboured relegation form team. DF has transformed the team that is now in Play Off form. DF is using a 3-4-3 formation to dominate the midfield and have two players supporting the lone striker Andy Williams. DF plays a high tempo game wanting the ball to move the ball from defence to attack as quick as possible, hence the wingers in midfield who can either support the attack or the defence depending on the flow of the game. Pressing the opposition's defence is a key part of DF's tactics, hence the three up front and an attacking minded midfield. From the reports I have read you lost the game in midfield and failed to adequately cope with Rovers forward line. Hope PB is able to learn from the defeats and get your team fired up for the next game. I'll be watching closely how you do for the rest of the season, we may even meet again in the Play Offs:smile:
You're spot on Les, our midfield diamond first half kept performing a magical disappearing act and the whole side struggled with your quick passing and movement.

Thanks for your great posts lately and best of luck for the rest of the season, although based on today's performance I think it's us rather than your lot that need the luck!

Its just soooooo frustrating none of us are experts, but we could all see after the colchester game we needed to freshen up!!

Thats why you have a squad(MR BROWN I HOPE YOUR READING THIS!!!)

Then after the the Millwall Game we could all see again EXCEPT MR BROWN!! that changes were needed and he says this in his reports and then to my shock he only makes one change for todays game, WHATS THE BLOKE ON!!!

I don't mind losing if the opposition is decent but in both the last games they have not been at all.

Out off the seven goals we have shipped at least five off them where gifted it would be less embarrassing if they were own goals!!

All the negative keep passing backwards and back to Bentley just plays us into trouble. The second goal today why did white play it back to Bently just smash into row Z for a throw!!

i never understand at the end of the game some fans clapping the team off! What have they been watching the game!!
Always clap the players who come over to the west....I don't believe any player intentionally plays badly ,but I always expect 100% commitment.Also I'm a great believer in confidence which is why I never shout insults at a player having a bad day who is trying,but shout encouragement.Some players show how much it hurts when they lose ....I think the players that do come over in defeat understand what it means to me to follow this club through thick and thin

Not really sure what to say.
The team appears to have disintegrated in two home matches. Is as simple as that.

I totally back PB to sort it out. But wow - we were poor!!!!

Donny were a decent side (and well done too to their reasonable and vocal following)

Loved their support... Especially "Spirit in the Sky". :cool:

There was one fella leading all the singing at the front and behaving like the sort of guy who tries to get everyone up and dancing at a wedding reception. Almost going up to people individually to get them to join in.

Top effort.

Shocking performance from everyone today... Could see from the start Browns system wasn't working and we had no width at all... Coker had no one to unload to down the left, even after Worrall come on it wasn't enough... And to top it all off my car breaks down on a busy vic ave coming home... All in all.. A good day...

Donny were a decent side (and well done too to their reasonable and vocal following) but we were severely lacking. Question - how many other teams fielded the same 10 players in all three fixtures this past week (indeed the only one that missed out, Worral, looked the liveliest player on the pitch when he came on).

Sorry I do not agree we made them look good if you keep making silly errors like we do a 1 legged blind man could score!!

I'm surprised that PB didn't mix things up. At the beginning of the season he had them all playing for their places and they all had playing time and were all match fit. I expected him to play Prosser against Millwall, then Ab again today (he can't play three games in just over a week). Likewise, O'Neill for White and Deegan for Payne (as Millwall are a big physical side) :blush:

Shocking performance from everyone today... Could see from the start Browns system wasn't working and we had no width at all... Coker had no one to unload to down the left, even after Worrall come on it wasn't enough... And to top it all off my car breaks down on a busy vic ave coming home... All in all.. A good day...
I passed you on Vic Avenue, I felt for you!

Extremely poor performance again today. I thought we looked tired and lustre and was really expecting more than one change following the Millwall defeat.
I think other teams now know how we play and do their homework well on us but we have got to be that little more wiser to it.
I personally feel PB did get a couple of things wrong today especially with the line-up.
I was also saying earlier to someone in the ground I feel we miss Timlin and that some of the information coming from the club these days regarding players is very short in supply.
With all things said we are still 7th and don't think we need to start panicking yet

Extremely poor performance again today. I thought we looked tired and lustre and was really expecting more than one change following the Millwall defeat.
I think other teams now know how we play and do their homework well on us but we have got to be that little more wiser to it.
I personally feel PB did get a couple of things wrong today especially with the line-up.
I was also saying earlier to someone in the ground I feel we miss Timlin and that some of the information coming from the club these days regarding players is very short in supply.
With all things said we are still 7th and don't think we need to start panicking yet

Do you have a date in mind then?:winking:

Browns Tactics??

Knew today was going to be a disaster when I saw only one change Rea for Worrall. I immediately said where's the width? Could understand if we had injuries but both Worrall and McLaughlin on bench? What was Brown trying to achieve?

Back