• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spud Taylor

Leoblue

Director
Does anyone know what Spud's up too these days? I saw him walking down Leigh Road on Thursday.

Saw him at Roots Hall the other week on his way in to watch our game. Isn't he coaching a foreign team?

Saw him at Roots Hall the other week on his way in to watch our game. Isn't he coaching a foreign team?
Was sacked by Indian team Kerala Blasters after four consecutive defeats in October.

I saw him over Hadleigh Downs last week, he was out running and was going ok for a bloke who must be in his mid 60s.

I saw him over Hadleigh Downs last week, he was out running and was going ok for a bloke who must be in his mid 60s.

Yes that's not bad at all, saying that, he was playing in the Southend Vet's league when he was in his 50's and he still had it then.

He was pushing a pram with his wife when I saw him, it was either one of his grand children he was pushing or HE'S REALLY GOT IT :stunned:

Yes he's 63 (a year younger than me).I can remember playing against him in the youth league when he was with Canvey.:cricko:

And there you are hobbling about and Peter is running up and down hills; so often ex footballers get fat and lazy with "broken" joints but he has obviously looked after himself.:Worthy:

Did he come through the ranks at Southend, or did we get him from elsewhere, if the former, got be one of the best players we have ever produced

he started out playing for Rochford town .Then he moved on to stambridge united . He then joined southend . he went to king Edmunds comp in rochford who he played for .And just to correct his age is 62 he is 63 in august I believe . And how do I know all this because we was at school together a.And a group of us used to play at rochford rec .This group also hadanother star of sufc Tony Hadley . I believe it was center back .

And there you are hobbling about and Peter is running up and down hills; so often ex footballers get fat and lazy with "broken" joints but he has obviously looked after himself.:Worthy:

Oi less of the "hobbling" about.While it's true that I partially ruptured my achilles tendon about 18 months or so ago, I'd say I've made a pretty good recovery from that-after spending an hour in the gym doing physio every day for 6 months-certainly much better than when I saw you last.

he started out playing for Rochford town .Then he moved on to stambridge united . He then joined southend . he went to king Edmunds comp in rochford who he played for .And just to correct his age is 62 he is 63 in august I believe . And how do I know all this because we was at school together a.And a group of us used to play at rochford rec .This group also hadanother star of sufc Tony Hadley . I believe it was center back .

Ah my bad.Knew he was more my younger brother's age (Not RobNoxious the other one),who's nearly two years younger than me,rather than mine.:cricko:

You don't mention that Spud played for Canvey boys.He turned out a couple of seasons for them in the youth league.In the same team as "Ticker" Lamb,who went on to play a few first team games for us.

I know he's been helping out over CIFC with training over Christmas. Maybe he's just keeping himself busy these days.

I know he's been helping out over CIFC with training over Christmas. Maybe he's just keeping himself busy these days.

The FA couldn't do any worse than ask him to help out with the under 21 squad and G Southgate, I'm sure GS could use the experience of PT around him. PT was very successful with the under 21 team.

Back