• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Blues sign Stephen Hendrie on loan

This appears all speculation the proof will be tomorrow whether or not he is in the squad...

I get that some don't like Prosser, it's par for the course on here. I'm just not sure he deserves some of the vitriol that is dished out when some post about him. What exactly has he done to deserve some of it? Genuine question.

I like Prosser, but I don't think he's particularly good

Did you see his Bambi impersonation last week?

Nope

I was there and he was shocking!

Fair comment

I like Prosser, but I don't think he's particularly good

And again.

The point I was trying to make was that whilst he may have had a bad game he wasn't the only one by all accounts. So why single the bloke out? (That is probably a rhetorical question on my part by the way). Prosser has never been a world beater, but season on season he has improved as a player, and he has done any job various managers have asked of him, sometimes better than others, sometimes not. Normally he will come into the side after injuries to others and have a few good games, but at the first sign of having a mare he gets slaughtered, over and above others who probably equally deserve a bashing. It just seems a bit biased to me, but there you go, all opinions are valid on here.

Nope

Fair comment

And again.

The point I was trying to make was that whilst he may have had a bad game he wasn't the only one by all accounts. So why single the bloke out? (That is probably a rhetorical question on my part by the way). Prosser has never been a world beater, but season on season he has improved as a player, and he has done any job various managers have asked of him, sometimes better than others, sometimes not. Normally he will come into the side after injuries to others and have a few good games, but at the first sign of having a mare he gets slaughtered, over and above others who probably equally deserve a bashing. It just seems a bit biased to me, but there you go, all opinions are valid on here.

People like to use him as the fall guy. Highlight ant mistakes he makes but never mention the good stuff. The amount of times he has made last ditch tackles that other players don't seem to make, his vocal encouragement and his never say die attitude make him a decent player

People like to use him as the fall guy. Highlight ant mistakes he makes but never mention the good stuff. The amount of times he has made last ditch tackles that other players don't seem to make, his vocal encouragement and his never say die attitude make him a decent player

At league two level max! I was his biggest critic when we first signed him I thought he was useless. I was so happy when he went to Rushden on loan because I thought he would be gone. I watched him after he came back and saw him start to mature into a better player and I always pointed out how he proved me wrong. I just think league one is a step to far for him. He will be a good defender for a mid table league two side pushing for promotion but that's about it. IMO!

Prosser can **** right off. He has a contract, so either hand in a transfer request or grow the **** up. I can understand him being frustrated about not getting games, but that's football.

Wow! You've turned into one of the more level-headed posters over the years, but this is really poor. You know nothing of what has really happened, you are basing your opinion on rumour and innuendo, nobody has given Prosser's side of the story and you think it's acceptable to tell anyone on that basis to **** off and grow the **** up?

:stunned:

Time we gave Luke Prosser some credit. I mean you lot have all shown big support for the Col U fan who is running from Colchester to RH before the match. Yet your slagging off poor Luke who was quite happy to run from Swindon to RH last Saturday and that was after playing for 90 minutes.

We have lost three and shipped 11.
This is exactly the time to get behind all the players. Luke Prosser is a Southend United player and gets my support. PB is our manager and he selects the team, he also gets my support.

Time we gave Luke Prosser some credit. I mean you lot have all shown big support for the Col U fan who is running from Colchester to RH before the match. Yet your slagging off poor Luke who was quite happy to run from Swindon to RH last Saturday and that was after playing for 90 minutes.

I think it's because he started running to roots hall when he should have been running towards the bloke who scoring the 3rd goal.

Last Saturday the defending was woeful from both centre backs for every goal. No idea what was said in the changing room, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some strong words aimed at prosser. He's been a mixed bag for us, but really not up to league 1. Everyone knows it, including prosser probably. Anyone remember in the summer when he said he just wants to be playing, after brown turned down the offer from a league 2 team? Whatever happens, I wish him well.

As for Stephen H, sounds promising that one

I'm worried about Hendrie's match fitness though. I fear it may not be long before he needs a rest.

At league two level max! I was his biggest critic when we first signed him I thought he was useless. I was so happy when he went to Rushden on loan because I thought he would be gone. I watched him after he came back and saw him start to mature into a better player and I always pointed out how he proved me wrong. I just think league one is a step to far for him. He will be a good defender for a mid table league two side pushing for promotion but that's about it. IMO!

That's not too far from my view point. I don't see the need to "lay into" Prosser - he has played well at times and has certainly improved and certainly seems to be a very nice chap. He is still a Southend player and therefore gets my 100% support when he is on the pitch. :thumbsup:

Strange how few people remember that Prosser's run in the team with a string of solid and calm performances earlier in the season coincided with our climb from the relegation spots to the higher end of the table. Still, never mind.

we have been crap for three games, Prosser played in one- but thats totally irrelevant- its all his fault !:headbang:

Just reading the posts on the way up
No surprise at some of the posts.Same old posters with their professional opinions.
Me and the boys in the East would like to wish him well, where ever he goes
I am told his family are supporters with his Grandad coming to RH for over 30years
Shame how it seems to have ended for him, but life goes on
All we need now is a win today. Won't hold my breath
UTB

I heard that prosser kicked off in the dressing room mainly at PB and AB last week at Swindon. Hasn't been at the training ground all week, think his days are numbered

You got it spot on pal, Prosser wont be playing again for us, & I know that from someone who was in that dressing room for 2 hours...............................

shame about Prosser, I think he is a good player for us.

But reason for post - I just tuned into BBC Essex, heard about Hendrie and went on the Blues website, nothing. So I came on here where all the news and comments is first. good old shrimperzone:happy:

Back