• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Germany !

It's not nice to throw stones at people, but if we posted on here every time someone in the world did something not nice the servers would collapse under the weight of data.

We are not talking about the world though,this thread is about Germany and their migrant fiasco,the stone throwing is relevant because Germans now have another gripe to moan about.

What about the Auschwitz error? you dishonour her name you ignoramous.

Oi leave him alone, to an out of touch old middle class white man, Concentration camps are a bit like coloured people ...they all look the same.

We are not talking about the world though,this thread is about Germany and their migrant fiasco,the stone throwing is relevant because Germans now have another gripe to moan about.
Ok then

It's not nice to throw stones at people, but if we posted on here every time someone in Germany did something not nice the servers would collapse under the weight of data.

Read in the paper today,that 300-400 German police ringed a part of Düsseldorf,they were looking for North Africans,especially people from Morocco,Algeria &Tunisia. 300 were detained,but only 40 arrested,the police are now cracking down in Germany.
The Police President(boss) said that people from N.Africa,especially Morocco,Algeria &Tunisia cause more trouble(law breaking),than other migrants.
Made me think.. 1 .what would happen if they done that in the UK,Brixton,etc?
2..what would happen,if say the boss from Scotland yard ,said that about North Africans?

What about the Auschwitz error? you dishonour her name you ignoramous.

You wot?

Auschwitz is a very harrowing experience,the nazis were totally insane !

Indeed they were.Only the Nazis could have applied the techniques of assembly line production to mass murder.

On the subject of which,I thought this was interesting:-

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35342821

Incidentally,as the article makes clear,athough Ann Frank was processed at Auschwitz, she died in Belsen.

Last edited:
So mcnasty why do remove my post but not to post 249. Do have some favourites on here?

You wot?

Indeed they were.Only the Nazis could have applied the techniques of assembly line production to mass murder.

Incidentally,as the article makes clear,athough Ann Frank was processed at Auschwitz, she died in Belsen.

About a year ago you claimed it was a war crime to bomb the Nazis

You wot?

Oh I don't know. Stalin wasn't exactly a slouch in the production line murder department. But as they say, history is written by the winners.

So mcnasty why do remove my post but not to post 249. Do have some favourites on here?

The truth obviously hurts.:winking:

About a year ago you claimed it was a war crime to bomb the Nazis

Actually,I maintained that the bombing of civilians in Dresden was a war-crime,IMO.

Difficult to believe that only Nazis were targeted.:nope:

Actually,I maintained that the bombing of civilians in Dresden was a war-crime,IMO.

But have you studied the various laws of war that have been written and re-written pretty much continuously since the end of the 19th Century? I personally haven't, but it might well be that carpet bombing wasn't actually a crime at the time: it may even have been the Second World War that had that brought into law.

For clarity, I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just asking whether or not this is based on the law at the time? It seems to me your opinion may well be at odds with the law.

And I accept that even if it wasn't a war crime at the time, it doesn't necessarily make it morally acceptable, but that is a completely different argument to whether or not it was a war crime AT THE TIME.

This is an interesting article:

BBC - What is a War Crime?

The concept of war crimes is a recent one. Before World War II, it was generally accepted that the horrors of war were in the nature of war.

But have you studied the various laws of war that have been written and re-written pretty much continuously since the end of the 19th Century? I personally haven't, but it might well be that carpet bombing wasn't actually a crime at the time: it may even have been the Second World War that had that brought into law.

For clarity, I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just asking whether or not this is your opinion or is it based on the law at the time?

And I accept that even if it wasn't a war crime at the time, it doesn't necessarily make it morally acceptable, but that is a completely different argument to whether or not it was a war crime AT THE TIME.

This is an interesting article:

BBC - What is a War Crime?

I'm happy to admit that I have no substantial knowledge of what you call "the law at the time."

If anything my opinion is a moral one rather than a legal one and comes mainly from a close reading of Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse 5.

Thought this was an interesting read though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II

The truth obviously hurts.:winking:

Difficult to believe that only Nazis were targeted.:nope:

Would that include people who produced Zyklon B. Or how about Railway workers. As you have witnessed yourself at Auschwitz the train drivers dropped a lot of passengers off but didn't have to many on the return journey. How about munitions workers?

Germany had nearly 19 million people in uniform. That means every 'civie' was busy trying to feed, clothe or arm them.

Anyway back on topic. Did you read about that lad of 15 stabbed to death in Sweden after he tried to stop a 14 year old from Syria harassing a girl in their class the day before. The murderer announced publicly that he would take his revenge.

Nice to see the school failed to protect their kids. Lets be honest we know exactly why they did nothing.

Would that include people who produced Zyklon B. Or how about Railway workers. As you have witnessed yourself at Auschwitz the train drivers dropped a lot of passengers off but didn't have to many on the return journey. How about munitions workers?

Germany had nearly 19 million people in uniform. That means every 'civie' was busy trying to feed, clothe or arm them.

Off topic, but psychological tests have shown that if someone in a position of authority tells you to do horrible things, most people will do them without question. The famous Milgram test had everyday people thinking they were electrocuting people to death because someone in a white coat told them to. Some even laughed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

From NYE in Cologne through to Dresden and the Nazis. Is this just a general discussion about all things German now?

If so let me know when we get on to Gerd Muller. What a player he was.

Back