• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Germany !

:off topic: I know but since this thread seems to have veered onto a discussion of the Labour Party.....

...I was interested to read in Cowley and Kavanagh's monumental study of "The British General Election of 2015," that of those voters who had switched their vote from the Tories and Labour to UKIP between 2010 and 2015, the ratio was 2:1.

In other words, for each two Tory voters who switched their vote to UKIP,only one Labour voter did so.

This rather gives the lie to UKIP's pre and post-election claim that they were taking votes equally from both the major parties.

:off topic: I know but since this thread seems to have veered onto a discussion of the Labour Party.....

...I was interested to read in Cowley and Kavanagh's monumental study of "The British General Election of 2015," that of those voters who had switched their vote from the Tories and Labour to UKIP between 2010 and 2015, the ratio was 2:1.

In other words, for each two Tory voters who switched their vote to UKIP,only one Labour voter did so.

This rather gives the lie to UKIP's pre and post-election claim that they were taking votes equally from both the major parties.

Revealed yesterday that the polling companies never surveyed enough Tory voters hence why many thought it was ending up as a hung parliment.

Skullduggarry afoot.

Revealed yesterday that the polling companies never surveyed enough Tory voters hence why many thought it was ending up as a hung parliment.

Skullduggarry afoot.

I though the finding was that the pollsters didn't survey their Tory voters fully enough?

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say this finding certainly suited the Tories, who could then go on to claim, (as they did), that since there was likely to be a hung Parliament with the balance of power favouring Labour, then this result would lead to a Labour/SNP majority in Parliament,which is precisely what frightened so many voters to switching their vote to the Tories late in the day, especially in those Liberal held marginal seats,which had been targeted by the Tories from the start of the campaign.

Labour have admitted that that they were damaged by the UKIP vote Barna, UKIP had as many votes (not seats) as the SNP, PLAID + Lib Dems combined.

Whatever way you want to spin this, through your purple loathing spectacles UKIP damaged Labour particularly in the North and Midlands....The SNP did the rest in scotland.

It must be difficult for any Labour supporter to watch working class / Blue collar votes go to other parties, however this isn't a new phenomenon.

Labour have admitted that that they were damaged by the UKIP vote Barna, UKIP had as many votes (not seats) as the SNP, PLAID + Lib Dems combined.

Whatever way you want to spin this, through your purple loathing spectacles UKIP damaged Labour particularly in the North and Midlands....The SNP did the rest in scotland.

It must be difficult for any Labour supporter to watch working class / Blue collar votes go to other parties, however this isn't a new phenomenon.

I'm well aware that UKIP "damaged" Labour's support,thanks.It was the ratio of Tory/Labour defecters (2:1) to UKIP, that I was addressing.

Actually,UKIP's share of the vote (at 13%) was pretty uniform across England and Wales,which is one reason why Labour have no MP's outside London (except one in Bristol) in the South.

Granted UKIP's vote harmed Labour in the Midlands.UKIP finishing second in a bunch of safe Labour seats in the North is neither here nor there,really.

What is much more worrying for Labour, is that without a landslide swing of 1997 proportions, they have no realistic prospect of forming a government in 2020,given that Scotland is a lost cause to the SNP for generations, at least.

I'm well aware that UKIP "damaged" Labour's support,thanks.It was the ratio of Tory/Labour defecters (2:1) to UKIP, that I was addressing.

Actually,UKIP's share of the vote (at 13%) was pretty uniform across England and Wales,which is one reason why Labour have no MP's outside London (except one in Bristol) in the South.

Granted UKIP's vote harmed Labour in the Midlands.UKIP finishing second in a bunch of safe Labour seats in the North is neither here nor there,really.

What is much more worrying for Labour, is that without a landslide swing of 1997 proportions, they have no realistic prospect of forming a government in 2020,given that Scotland is a lost cause to the SNP for generations, at least.

Has someone hacked your account?

Latest from Germany,

Germany are sending migrants back to Austria because they are not Syrian.

One German city has revealed the 1% migrant population are guilty of 5% of all major crimes including attempted murder,serious assault,rape and drug dealing,one unnamed official said "the German public are being conned because most of the migrants will never have any job whilst 10% of them will turn to crime"

Many German residents are being evicted from their properties so migrants can move into them.

German taxpayers will have to cough up the expected 12 billion cost of keeping the migrants.

The joys of an multi culture society possibly coming to a town near you very soon !

Latest from Germany,

Germany are sending migrants back to Austria because they are not Syrian.

One German city has revealed the 1% migrant population are guilty of 5% of all major crimes including attempted murder,serious assault,rape and drug dealing,one unnamed official said "the German public are being conned because most of the migrants will never have any job whilst 10% of them will turn to crime"

Many German residents are being evicted from their properties so migrants can move into them.

German taxpayers will have to cough up the expected 12 billion cost of keeping the migrants.

The joys of an multi culture society possibly coming to a town near you very soon !

Out of this list of.....information - the one that flags up straight away is 'Many German residents are being evicted from their properties so migrants can move into them'. Where did that information come from? Our resident landlord will be able to confirm that evicting someone in the UK is a very tricky and slow procedure - I'd be surprised if it was much different in Germany.

Out of this list of.....information - the one that flags up straight away is 'Many German residents are being evicted from their properties so migrants can move into them'. Where did that information come from? Our resident landlord will be able to confirm that evicting someone in the UK is a very tricky and slow procedure - I'd be surprised if it was much different in Germany.

Hmmm Mail and telegraph to name just 2 !

Further news,

Due to severe overcrowding somebody decided to house 200 male refugees in a school gymnasium !,the head decided to write to every female student/parents to order them to dress modestly !

Hmmm Mail and telegraph to name just 2 !

Further news,

Due to severe overcrowding somebody decided to house 200 male refugees in a school gymnasium !,the head decided to write to every female student/parents to order them to dress modestly !
Genuine advice - don't read the Mail, it's miserable and makes you miserable, it's not good for anyone's mental well being.

The Telegraph is politically biased but at least it is not just outright miserable like the Mail. Could you post a link or direct quote from the Telegraph about the mass evictions of Germans please. Half of what I read in the ES on my comute home is twisted half truths so I'm not going to take a Telegraph quote at face value but I'd be interested to see how they worded it.

Stating where your info comes from is handy and some people post up things they have half remembered from a fwd of a fwd on Facebook. Helps to have the context. Thanks.

Genuine advice - don't read the Mail, it's miserable and makes you miserable, it's not good for anyone's mental well being.

The Telegraph is politically biased but at least it is not just outright miserable like the Mail. Could you post a link or direct quote from the Telegraph about the mass evictions of Germans please. Half of what I read in the ES on my comute home is twisted half truths so I'm not going to take a Telegraph quote at face value but I'd be interested to see how they worded it.

Stating where your info comes from is handy and some people post up things they have half remembered from a fwd of a fwd on Facebook. Helps to have the context. Thanks.

I never stated MASS evictions !

Hope that helps.

Not massively. True you said many evictions and I take your point that mass sounds more than many. Could you qualify the 'many evictions' quote please.

So far there has been 2, which IMO is 2 too many!

One lady,a nurse,has lived in her place for 16 year's,yet she has to get out yo make way for migrants,that can never be right.

Back