• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it would be brilliant if we were lining up in the Championship whatever the opposition. AF has 250 plus Prem match experience behind him and will only be 32 as next season begins. I think AF, Cox, Ranger, lenny, Demetriou, SM, Thommo and possibly Coker could perform at that level. WA for me would be a squad player then but may surprise me. It may be a bit much for MAF then and beyond GM in my book. Sokolik is an unknown at that level but may come good and then we have a few youngsters that may progress. All in all it would likely be we need ten or eleven new faces to compete.

Right now I am happy for them to concentrate on this season and worry about the Championship dream when it becomes a reality. Or not.

I was thinking more along the lines that Q.P.R. would be in the 3rd Division with us.
AA%20facepalm.gif

Anton has declared himself fit for the Charlton game; he had ankle issues-presumably from their No 33 (Taylor?) standing on it.
I am glad he is able to play on Saturday and also that he played on v Wombles BUT who would his "sub" be? Sokolik was on the bench so it would likely be him or JW.
Or is the question best asked of Thommo "who do you want partnering you if Anton isn't available?".
And would Len then be handed Captain's armband unless JW came on?

Barrett still seems the most obvious replacement for Ferdinand for a one-off game.

Clearly you didn't see the appalling back header which unnecessarily put Ted into terrible trouble minutes into his recall.

Very similar to Efe's unforced error very early on against the half breds, which pretty much sealed our relegation.

If it had been Cureton rather than Poleon on the receiving end you would have been saying very different things about Ferdy.

Poor form Ray.I know you're a big fan of AB's (like me) but you really shouldn't use that to make capital out of one poor mistake, (which I saw in the 10 minute roundup on BP) and heard live on the BBC Essex commenary of the game.

I look forward to seeing AF play live when I'm over for the Bury game at the end of April.

I am glad he is able to play on Saturday and also that he played on v Wombles BUT who would his "sub" be? Sokolik was on the bench so it would likely be him or JW.
Or is the question best asked of Thommo "who do you want partnering you if Anton isn't available?".
And would Len then be handed Captain's armband unless JW came on?

Barrett still seems the most obvious replacement for Ferdinand for a one-off game.
No, bless him, poor Adam is way down on the pecking order - White would be well up for this, for the same reasons outlined re Wordsworth on the pre-match thread. I'm not sure which way I'd go out of him and Sokolik, but have an inkling Brown would plump for the latter.

And Lenny has taken the armband already during games this season when the first choice captain has left the field of play, although if White was there, I think he'd do so.

I can't remember the last time AB even made the bench and think Matsuzaka has more chance of starting, should he have to, than AB at this moment in time...

I watched the error Ferdinand made yesterday. A good save ensued. I do struggle to think of many more this season and rate him as one of the best centre halves I have seen at the Blues and boy have I seen hundreds.

Not sure it was even an error as such. I think that the ball took a deflection after Ferdy had decided he needed to get his head to it and the fact he got anything on it all probably meant Smith had a chance to even make a save

Anyone know of a similar scenario at any other clubs, where the appointed club Captain at the start of the season, fails to make the match squad after 1/4 of the season?.

Have no idea , but also no interest without being rude. PB made a big big call to drop a club / fans legend when he himself was petering on the edge ... however courage sometimes reaps its rewards. The signing of Ferdinand has been a masterstroke , not just because of the results but also the improvement it's had on the players around him, most notably Thommo , who's always had something about him , but now Ferdinand has unlocked for me whatever "it" was !

Back