• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He has played him since the row you keep going on about.

Does he keep on about? and on about? and on.....................
Did you know a player and a physio, allegedly, had raised voices at each other too, AND they hissed! It must be true coz a mate who drove a taxi that had the hair dresser of a cousin of a player told the story and then told others too.
And then Mr Brown was only given 2 spoons of sugar in his tea....

Does he keep on about? and on about? and on.....................
Did you know a player and a physio, allegedly, had raised voices at each other too, AND they hissed! It must be true coz a mate who drove a taxi that had the hair dresser of a cousin of a player told the story and then told others too.
And then Mr Brown was only given 2 spoons of sugar in his tea....

And said player we were assured would never ever ever play for the club ever again....regrettably some contributors are missing their vocation and should be writing for the Daily Mail :-)

Poor form Ray.I know you're a big fan of AB's (like me) but you really shouldn't use that to make capital out of one poor mistake, (which I saw in the 10 minute roundup on BP) and heard live on the BBC Essex commenary of the game.

I look forward to seeing AF play live when I'm over for the Bury game at the end of April.

Poor form?

So Ferdy would have been your mom in a team that had Fortune playing magnificently, Cox scoring two excellent goals and all the others, particularly young Smithy given his circumstances, making excellent contributions?

Would have thought that you at least would have read my post more carefully.

That's poor form.

Anyone know of a similar scenario at any other clubs, where the appointed club Captain at the start of the season, fails to make the match squad after 1/4 of the season?.

Probably happened to Maher didnt it?

John Terry assume the same.

One of the pitfulls of being a captain in your older years.

Clearly you didn't see the appalling back header which unnecessarily put Ted into terrible trouble minutes into his recall.

Very similar to Efe's unforced error very early on against the half breds, which pretty much sealed our relegation.

If it had been Cureton rather than Poleon on the receiving end you would have been saying very different things about Ferdy.

Poor form?

So Ferdy would have been your mom in a team that had Fortune playing magnificently, Cox scoring two excellent goals and all the others, particularly young Smithy given his circumstances, making excellent contributions?

Would have thought that you at least would have read my post more carefully

That's poor form.

Just checked back and saw that you were reacting to Mrs Blue's post about AF just shading MOM.The term doesn't appear in your reply to her.

Who takes MOM awards seriously,anyway?They're given out by suits in the boxes (ie sponsors),aren't they? Don't know who Paul Clark nominated as his two MOM, as we had to push off back here a bit sharpish.

(Since I obviously didn't see the match,it goes without saying that I naturally wouldn't nominate a MOM).Though I'd have to agree from the 10 minute highlights of the game on BP that Cox and MAF would be more obvious candidates.

Just checked back and saw that you were reacting to Mrs Blue's post about AF just shading MOM.The term doesn't appear in your reply to her.

Who takes MOM awards seriously,anyway?They're given out by suits in the boxes (ie sponsors),aren't they? Don't know who Paul Clark nominated as his two MOM, as we had to push off back here a bit sharpish.

(Since I obviously didn't see the match,it goes without saying that I naturally wouldn't nominate a MOM).Though I'd have to agree from the 10 minute highlights of the game on BP that Cox and MAF would be more obvious candidates.

Exactly..mom is down to the individual.

Cox and Fortune were both bloody good,no question,however Ferdy has a grace about his play which at times is beautiful to watch,his performance in my eyes was show stopping.

Better.

Always read the question thoroughly before commencing with your answer...............

Clarky quite understandably nominated Cox and Fortune.

Cox received the most votes although Fortune would have just shaded mine.

See you haven't retracted the 'poor form' though..........we're not talking Tony Gale or Glenn Roeder here you know.

Better.

Always read the question thoroughly before commencing with your answer...............

Clarky quite understandably nominated Cox and Fortune.

Cox received the most votes although Fortune would have just shaded mine.

See you haven't retracted the 'poor form' though..........we're not talking Tony Gale or Glenn Roeder here you know.

Thought your whole post about Anton was 'poor form.' Came across as desperate to want him to fail.

Yes we all love AB but Anton playing instead of him is absolutely the right choice. Even you can't argue with that. So the real reason is your hatred of PB. Still must be frustrating for some of you as you have been waiting 11 league games since AB was dropped and you still haven't been given the chance to say told you so.

Don't take it personal and happy new year by the way.

Thought your whole post about Anton was 'poor form.' Came across as desperate to want him to fail.

Yes we all love AB but Anton playing instead of him is absolutely the right choice. Even you can't argue with that. So the real reason is your hatred of PB. Still must be frustrating for some of you as you have been waiting 11 league games since AB was dropped and you still haven't been given the chance to say told you so.

Please don't rewrite my post for me saying loads of stuff that I haven't said and don't think. I get enough abuse with my own posts without you incorrectly embellishing them.

Would have thought that you would have learned your lesson after the nonsense about Rochdale Leather Land and all the possible alternative opponents on February 28th.

Certainly don't want Brown or Ferdy to fail and the comparison with Efe who, apart from the Col U and Hullgate matches, was superb for us just emphasises that.

To paraphrase what you say about Phil - #rigsbygetsitwrongagain.

Clearly you didn't see the appalling back header which unnecessarily put Ted into terrible trouble minutes into his recall.

Very similar to Efe's unforced error very early on against the half breds, which pretty much sealed our relegation.

If it had been Cureton rather than Poleon on the receiving end you would have been saying very different things about Ferdy.

I rest my case.

Earth calling Rigsby...are you there...over. I have not taken a poll but I am confident that the majority of fans, that put head before heart, knew that AB was not cutting the mustard. If PB was guilty of anything it was persisting with him for far too long. Though I acknowledge your loyalty to the manager, could you please stop banging on about him. If he is, in anyway criticised, so what? He ain't perfect. It does not mean everyone is out to get him with knives drawn and you do not need to spring to his defence. You see him one way and others see him differently. Thats life. Perhaps you could appreciate alternative viewpoints instead of continually lambasting fellow supporters. The very supporters that keep your favourite man in a job. UTB

You're grumpy this morning, Ray.

Just to cheer you up I'm happy to withdraw my "poor form" remark.

Happy New Year!

Thanks old chap and the same to you.

Sorry you didn't make it over this time but hope to see you in April - depending upon the theatre performances of course............ (grumpiness returning!).

Earth calling Rigsby...are you there...over. I have not taken a poll but I am confident that the majority of fans, that put head before heart, knew that AB was not cutting the mustard. If PB was guilty of anything it was persisting with him for far too long. Though I acknowledge your loyalty to the manager, could you please stop banging on about him. If he is, in anyway criticised, so what? He ain't perfect. It does not mean everyone is out to get him with knives drawn and you do not need to spring to his defence. You see him one way and others see him differently. Thats life. Perhaps you could appreciate alternative viewpoints instead of continually lambasting fellow supporters. The very supporters that keep your favourite man in a job. UTB

I don't keep bringing him up in every thread. Its people like you that do, so I just answer. You must know I'm not the only one who sees straight through certain posts.

If you want to come on a forum for 3 years telling us all how PB can't get the best out of his players fine. Then when we go 11 games unbeaten and you claim its because his players have sorted themselves out then you start to look silly. Nothing to do with me liking PB or not.

I don't keep bringing him up in every thread. Its people like you that do, so I just answer. You must know I'm not the only one who sees straight through certain posts.

If you want to come on a forum for 3 years telling us all how PB can't get the best out of his players fine. Then when we go 11 games unbeaten and you claim its because his players have sorted themselves out then you start to look silly. Nothing to do with me liking PB or not.

Sadly, you are misguided, you bring him up far more than anyone else. That is beside the point. In your defence of him, which is your opinion and right, you make very personal comments about fellow posters. You seem to ridicule anything that is different to your viewpoint. You are entitled to your opinion but so are others and it does not have to reduce to a personal, childish, name calling. Other posters are not the enemy. I disagree with you on many things but we are both supporters.
Just accept that as manager he will get praise and he will get criticism. He has done some things right and some things wrong. Disagreeing with you does not make your fellow supporters idiots.

Sadly, you are misguided, you bring him up far more than anyone else. That is beside the point. In your defence of him, which is your opinion and right, you make very personal comments about fellow posters. You seem to ridicule anything that is different to your viewpoint. You are entitled to your opinion but so are others and it does not have to reduce to a personal, childish, name calling. Other posters are not the enemy. I disagree with you on many things but we are both supporters.
Just accept that as manager he will get praise and he will get criticism. He has done some things right and some things wrong. Disagreeing with you does not make your fellow supporters idiots.

Just thought I would highlight your hypocrisy.

Why don't you accept that some people are allowed to praise the manger, rather than trolling after them from post to post. I'm not the one starting post about PB or diverting threads about players onto my personal crusade. I don't contact people to slag them off (not aimed at you) in several private messages because they refused to demand the manger should be sacked.

By the way I never called you an idiot, that was aimed at someone else and he knows why.

Just thought I would highlight your hypocrisy.

Why don't you accept that some people are allowed to praise the manger, rather than trolling after them from post to post. I'm not the one starting post about PB or diverting threads about players onto my personal crusade. I don't contact people to slag them off (not aimed at you) in several private messages because they refused to demand the manger should be sacked.

By the way I never called you an idiot, that was aimed at someone else and he knows why.

Hypocrisy? I attempted to use polite banter and be diffusive. I have not called you some of the things you use nor tried to be superior and have acknowledged everyones right to an opinion. I am not saying I am right in my posts. I am saying they are my opinion. Lighten up. I have been where you are and have been very incensed by fellow posters but hopefully I have matured with the forum. I actually enjoy reading some of the more extreme posts because they generate responses. Thats the point of a forum. Its not a lecture platform to brainwash everyone into one viewpoint. It is an open board in order to exchange differing or coinciding views. UTB

Back