• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

it looks like Ricky Lambert is surplus to requirements at Cardiff, would it be too much of a stretch to try and get him on a 6 month loan until Ranger is back up to speed?

it looks like Ricky Lambert is surplus to requirements at Cardiff, would it be too much of a stretch to try and get him on a 6 month loan until Ranger is back up to speed?

35 years old, so would interest PB

7 goals in his last 63 games though... so, sounds about right for us :sad:

Delighted to see close on a 100 views on this although not everyone of course may have read it. i thought it made some very telling points about how pre season might or should operate , maybe helps a little as well to clarify why players coming in late might not be very advantageous both to the start of a new season and how one finishes it

Look it's obvious... Burnley, Chelsea, Palace, Southampton, Swansea, Spurs and West Brom have not yet made any signing.. once they bring in new players they will be able to release more players. PB is waiting for them to become available before pouncing. :happy:

We start pre season in 2 days. We have lost/released 6 or 7 players and have yet to sign a single one. I'm not sure how long the team are away but I'm sure it's 7 days +. I doubt we will sign anyone while we are away.

It's going to be last minute again.

Just an update, Southend are in advanced talks with 3 players. 2 from the Scottish Premiership, a defender and midfielder. Also a midfielder from the English Championship. The deals are on the table and it's up to the players and agents. Tommy is right, they leave for Spain on Friday.

Yep, we released some players, but with the exception of two, everyone wanted shot of them anyway.

We haven't signed anyone yet, but as has been mentioned countless times, we really are not at the front of the queue for the better players and we don't need more freebie players that we'd all be moaning about being sh*te after one friendly or a loan player like Adam King who was written off (probably rightly so) before the end of August.

If we want players that will improve the squad, by definition, other clubs will want them.

It's not a self-service buffet. We have to queue and wait to be given the nod that what we have to offer is the best for that player.

Getting in anyone of sub-standard ability is a waste of time and money!

Ask the countless clubs that struggled last season, despite getting players in early. Most of them had sacked their managers by Christmas!

We start pre season in 2 days. We have lost/released 6 or 7 players and have yet to sign a single one. I'm not sure how long the team are away but I'm sure it's 7 days +. I doubt we will sign anyone while we are away.

It's going to be last minute again.
Weve signed two Kids!!! and you never win anything with kids...

Echo says we are in for three players still, with those being in advanced talks and hope they're in before pre-season on Friday...

CB and Mid from SPL
CM from Championship

None of these appear to be Hendrie?

Echo says we are in for three players still, with those being in advanced talks and hope they're in before pre-season on Friday...

CB and Mid from SPL
CM from Championship

None of these appear to be Hendrie?

Kiernan must be the SPL CB?
SPL CM ? Harry Forrester?

I believe Rangers have also released Joseph Dodoo, who was a big prospect at Leicester - although his career may now be dead as a...

Find it hard to believe we could afford Kiernan or Forrester to be honest.

At least Friday creates a nice deadline- if one or more of the players is serious about coming they & the club will want them on the trip. Lets hope we get a couple of them over the line.

Back