• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

• Chris Phillips‏

Brown: "I'm hoping the chairman will have positive transfer news for me after the game. I'm hoping it will be massively positive this week."

Well, one can certainly hope so. Lucky we didn't leave it to the last minute, as usual! :winking:

To be fair SUFC has been in talks with quite a few players the last 2 months. I think players and agents are being more greedy and picky this close season.

If we sign anyone, PB will probably arrange a 'behind closed doors' game or two to enable any new signings to at least line up alongside their teammates before the season starts

Kiernan would be an excellent signing. Ferdinand/Turner with Kieran alongside would be a great CB partnering.

Kiernan would be an excellent signing. Ferdinand/Turner with Kieran alongside would be a great CB partnering.

Agreed. I really hope we can complete this transfer. No more delays. We do desperately need the central midfielder too, but signing Kiernan is a total necessity or it's going to be a long afternoon next Saturday.

Agreed. I really hope we can complete this transfer. No more delays. We do desperately need the central midfielder too, but signing Kiernan is a total necessity or it's going to be a long afternoon next Saturday.

Remember it's a marathon not a sprint. Blackburn are going to be there or there abouts, so I would take a draw with the injuries we have. Anything more than a draw is a huge result!

Remember it's a marathon not a sprint. Blackburn are going to be there or there abouts, so I would take a draw with the injuries we have. Anything more than a draw is a huge result!

Every point is just as important as the other.

We missed out on the playoffs last season by 1 point, so we shouldn't be writing off the game against Blackburn or saying we'd be happy with a point. If we want success this year we want to establish a winning mentality early on.

I think we're more than likely end up with a loan signing centre back before long as cover as its getting very close to seasons opening games now:sad:

I think we're more than likely end up with a loan signing centre back before long as cover as its getting very close to seasons opening games now:sad:

We have until August 31st to sign someone. No need to worry and get in a loan player now. If we can't find someone before then, then they'd go down that route.

I'm not convinced one centre back is enough, especially if Turner's injury is a serious one. Both him and Anton could easily pick something up that would sideline them for a few weeks and if both are out at once that only leaves us with John White.

I'd take a Kiernan type signing and a loanee.

Turner is a bit of mystery to me. He came to us following a two year gap in his Norwich career, then straight off to Malaga with the squad and Phil states he is very happy with Turner's fitness. He then has a medical, passes that then one friendly and bosh. What is that all about?

And back on topic, I'd take a Kiernan type signing as well, better still, I'd take Kiernan.

Turner is a bit of mystery to me. He came to us following a two year gap in his Norwich career, then straight off to Malaga with the squad and Phil states he is very happy with Turner's fitness. He then has a medical, passes that then one friendly and bosh. What is that all about?

And back on topic, I'd take a Kiernan type signing as well, better still, I'd take Kiernan.

Its called an injury....Completely different to fitness. :winking:

Look at Ranger last season, gets fit has a great 15 minutes and someone lands on his ankle. That's no mystery, just bad luck and we sent the 'awful' Sheffield United to the bottom of the table. They still managed 100 points.

I heard it was a tightening of a hamstring ........... in which case the correct approach is not to play football. The same happened with Anton last season - I thought it was a benefit of having an experienced professional that they realise that you can't just play on and "run it off".

I think a season long loan is what the club are after and we have a good chance......Apparently.

Why would Rangers do a season long loan? Kiernan has a year left on his contract so he'd leave on a free in a year's time. In the meantime, the gap in wages compared to what he would earn at Rangers for this next year will be exactly the same problem. Either they would need to fund the difference, or he would need to accept less wages. Neither of those make sense for a year long loan that ends with him being out of contract, unless he is the one who doesn't want to sign for us permanently and is therefore refusing to terminate his contract early. If he was refusing to sign for us other than on a temporary loan to get in the shop window, I don't understand why we wouldnt have moved on to another target ages ago. There is no benefit to Rangers holding him to his contract and paying the difference in wages while loaning him to us, but not releasing him.

I heard it was a tightening of a hamstring ........... in which case the correct approach is not to play football. The same happened with Anton last season - I thought it was a benefit of having an experienced professional that they realise that you can't just play on and "run it off".

And in terms of diagnosis and remedy you are absolutely right. I was rather hoping that he may last more than one friendly before he became a feature of Ben Clarkson's tender care.

Back