• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very nice, well done Ron & PB. Hopefully they can get one more midfielder in before the window ends.

This is a great piece of work by Mr Brown, superb signing.

Once he has settled in and once Anton's hamstrings are as good as they are going to be, and once Hendrie rediscovers his previous form with us and once Demi is as good defending as he is going forward, then we will have a back 4 to rival the best in FL1. Please let that start Saturday lads, my seat in the West has been replaced with a shiny new one and my expectations are rising. No pressure, mind you.

This is a great piece of work by Mr Brown, superb signing. Once he has settled in and once Anton's hamstrings are as good as they are going to be, and once Hendrie rediscovers his previous form with us and once Demi is as good defending as he is going forward, then we will have a back 4 to rival the best in FL1. Please let that start Saturday lads, my seat in the West has been replaced with a new one and my expectations are rising. No pressure, mind you.

Yes - start with a good defence. But they need the right midfield in front of them and so the spotlight turns to who will be in middle of the pitch.

A massive upgrade on Thompson. I was gutted when Thompson left but if you told me when he left he would be replaced with Kiernan I wouldn't give a toss that he was going.

We've upgraded in the right areas and really are going to do well this season. If we can get another centre mid in before Saturday that's some seriously good business by PB.

Hope Coxy runs Thompson ragged when Bury come down!

You can just imagine Thompson saying "Oooh, Anton, i'm not sure what to do or who to mark??" too late sucker!!

You can just imagine Thompson saying "Oooh, Anton, i'm not sure what to do or who to mark??" too late sucker!!

Yep, I hope Cox, Ba, MAF, Kightly etc run him ragid and make him look average. Atkinson's move to be nearer to family I understand. Thompson's was purely for money!

Or he could kick the **** out of Cox. He did it a few times against forwards with us. As much as I would like him to be rubbish I don't think he will want to **** up in front of the Hall fans.

With the signings of Turner (maybe) and Kiernan I have to feel a bit sorry for John White. He will probably be the one who loses out in all of this. That said, Demi better be on top form this season or I can see JW replacing him.

Get in what a player think I will go out some cash on us going up 20-1

Can't wait for season

Got 8-1 yesterday on promotion (25-1 to win the league) with Corals.. don't think there is 20-1 to go up..

With the signings of Turner (maybe) and Kiernan I have to feel a bit sorry for John White. He will probably be the one who loses out in all of this. That said, Demi better be on top form this season or I can see JW replacing him.

John White will play at least 25 games this season - we are still short of numbers at the back given Coker's injury and Ferdinand is as injury-prone as they come. White can play in any position across the back four and will be a key member of the squad this year; more so than last season.

Or he could kick the **** out of Cox. He did it a few times against forwards with us. As much as I would like him to be rubbish I don't think he will want to **** up in front of the Hall fans.

Tell you what though, I thought Coxy looked lean and mean; and had put on a bit of muscle at MTBD. He'd be more than a match for Thompson.

does anyone know exactly how many games Anton missed last season of those he was available for?
I don't remember him missing many

Think he played 35? Maybe a cup game or two so 15? Not bad and no pre-season. No reason he can't play more- he's only 31/32!!

Thompson's quite a physical defender - when I have watched him he is good at using his body to block runs by opposition players and there can be a bit of push and shove. But Thommo does get pulled out of position at times. I think Coxy and both Fortune (and Ranger) will know how to get around him.

Our best eleven will compete with anyone in the league this season. It will all depend on how many times we can get our best eleven out though. On paper we are strong and improved on last season.

Pleased with Kiernan and agree with Brown that the other teams will be impressed with the signing. They won't relish a visit to the Hall this season if we can get our squad fit.

Our best eleven will compete with anyone in the league this season. It will all depend on how many times we can get our best eleven out though. On paper we are strong and improved on last season.

Pleased with Kiernan and agree with Brown that the other teams will be impressed with the signing. They won't relish a visit to the Hall this season if we can get our squad fit/out of prison.

Little addition at the end there ...........

Back