• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done Ron. Despite many misgivings down the years, and a few genuinely hairy moments, you are proving yourself to be an excellent Chairman. I can't remember when I have ever felt so confident about the short, medium and long term future of the club. If you secure full planning permission from Southend and Rochford Councils you will have earned the right to factor your hair product costs into matchday ticket prices from this day forward :Worthy:

Well done Ron. Despite many misgivings down the years, and a few genuinely hairy moments, you are proving yourself to be an excellent Chairman. I can't remember when I have ever felt so confident about the short, medium and long term future of the club. If you secure full planning permission from Southend and Rochford Councils you will have earned the right to factor your hair product costs into matchday ticket prices from this day forward :Worthy:

Steady on there. Don't go overboard.

Phil Brown looks genuinely over the moon.
Large

John White will play at least 25 games this season - we are still short of numbers at the back given Coker's injury and Ferdinand is as injury-prone as they come. White can play in any position across the back four and will be a key member of the squad this year; more so than last season.

Great that he signed a new contract. I was seriously expecting him to leave for regular 1st team game time.

Tell you what though, I thought Coxy looked lean and mean; and had put on a bit of muscle at MTBD. He'd be more than a match for Thompson.

He certainly looks as if pies are off the menu. Mind you, he still did ok last season with that slightly expanded midriff, so this season he should be dynamite.

Shrimpers snap up centre-back Kiernan

SOUTHEND United have completed the signing of centre-back Rob Kiernan from Rangers.

More...

RHB, see you have removed the bars from your avatar? Is he out ?? What do ya know...

Sadly I removed the 'banged up' bit when it was first suggested he was out. I'm now very loathe to re-incarcerate him in case it holds up his return to the club even further.

Another promising signing.
We were certainly not quick out of the blocks and let the Bury's of this world grab anything they could get their hands on.
However, we appear to have waited for the quality players to show their cards.
Well done PB and RM. We are looking....good!!

A great signing. He has been training with Rangers Under 20's. Would imagine he would be short of full fitness and almost certainly match practice. All in all great news.

Really hope he can pull up his old form, I really don't understand football, he was laughed off the pitch at rangers last year, and was poor.... then Fulham wanted him for 2 million in January https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.hi...et-rob-kiernan-leave-for-free-months-after-2/

now he is costing us hardly anything....The game is a worry, and strange, I hope there is not some secret injury or something. Super well done if not

He has been training- just not included with first team trips for friendlies etc. Tbh at 26 and given he is a CB I would imagine that whilst he might be a bit game rusty fitness wise what he has done should me he is OK.

PB will have a good look at him in training tomorrow and go from there. Would imagine its 50/50 for tomorrow he plays- would not be surprised to see JW

Thrilled with the completion of this piece of business.

Although due to fitness and injury issues we already seem to be carrying, a little nervous about the start of the season. That said though, I'm the most optimistic I've been in years about the season to come. Really looking forward to it.

UTB!!

Back