• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The wife and kids used to go to a Chrisdingle late afternoon/early evening with the wife's mum while I make Mince pies and Sausage rolls. Since the wife's mum died a year and half ago, they have given up on Chrisdingle and just go looking for housed with nice Christmas lights up

My Christmas Eve will consist of driving South from Yorkshire to spend a few days visiting the fam, as well as a Boxing Day footie match.

I dress up at as a reindeer and complain about the constant grooming I receive from Santa.

The wife and kids used to go to a Chrisdingle late afternoon/early evening with the wife's mum while I make Mince pies and Sausage rolls. Since the wife's mum died a year and half ago, they have given up on Chrisdingle and just go looking for housed with nice Christmas lights up

There's a road in Rayleigh that decorates everything not moving. They might like that. Not 100% sure but I think they have a web site as it raises money for charity.

Christmas Eve normally involves waking up and preparing a nice hearty winter dish for dinner that takes about 10 hours to cook in the slow cooker (usually a casserole or stew). Then heading down to the butchers to collect the meat we need for Boxing day before they close, & then drive over to pick up the in laws that stay with us over the Christmas period.

We always dine out at a restaurant on Christmas Day (I can't remember the last time we prepared a Christmas day lunch at home, imo it's just to much hassle).

Depends what day it is. I could be "working".

Christmas Eve always used to be good day to be in the office. A very relaxed morning, then an announcement on the public address system that the office would be closing at noon. A full day booked, but for only three hours of snacking and placing bets on the Boxing Day action.

There's a road in Rayleigh that decorates everything not moving. They might like that. Not 100% sure but I think they have a web site as it raises money for charity.

They go down Folly Lane in Hockley and somewhere in Benfleet but I'll tell them about Rayleigh, I'm sure they will find it

Lol, I think you mean Christingle! :winking:

If you want to venture over Benfleet way, there's a couple of houses to look out for - a house opposite Rileys on the High Road, a couple of houses down behind the Harvester - tackville central! And one in Homefields Avenue, up on the left hand side - very tasteful by comparison. There's also one down Jotmans Lane, near the bottom of Elm View Road - I know theirs are up, not sure about the other two yet.

Lol, I think you mean Christingle! :winking:

If you want to venture over Benfleet way, there's a couple of houses to look out for - a house opposite Rileys on the High Road, a couple of houses down behind the Harvester - tackville central! And one in Homefields Avenue, up on the left hand side - very tasteful by comparison. There's also one down Jotmans Lane, near the bottom of Elm View Road - I know theirs are up, not sure about the other two yet.

There use to be a close around rushbottom lane where the whole neighbourhood got involved.
Can't remember exactly where.

Back