• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
We are always looking for ways to improve the site. We have looked at vBulletin 5, it seriously is not for us...we even looked at changing to XenForo, which is a clean site started by the ex vB designer Kier Darby who in his early days of rapid growth used to help us mere mortals to build this site..

I always look for improvements to make your time spent on here more of a whole forum for all points of view over all aspects of life not just SUFC. We do have so many things on here that are never used by members, but maybe they are dead these days...the chat room for one on match days used to be one.

I know times are crap atm moment for our team...it isn't the first time but it ****es me off as much as you all.

But any new ideas are more than welcome.

And yes it is January....I am half way through sorting the Adam Barrett thingy before you ask.. :smiles:

mentioned this before, but discourse.org is by the far the best messageboard platform i've found.

I will have a look Jon, in a few words why is it better? I need to know the differences.
- works like a dream on mobile devices - saves where you were reading up to, views really nicely, automatically updates if you post or if anyone else does while you're reading.
- very easy to search the site
- notification system when your post is liked/quoted/replied to
- embeds/parses media easily - youtube/twitter/instagram/weblinks etc
- very clean and intuitive UI and feel

i guess the downside is that you may well just have to wipe the old site/data - not sure if it'll transfer across - that's what another board decided to do and actually it was the best think they did - they saw a massive sign up from new people because it wasn't so cliquey and inaccessible. not sure if you want to wipe the data but i guess you have a track record in that now. :whistling: I guess the bloated nature of the zone (huge database, complex website/shop etc) are what are keeping your costs high, maybe a clean and fresh re-start is worth the pain?

you can try discourse here
https://www.discourse.org/

one other really cool thing is that you can just drag an image from the web into your post and it'll automatically add it. likewise, if you're on your phone and have a pic on your phone you can just uploaded it automatically and it'll post it.

Serious suggestion although may be somewhat contentious. To gauge people's views of a comment, how about providing the opportunity to "dislike" as well as "like" a comment?

Serious suggestion although may be somewhat contentious. To gauge people's views of a comment, how about providing the opportunity to "dislike" as well as "like" a comment?

We've tried before and it just gets nasty - should be feasible given most of the people on here are adults but it really isn't.

Leave it as it is. It's user friendly, easy to navigate and does what it says on the tin. Also, running the risk of being on the receiving end, I think you could have 3-5 day cooling periods/temporary ban when members drag a squabble on. I did get a ban once, for a month I think, and it was damned frustrating. You could do it as yellow and red cards. If a mod spots a protracted and personal 'debate' then they award the parties a yellow. If it persists the red comes out and the brief ban ensues.

This seems to be one of the best fans forums there is. A bit of abuse, squabbling, trolling and thread hijacking is inevitable... just one thing tho'.... could you ban the use of the terms 'would of' and 'could of' please ? Thanks... :stunned::nope:

This seems to be one of the best fans forums there is. A bit of abuse, squabbling, trolling and thread hijacking is inevitable... just one thing tho'.... could you ban the use of the terms 'would of' and 'could of' please ? Thanks... :stunned::nope:

Lifetime ban from the internet if I had my way.

Ok 14 gallons of beer , 8 strippers an £500 in cash to whoever can name the date, time, hour, and seconds when PB gets the shove..

Or you could ask your fellow owners to respond to me when I offer, via PM, to make a contribution to the running of said site.

Back