• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell deserves a chance

Sack his captain. Ask Cox to lead the team. Play 4 4 2 and only change players not the system. Make sure your only 2 fit strikers do not play full 90 minutes every game. Tell Diang he is playing centre half until White/ Lennon are fit, play youngsters where necessary, but in there right positions. Keep faith with your starting 11 and formation. Most of the above worked for David Webb and for players of the third tier in English football they understand.

It's not about taking the criticism. It's about being able to motivate them.

Okay, but, you can only motivate a player/person so much that it gives them the drive. But just because they have the drive and passion - doesn’t mean that they are able to become a better skilled/higher standard of employee.

Don’t get me wrong, passion and motivation does a lot to improve anyone/anything but only so much.

His had a chance and look what his done. Created a worse squad than last year, who are less fit and unmotivated to perform.

The blaming of injuries for our poor season is about the only consistent thing that has happened under Powell. And rather than be critisced for creating a squad that has so many injuries he gets people defending him. Another example of people being blinded by his short playing career here.

What we should be asking is why are we getting so many injuries? Is it down to Powell and his training methods?

This is sooooo crazy to me.

How can people ignore the injury situation? 11 + out now. To blame training methods on that is just a stab in the dark. I understand why you suggest it.

How you can say he has created a worse squad than last year is beyond me.

The only thing he should’ve done differently is keep Timlin. We’ve thoroughly strengthened our strike force, we’ve improved our wide options and our CB position is improved.

To say he’s created a worse squad is completely wrong!

Sack his captain. Ask Cox to lead the team. Play 4 4 2 and only change players not the system. Make sure your only 2 fit strikers do not play full 90 minutes every game. Tell Diang he is playing centre half until White/ Lennon are fit, play youngsters where necessary, but in there right positions. Keep faith with your starting 11 and formation. Most of the above worked for David Webb and for players of the third tier in English football they understand.

Did he ever have an injury crisis as bad as this season.? Was he under an embargo and couldn't sign players?......Would Tilson or Dave Smith achieved anything in such circumstances?

This is sooooo crazy to me.

How can people ignore the injury situation? 11 + out now. To blame training methods on that is just a stab in the dark. I understand why you suggest it.

How you can say he has created a worse squad than last year is beyond me.

The only thing he should’ve done differently is keep Timlin. We’ve thoroughly strengthened our strike force, we’ve improved our wide options and our CB position is improved.

To say he’s created a worse squad is completely wrong!

CP did not have a choice.

His had a chance and look what his done. Created a worse squad than last year, who are less fit and unmotivated to perform.

The blaming of injuries for our poor season is about the only consistent thing that has happened under Powell. And rather than be critisced for creating a squad that has so many injuries he gets people defending him. Another example of people being blinded by his short playing career here.

What we should be asking is why are we getting so many injuries? Is it down to Powell and his training method
s?

All well and good saying it's down to Powell etc but which players currently out long term injured are out because of his training methods? Lennon? Hopper? Demetriou? Coker? Kyprianou? Oxley? and the list goes on.

Well he worked for Jobson, which is an equivalent to a transfer embargo. He resigned twice because of his frustrations with working for Vic. His squad was smaller in numbers but they all had specific roles and his captains were leaders, Paul Clark and Peter Butler comes to mind. CP has very few players that could lead this team, Simon Cox seems the only one left.

It’s been dog, it will be dog, but if we are in the trouble that some of us seem to think we are with regards to relegation we need to band together and make some positive noise in the remaining games from the stands.

Let’s let the boys know that we haven’t given up and they certainly shouldn’t be thinking about it either.

League two again would be f****** terrible and god forbid the thought of how long it may take to come back up.

Back the boys to safety and we go again next year, if you don’t like the manager/players sing up for the club not for them. On Saturday even if it’s for nothing else bar drowning out that poxy bell lets make some noise, been almost eerie at the hall of late

Okay, but, you can only motivate a player/person so much that it gives them the drive. But just because they have the drive and passion - doesn’t mean that they are able to become a better skilled/higher standard of employee.

Don’t get me wrong, passion and motivation does a lot to improve anyone/anything but only so much.

A good motivator and leader will inspire his players to give their all, to give the cliche 110%. How did Leicester win the league back in 2016 with a bang average (Premier League) team? Or Greece win the Euro's back in whenever? A good leader will lead from the front and inspire. We seem to be lacking that off the field, and on the field.

A good motivator and leader will inspire his players to give their all, to give the cliche 110%. How did Leicester win the league back in 2016 with a bang average (Premier League) team? Or Greece win the Euro's back in whenever? A good leader will lead from the front and inspire. We seem to be lacking that off the field, and on the field.

Claudio's not doing too well with Fulham atm. :Cry:

(Disagree with you about SCP, BTW.Though your'e quite right about us lacking an on the field leader).

I get your point. BUT. Leicester had three players who would improve any team in the world... Kante, Vardy, Mahrez. Take them out - absolutely no chance. With Greece - that was one of those freak football things - but still, world stage level footballers, anyone can beat anyone as there's quality throughout. If you took out their best three players - never gonna win the Euros.

Take out 11 of Leicester's players, and I'm pretty sure they'd be lucky to stay in the Premier League.

Players are always trying but when times are tough - **** me it's hard.

I still think we'll finish 10th, 11th or 12th.

I get your point. BUT. Leicester had three players who would improve any team in the world... Kante, Vardy, Mahrez. Take them out - absolutely no chance. With Greece - that was one of those freak football things - but still, world stage level footballers, anyone can beat anyone as there's quality throughout. If you took out their best three players - never gonna win the Euros.

Take out 11 of Leicester's players, and I'm pretty sure they'd be lucky to stay in the Premier League.

Players are always trying but when times are tough - **** me it's hard.

I still think we'll finish 10th, 11th or 12th.
Dangerous analogy there mate. I think our long term injured list is approaching that figure..

Bang average Leicester?

Schmeichel, Morgan, Mahrez, Kante, Vardy.

If you're a player in this squad and you see what Powell said after Tuesday, "we're not the sort of team to come back from going 1-0 down" How does that make you feel?

How can you go out and play for that knowing that you're playing negative tactics anyway that you invite pressure on from the start and then we don't respond to it? Utterly bizarre comment to make. The manager has no belief in his team

That's not the sort of team who can grind out dirty 1-0 wins in a dog fight

I think I've made plenty of comments on why. He's not up to the job, simple.

We’re not currently in the relegation zone. We’ve had some success this season in the league. We’ve had better cup success under him, than in previous seasons. We’ve brought in 2 strikers who - I’ll say this quietly - seem to know where the back of the net is. We’ve brought through several youth players.

The fact we - a mid table team, with a mid table budget - are not fighting for promotion is considered failure to you?

Give him a chance and there's a very good chance we'll be in League 2 next year. If you're ok with that because he's a club legend then I would be concerned. He deserves exactly the same scrutiny as anyone else.

Can you prove beyond doubt that replacing the manager would...

A) Guarantee our status as a League One team.

B) Improve the players we have at our disposal

C) Improve our chances of being a bigger/better team in future seasons

I’ll wait.....

Back