• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
"The extremists will have a field day with it."

Both sides of the fence. Which ever way this goes, the media have poked the hornets nest with a very ****ty stick

Yeah fair point.

Personally, I think it’d be best for all concerned if she were to stay where she was, and deal with the mess she made, herself.

Whether people think that’s immoral or not, I won’t lose no sleep over it nor her plight.

As a side note though, one thing that has confused me.. if the family are so desperate to get her back, what is stopping them? I’ll admit, I’m not sure of the exact process. She’s holed up in a refugee camp, but she has British Citizen status, so in theory, the only thing keeping her there, is the fact that she has nowhere else to go? Or to put it another way, if she had the means available (£££) then she should be able to travel home relatively easy, right?

Why haven’t the family coughed up the dough so far? Afterall, they have been in contact over the last few days.

I mean, it’s unlikely that it’d ever happen to one of us, but if your kid was in a refugee camp in Syria, begging to come home, you wouldn’t sleep until they were back with you.

Something about that seems odd to me.

Free travel and the bonus of selling the story to the shyte Sun etc...I bet some paper pays for her travel soon....SCOOP!

Its all bollocks.

That's a very fair point.

Yes and the legal process in this case is crap. It should be changed..join a terrorist group at any age , regardless, that is the end of your British passport...you are out. YOUR CHOICE....I don't get this **** she was only a kid..Tough.

Jesus where do we draw the line these days and stop being such snowflakes.

Half of the problems are caused because we defend the indefensible.

Yeah fair point.

Personally, I think it’d be best for all concerned if she were to stay where she was, and deal with the mess she made, herself.

Whether people think that’s immoral or not, I won’t lose no sleep over it nor her plight.

As a side note though, one thing that has confused me.. if the family are so desperate to get her back, what is stopping them? I’ll admit, I’m not sure of the exact process. She’s holed up in a refugee camp, but she has British Citizen status, so in theory, the only thing keeping her there, is the fact that she has nowhere else to go? Or to put it another way, if she had the means available (£££) then she should be able to travel home relatively easy, right?

Why haven’t the family coughed up the dough so far? Afterall, they have been in contact over the last few days.

I mean, it’s unlikely that it’d ever happen to one of us, but if your kid was in a refugee camp in Syria, begging to come home, you wouldn’t sleep until they were back with you.

Something about that seems odd to me.

I am with you on that , although she does not have a valid passport , she went out there on her sisters .
I don't suppose they can get money to her , "ms ISIS , 3rd tent from the left row 1785 Syria" sorry no post code

And going out there may mean that whoever goes may well not get let back in given the current mind sets.

Much easier to bleat to a receptive media, get money for the interview and their overseas nous, whilst stirring up hatred and resentment in your own country.
I am starting to think that they may have wanted this ****storm , far more propaganda for those who which to radicalise, "look at the htatred towards us" "they all hate us".
As opposed to "look how fair they were, let her back, cared for her child and gave her a fair trail" .

Maybe the seething masses have been played here ?

Free travel and the bonus of selling the story to the shyte Sun etc...I bet some paper pays for her travel soon....SCOOP!

Its all bollocks.

She said she thought she deserved sympathy from the British Public for what she’s been through.

Reading between the lines, I see that as, not only was she thinking about all the freebies she’d cop, (housing, healthcare, education etc) but she was also thinking that she would be in demand with the British Public, probably to the tune of TV appearances, newspaper articles, film deals, red carpets, the lot.

She said she thought she deserved sympathy from the British Public for what she’s been through.

Reading between the lines, I see that as, not only was she thinking about all the freebies she’d cop, (housing, healthcare, education etc) but she was also thinking that she would be in demand with the British Public, probably to the tune of TV appearances, newspaper articles, film deals, red carpets, the lot.

She can go **** herself, her choice, her Karma.. she is the one for learning from her own mistakes...not us.

Yes and the legal process in this case is crap. It should be changed..join a terrorist group at any age , regardless, that is the end of your British passport...you are out. YOUR CHOICE....I don't get this **** she was only a kid..Tough.

Jesus where do we draw the line these days and stop being such snowflakes.

Half of the problems are caused because we defend the indefensible.

This is a sentiment being voiced by many in this instance, I wonder why I didn't hear just three months ago when Adam Thomas and Claudia Patatas were actual convicted (as opposed to suspected) of belonging to a proscribed organisation.
Perhaps people don't feel that terrorists that stay in this country are as important as those who go a thousand miles away ? any ideas ?

This is a sentiment being voiced by many in this instance, I wonder why I didn't hear just three months ago when Adam Thomas and Claudia Patatas were actual convicted (as opposed to suspected) of belonging to a proscribed organisation.
Perhaps people don't feel that terrorists that stay in this country are as important as those who go a thousand miles away ? any ideas ?

I think they should all be treated the same, which is another **** up on our part.. Terrorists are exactly that TERRORISTS, there should be ONE rule. Your choice at any age your responsbitlity and face the concequences. Treason is Treason.

Its all bollocks.

One of the things we should all take into account is the very fact that all of this has come via the Times. The chances of it being anywhere near the truth are zero.

The last time they claimed an exclusive from Syria they had photos of a young girl and her family, who had allegedly been chlorine gassed in a basement. Anyone who knows a bit about chemistry or WW1 could see the whole story was bull s***…...The best line was her clothes still smelled of swimming pools.

I am with you on that , although she does not have a valid passport , she went out there on her sisters .
I don't suppose they can get money to her , "ms ISIS , 3rd tent from the left row 1785 Syria" sorry no post code

And going out there may mean that whoever goes may well not get let back in given the current mind sets.

Much easier to bleat to a receptive media, get money for the interview and their overseas nous, whilst stirring up hatred and resentment in your own country.
I am starting to think that they may have wanted this ****storm , far more propaganda for those who which to radicalise, "look at the htatred towards us" "they all hate us".
As opposed to "look how fair they were, let her back, cared for her child and gave her a fair trail" .

Maybe the seething masses have been played here ?

I understand the passport bit. Although Brits lose their passports abroad all the time & are granted temporary travel ones. Granted, they’re not normally terrorists. Not sure how that would apply here.

As for getting money to her though, if it was my kid, I wouldn’t care if I had to crawl my way to Syria to help them. Even if I couldn’t get them back home, I’d take them out of the camp & go to a safe & clean place. I know it’s not exactly the holiday destination, but surely Syria must have a safe hotel somewhere?

And again, if it were your kid, would you be bothered what public outcry there was, or what the authorities threatened you with?

Yeah, something about this doesn’t add up to me. It was a strange story to begin with, but the more you look at it, the weirder it becomes.

I think they should all be treated the same, which is another **** up on our part.. Terrorists are exactly that TERRORISTS, there should be ONE rule. Your choice at any age your responsibility and face the consequences'

Good personal conviction John.
I don't even recall that particular case being discussed on here, let alone running to 12 pages , and taking their passports away and dumping them overseas rather than imprisoning them was certainly not brought up, I it does look like you may be in the minority though

She can go **** herself, her choice, her Karma.. she is the one for learning from her own mistakes...not us.

Sad thing is mate, if she rocked up on the couch with Phil & Holly, or did a special one-off interview with Morgan, it’d attract a massive audience.

Sadly, I’d probably be one of them.

The sanctity of marriage is being ignored by most, also the father has right's regards his child. For her to leave her husband is not deemed well in most religious groups; certainly within the Muslim community; as others have expressed divorce is often seen as quite shameful.
Holland is a safe and lovely country, tolerant and child positive.
Alternatively the family could invoke their citizenship rights for the grand parent origin and move to Bangladesh so the child will have the full benefit of Islamic custom and welfare.

Good personal conviction John.
I don't even recall that particular case being discussed on here, let alone running to 12 pages , and taking their passports away and dumping them overseas rather than imprisoning them was certainly not brought up, I it does look like you may be in the minority though

You are right Gary, I don't know how such a insignificant case as this has hit the headlines. Maybe it is the way the press works these days.,always looking for a scapecoat or martya.

Back