• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
One easy and sensible option, which would save all the arguments.....A Trump style ban on all muslims. Then we could say of course we would have had you back, we just cant under the new emergency rules......Job done and everyone would be happy.:Thumbs up:

I understand the passport bit. Although Brits lose their passports abroad all the time & are granted temporary travel ones. Granted, they’re not normally terrorists. Not sure how that would apply here.

As for getting money to her though, if it was my kid, I wouldn’t care if I had to crawl my way to Syria to help them. Even if I couldn’t get them back home, I’d take them out of the camp & go to a safe & clean place. I know it’s not exactly the holiday destination, but surely Syria must have a safe hotel somewhere?

And again, if it were your kid, would you be bothered what public outcry there was, or what the authorities threatened you with?

Yeah, something about this doesn’t add up to me. It was a strange story to begin with, but the more you look at it, the weirder it becomes.

My kid would not have been out there , as I am sure yours wouldn't either, the hard work would have been done in preventing it first , particularly aged 14 -15.

Applying the guilty until proven innocent dictate which appears to apply to terror issues,
Dad is far from squeaky clean and IF he allowed or even encouraged his daughter to go to Syria , what to say he is not manipulating this who thing.

the press will suck up something like this , it has headlines all over it ,

The sanctity of marriage is being ignored by most, also the father has right's regards his child. For her to leave her husband is not deemed well in most religious groups; certainly within the Muslim community; as others have expressed divorce is often seen as quite shameful.
Holland is a safe and lovely country, tolerant and child positive.
Alternatively the family could invoke their citizenship rights for the grand parent origin and move to Bangladesh so the child will have the full benefit of Islamic custom and welfare.

Seriously?

One easy and sensible option, which would save all the arguments.....A Trump style ban on all muslims. Then we could say of course we would have had you back, we just cant under the new emergency rules......Job done and everyone would be happy.:Thumbs up:

A ban on all brown people...then we could keep these 4 months in the sun to55ers who voted for Brexit from their holiday homes out too :Smile:

A ban on all brown people...then we could keep these 4 months in the sun to55ers who voted for Brexit from their holiday homes out too :Smile:

That would be racist. nothing wrong with Brazilian women.

Alternatively, and with regard to the many threats and anger against her, she might want to consider going to Germany or France and claiming asylum there?
Or she could follow the magic gold brick road via Greece, the Balkans and central Europe to a beach off the Pas de Calais where a RIB could be provided by well wishers to get her ashore in Kent circumventing the need for any travel documents or immigration procedures.:Madhouse:

The sanctity of marriage is being ignored by most, also the father has right's regards his child. For her to leave her husband is not deemed well in most religious groups; certainly within the Muslim community; as others have expressed divorce is often seen as quite shameful.
Holland is a safe and lovely country, tolerant and child positive.
Alternatively the family could invoke their citizenship rights for the grand parent origin and move to Bangladesh so the child will have the full benefit of Islamic custom and welfare.

She didn't leave her husband by choice. The ISIS women and children were sent to that camp, as they knew they were about to be wiped out.

One of the things we should all take into account is the very fact that all of this has come via the Times. The chances of it being anywhere near the truth are zero.

The last time they claimed an exclusive from Syria they had photos of a young girl and her family, who had allegedly been chlorine gassed in a basement. Anyone who knows a bit about chemistry or WW1 could see the whole story was bull s***…...The best line was her clothes still smelled of swimming pools.

Like many other people I've been soaking up her reported comments with a degree of distaste and disgust.
Working downstairs, thinking about it all, I suddenly started to consider the subject from another direction. There's something that smells bad here and worse.........unjust. Whatever someone may or may not be guilty of, it is the right of everyone to have a lawyer (advisor) present. This stinks. The Times seem to have given her enough rope.............and she is now being crucified (probably not the right term!) It seems to me that she is having her trial by the media, which is wrong, no matter how willing she may be to offer her opinions. I don't care what this young woman has done, she is entitled to a fair trial. The Times may well have prejudiced any chance of this and they should be ashamed of themselves. Murdoch's paper is not going to let fairness and justice get in the way of a good story.........how one of the great papers has fallen..........happy to crawl in the gutter with its sister, The Sun.

Slightly off topic but it's not just The Times and The Current Bun. It's all of the main stream media, including TV. They all have biased political and financial agendas that will override any and all other considerations when it comes to achieving their political goals or lining the pockets of shareholders.

DzuK-P9XQAAuNUx.jpg:large

Thing is...if/when she does come back there will be all manner of expensive legal people falling over themselves (Cherie Blair!!!) to get involved with defending her and her family and probably seeking compensation for the way poor Shamima has been treated.

Time the law started acting for the people it's supposed to represent, not just people who want to exploit it.

Last edited:
Oh, and the name ALAN HENNING should be quite justifiable reason why this family should stop being feted by the press.

I don't buy all this stuff about her not knowing what she was doing at 15...I believe she didn't understand the consequences of what she was doing, but she knew exactly what she was doing.

And so the circus rolls on, today’s news surrounding the poor, brainwashed child has been kicked up a notch, after she said that the Manchester Arena bombings were justified in retaliation for the bombings in Syria.

To add to that, she’s named her newborn son Jarrah, which coincidentally, is the name of a Jihadi Warlord. The word Jarrah in Arabic, translates to ‘able fighter’, or ‘one that wounds’

I’m not sure what to say anymore.

I mean, this can’t be real? Can it? We’re being trolled here, no?

Oh, and the name ALAN HENNING should be quite justifiable reason why this family should stop being feted by the press.

I don't buy all this stuff about her not knowing what she was doing at 15...I believe she didn't understand the consequences of what she was doing, but she knew exactly what she was doing.

I don’t buy the family at all. Something doesn’t add up there.

And you’re right, 15-year-olds are more than capable of making, and living by, the decisions they make.

And so the circus rolls on, today’s news surrounding the poor, brainwashed child has been kicked up a notch, after she said that the Manchester Arena bombings were justified in retaliation for the bombings in Syria.

To add to that, she’s named her newborn son Jarrah, which coincidentally, is the name of a Jihadi Warlord. The word Jarrah in Arabic, translates to ‘able fighter’, or ‘one that wounds’

I keep waiting for a Southend News Network spoiler! It's absolute madness.

I mentioned that page 11, post 205. She also said her first born would have proudly been an IS fighter if he had survived. She must have had conversations and advice since as to what to say and what not to say, because since saying seeing heads in buckets of those they beheaded didn't faze her, and she knew what she was doing when joining, and had no regrets, she has now completely flipped the coin and is now saying she has suffered and it was a mistake blah, blah.

Do we have any proof that she had these other 2 children ?

Back