• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
By choosing the non Criminal.charges route the Home ofcice have now set themselves up fpr a string of challenges through the courts.
Those Human Rights and Civil liberty lawyers mentioned in previpus posts are now queing up for thoer pay day.
This will drag on for some while, the government have just fuelled a large smokescreen which will keep Brexit and thier sea of other incompetences largely off the front pages for a bit longer.
128m of NHS conttacts being sold off to their mates in the private sector announced yesterday. All neatly hidden behind a young girl...Stay classy Mrs May
Good day to bury the real news.

Will you be offering her that opportunity via room & board in Latvia?

No. No you won’t.

Of course, I recognise that it’s easier to dictate what should & shouldn’t happen with her, when you live over a thousand miles away, safe in the knowledge that she won’t be a bother to you, in any way, shape of form.

Shame on you, for trying to turn this into a race issue. Extreme Liberalism at it’s finest.
All the 'dictation' appears to be coming from one side and it's not mine. A cool head, rational appraisal of the situation, a basic understanding of international and national law and context seem to be prerequisites totally absent from most of the kneejerk responses on here.

All the 'dictation' appears to be coming from one side and it's not mine. A cool head, rational appraisal of the situation, a basic understanding of international and national law and context seem to be prerequisites totally absent from most of the kneejerk responses on here.

I asked you to produce evidence to your claim that his was based upon Islamaphobia. If you can’t, then maybe you should alter your mindset.

No shame at all on my part. The shame lies with the appalling lynch mob mentality, Islamophobia and sheer ignorance shown on this thread.

She's making a rod for her own back. She said she would have been proud if her first born grew up to be a IS fighter. She first said she had no regrets, that she knew what she was doing and she'd do it again(Since changed those words to get back into Britain). She has just named her newborn baby boy Jarrah after an Islamic warlord who massacred non believers of Islam. That should tell you something. Most disgracefully and most hurtful to people it affected in any way, she said the Manchester bombings which targeted teenagers and children and murdered 22 and maimed and affected many more, was justified.
So perhaps we can't understand your way of thinking. As for your Islamophobia claim, that's a serious accusation. All the posts are still on this thread, please point out any Islamophobia.
We are anti radical terrorists.

She's making a rod for her own back. She said she would have been proud if her first born grew up to be a IS fighter. She first said she had no regrets, that she knew what she was doing and she'd do it again(Since changed those words to get back into Britain). She has just named her newborn baby boy Jarrah after an Islamic warlord who massacred non believers of Islam. That should tell you something. Most disgracefully and most hurtful to people it affected in any way, she said the Manchester bombings which targeted teenagers and children and murdered 22 and maimed and affected many more, was justified.
So perhaps we can't understand your way of thinking. As for your Islamophobia claim, that's a serious accusation. All the posts are still on this thread, please point out any Islamophobia.
We are anti radical terrorists.

Excellent post.

Listening to the radio this morning, it would appear (as I believed) that there are people who would still want her back here, for various reasons.

I ask, what are the pro’s and con’s for this girl returning to Britain...

Con’s;

- She has shown no contrition
- She would be a danger to the public
- She could radicalise more people
- She would be a poster girl for extremists
- Millions of taxpayers money wasted
- It would act as an anti-deterrent
- It would insult the men & women who gave their lives fighting this death cult
- It would insult the men & women who still fight this death cult today

I can’t think of a single Pro. And you certainly aren’t going to find enough pro’s to outweigh those very serious con’s.

Perhaps Blues Exile would like to stand in front of the families and friends of those lost in the Manchester bombing and try and explain his pathetic arguments to them.

Absolute ****
Perhaps you would like to stand in front of the families and friends of literally millions of people who died needlessly as a result of our direct actions in Iraq and our support for the Libyan adventure plus the so good for business supply of weapons to Saudi Arabia.

No shame at all on my part. The shame lies with the appalling lynch mob mentality, Islamophobia and sheer ignorance shown on this thread.
This has nothing to do with Islam or any religion.

ISIS are not followers of true Islam values (so how the hell is this Islamaphobia?? ); they are a terrorist group, who destroy, kill and maim anyone who does not believe in their warped view on society.

This woman still holds allegiance to the ISIS ideology, and has no empathy for the victims of the Manchester bombing, whom many of the victims were young children. She claims to be British, however she clearly hates everything our culture holds dear.

If anyone is racially and religiously prejudice it is her.

Really astonishing that some ignorant people see the vitriol against this woman as racism! Even if she was white British with the surname Smith I would have the same view.

And if you want to talk about lynch mobs, the group she joined are were you need to focus your hatred. (Or the fact that they have brown skin won’t allow you to consider this for fear of being labelled racist?)

I can safely say I am not a racist, so I don’t need to jump to the defence on behalf of other ethnic groups whenever whitey points the finger when a crime is committed.

Perhaps you would like to stand in front of the families and friends of literally millions of people who died needlessly as a result of our direct actions in Iraq and our support for the Libyan adventure plus the so good for business supply of weapons to Saudi Arabia.

Perhaps ypu couuld stand in front of the same families and explain why you were a fund raiser for the very people who declared the illegal war......The Labour party.

They would be more interested in you, rather than us.

Listening to the radio this morning, it would appear (as I believed) that there are people who would still want her back here, for various reasons.

I ask, what are the pro’s and con’s for this girl returning to Britain...

Con’s;

- She has shown no contrition
- She would be a danger to the public
- She could radicalise more people
- She would be a poster girl for extremists
- Millions of taxpayers money wasted
- It would act as an anti-deterrent
- It would insult the men & women who gave their lives fighting this death cult
- It would insult the men & women who still fight this death cult today

I can’t think of a single Pro. And you certainly aren’t going to find enough pro’s to outweigh those very serious con’s.

Devils advocate hat on, but equally compelling arguement

what are the pro’s and con’s for this girl evading justice ?

Struggling to personally think of any pro's but going back over the thread, here are some I found

Pro's
It will save on Legal costs
it will save on prison costs
she will not be able to influence anyone whilst over here
Its one less brown baby in the UK
It avoids any legal precedent for further cases (as it hasn't gone through legal channels)

Cons
She will still be legally innocent
She will not be punished
She is free from UK monitoring
She is free to radicalise over the internet without fear of capture and punishment
Anyone else who is willing to go overseas for extremism knows that they are likely to get away scott free as long as they don't want to live here.
As no legal precedent has been set then it doesn't have to be applied to everyone convicted of being involved in terrorist offences (its both a pro or a con, depending on what your point of view is )

As for the Manchester comments, I am sure that the parents of those killed in Manchester are over the moon that due to the home office a believed member of Isis, who has gone on record as agreeing with the death of their loved ones has been allowed to avoid Justice .

She has avoided Justice , had she not gone to the press saying she wants to come home, stirred up public outrage with later comments and given a Home secretary a free pass to public favour , she might well have been arrested , charged and jailed

Now we have just washed our hands of her

[/QUOTE]

I haven't read your response to TSNB's excellent post, which summarises things beautifully. Would you care to add further comment?

Perhaps ypu couuld stand in front of the same families and explain why you were a fund raiser for the very people who declared the illegal war......The Labour party.

They would be more interested in you, rather than us.

I left the Labour Party because of Blair before the Iraq invasion as did many others and rejoined in 2009 in the hope, subsequently fulfilled, that the party would revert to its raison d'etre.

I left the Labour Party because of Blair before the Iraq invasion as did many others and rejoined in 2009 in the hope, subsequently fulfilled, that the party would revert to its raison d'etre.

So you funded his rise to power. You turned a blind eye to the war mongering dictator who you helped create, yet accuse others on here of his crimes.

All from the safety of the most islamophobic area of the EU, the former Eastern Block.....mmmm

Devils advocate hat on, but equally compelling arguement

what are the pro’s and con’s for this girl evading justice ?

Struggling to personally think of any pro's but going back over the thread, here are some I found

Pro's
It will save on Legal costs
it will save on prison costs
she will not be able to influence anyone whilst over here
Its one less brown baby in the UK
It avoids any legal precedent for further cases (as it hasn't gone through legal channels)

Cons
She will still be legally innocent
She will not be punished
She is free from UK monitoring
She is free to radicalise over the internet without fear of capture and punishment
Anyone else who is willing to go overseas for extremism knows that they are likely to get away scott free as long as they don't want to live here.
As no legal precedent has been set then it doesn't have to be applied to everyone convicted of being involved in terrorist offences (its both a pro or a con, depending on what your point of view is )

As for the Manchester comments, I am sure that the parents of those killed in Manchester are over the moon that due to the home office a believed member of Isis, who has gone on record as agreeing with the death of their loved ones has been allowed to avoid Justice .

She has avoided Justice , had she not gone to the press saying she wants to come home, stirred up public outrage with later comments and given a Home secretary a free pass to public favour , she might well have been arrested , charged and jailed

Now we have just washed our hands of her

I guess the part to focus on, is what ‘justice’ actually is. To me, the punishment has to fit the crime.

If she came back here, she’d have been afforded a whole host of things, at the taxpayers expense. Legal aid, to begin with, followed by counselling/housing/education/healthcare. Is that justice?

She might have copped at 10-year prison sentence at absolute best, where she’d subsequently serve 5, (although I don’t believe that would have happened). Is that justice?

Upon her release, there’s the inevitable TV & Media work that would have followed. Is that justice?

Knowing that in a few years time, she could be happily walking down The Roman Road, going about her business, whilst the families of those who were brutally murdered by ISIS, still try to piece back together, the shattered pieces of their lives. Is that justice?

If all that is justice, then it’s soft justice. How bored are we, of seeing soft justice in this Country? Like when an old lady is robbed & the theif gets a slap on the wrist. Or like when a nonce cops an 18-month suspended sentence.

Instead, she now finds herself in one of the worst situations I could ever imagine. No money, no family and a makeshift camp as a home. That is rough justice, and a punishment which totally fits the crime. I have no problem with that.

Last edited:
The country simply cannot afford to monitor every potential terrorist 24/7.

Like I have said before it takes a team of nearly 30 police and well over £2m per year.

That alone should win the argument but here presence in Britain would a much bigger security risk and lead to far more recruitment than her staying where she is. Job done, move on and forget Her.

It wont happen until after Brexit but there is far more murder and misery coming our way soon, so save your sympathy for some real victims.

Back