• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
And another hard left Labour supporter plays the race card on here. You couldn't make it up, really you couldn't.

Has she been denied her citizenship because she has a Muslim sounding name? No. Has her citizenship been removed because she's Muslim? No. God forbid has she had it revoked because she's brown skinned? No.

No to it all. She's had her citizenship removed because she's turned her back on her country to go join a terrorist organisation hell bent on destroying that country, it's people and it's way of life and shown no remorse to boot. Race had, and has, absolutely nothing to do with it and shame on anyone that suggests it has, including the predictable hard left usual suspects on here.

It really doesn't work that way.It wouldn't suprise me if in 2/3 years time she gets her UK citizenship restored on appeal after all this racist posturing from HMG has died down.Granted if she does, then she'll have to go through due process.

Bearing in my John fixed post up top I really do have to be careful what I say now. Actually no I don't. Words fail me......

Have you got a link for those quotes? Context is important (critical, in fact) here.

It is also a bit of a stretch to equate wandering down the road to put an x in a box without a second thought (most 16 year olds) to rejecting the country you have lived in for almost 16 years and have experience of to go illegally (aware it is illegal) to a war zone where the people you are joining crow about beheading people that don’t agree with them.

I would respectfully suggest that the former might quite often be done with limited or no thought at all, while the latter isn’t something you could accidentally stumble into. Are they equal in comparison?
It's not direct quotes, it's paraphrasing. I thought the delivery of it made that clear, apologies if it seems like direct quotes.

Not all 15 year olds are the same.

Current news story is a case involving a 16 yo boy accused of raping and killing a primary school girl.

Same age as my eldest son, who is a well educated and placid kid.

As said not all children are the same. This girl is clearly an extraordinary individual, and not in a positive way. What 15yo do you know who would run off to Syria to join a death squad? Or even a 19yo having no empathy for a bunch of teeny pop fans being murdered, especially when they are your own uk citizens?
She is a serious risk to other British citizens, and this is why I don’t want her type* on our shores. (*and this refers to her mindset, not ethnicity)

And you support this girl? Sick!
Where have I said I support her?
I haven't. I loathe everything ISIS stand for and I believe she should face British justice as she is British so is our responsibility.

Feel free to edit your post.

Racist? How is wanting to defy a person who supports a radical terrorist organisation racist?

Her ethnic background or creed does not come into it. Even if she was Susan Smith from Sandown she should not be allowed back in this the UK.
Half a dozen people were convicted in November for being members of a proscribed organisation (similar to what the charge would be in this case if she was to face Justice) all jailed not one was deprived of their citizenship. So, whilst I am not saying her background had anything to do with it, this is the one and only time it has occurred. Particularly for a Legally innocent British Citizen.

Not really, the 3 presumably want her to face British justice rather than see it as someone else's problem.
Justice is surely leaving her where she fled, with the fleeting message “be careful what you wish for”

Of she comes back to UK there will be a costly trial, costly security for her and her family, she’ll get banged up in a soft prison with the risk of her radicalising other inmates.

As a taxpayer I don’t want this burden.

This woman rejected the UK both in her words but also in her actions and desertion to IS. She chose, and she is still unrepentant. It is tough, probably likely to be over turned with her returning but a message is being sent out at a time when the message can get maximum exposure.

And another hard left Labour supporter plays the race card on here. You couldn't make it up, really you couldn't.

Has she been denied her citizenship because she has a Muslim sounding name? No. Has her citizenship been removed because she's Muslim? No. God forbid has she had it revoked because she's brown skinned? No.

No to it all. She's had her citizenship removed because she's turned her back on her country to go join a terrorist organisation hell bent on destroying that country, it's people and it's way of life and shown no remorse to boot. Race had, and has, absolutely nothing to do with it and shame on anyone that suggests it has, including the predictable hard left usual suspects on here.
Out of interest you seem Quite happy to see her escape legal justice and remain technically innocent , yet accuse those who want her tried in this country as supporting her ? How does that work precisely ?

Justice is surely leaving her where she fled, with the fleeting message “be careful what you wish for”

Of she comes back to UK there will be a costly trial, costly security for her and her family, she’ll get banged up in a soft prison with the risk of her radicalising other inmates.

If she is in a refugee camp presumably no foreign authorities are looking to prosecute her so she is not facing justice.

So the Law should be adhered to except when someone somewhere doesn't like it , then we can hand over dispensing summary justice how and when the baying "majority" feel like it.

nah, not for me , I'll stick to the 800 year old law making processes this country has developed , warts and all . They may not be to everybody's taste , but vigilante mob rule 'aint my cup of tea either.

Personally, leaving someone on record as legally innocent whilst meting out backdoor justice doesn't sit right .

Again, personal preference mate. You’re entitled to your view, and I respect that.

I’d also add that our Home Office haven’t done anything backhanded (not that you e suggested that)

The options in front of them were few. What they’ve done is legal. Ok, it won’t be to everyone’s taste, but they’re well within their rights to do so.

Why should someone who doesn’t want to abide by our moral codes, be protected by them?

What about unmonitored internet radicalisation from wherever she is left? With the sob story that the nasty uk took her citizenship.away without a trial...
We have given her far greater tools to use against us than jailing her would have

Not according to the Labour party its not, they have had everybody and their dog throw the anti-Semitism card at them in the past 6 months, primarily just for criticising a country....

A return to "do as you would be done by would" be nice :Sad:

You’d have thought then, that a man who vehemently denies the Labour Party are anti-Semitic, (despite the internal complaints from the organisation), would think twice about throwing accusations around.

Double standard? Hypocrisy? Irony?

Take your pick.

You’d have thought then, that a man who vehemently denies the Labour Party are anti-Semitic, (despite the internal complaints from the organisation), would think twice about throwing accusations around.

Double standard? Hypocrisy? Irony?

Take your pick.
there is no evidence that Labour experience more anti-Semitism that other major parties or society in general, in fact there is evidence to prove the opposite. I won't go into details on this thread but details are available on other threads and can be added to if necessary.

What about unmonitored internet radicalisation from wherever she is left? With the sob story that the nasty uk took her citizenship.away without a trial...
We have given her far greater tools to use against us than jailing her would have

Can’t imagine she’ll have much of a decent broadband connection in her refugee camp? :Winking:

Back