• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs Southend Utd 6th April 2019 15:00 ko

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for this Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
The Shrimpers and the faithful are off to Lancashire, Fleetwood and Joey Barton in that order this Saturday. Normal stuff here please, selections, formations, arse ache, meditation classes, counselling, they're all valid where Southend Utd are concerned at the moment.

Just whack it all down here. You might just feel a bit better about life it you get it off your chest.:Smile2:

Large

Stick one of the centre backs up front....remember the days of Keith Dublin....when needs must!!!

Oxley
White, Moore, Kiernan, Hart
Demetriou, Yearwood, Hyam, Bunn
Cox, Acquah

Subs: Bishop, Bwomono, Lennon, Mantom, Kightly, Hutchinson, Kelman

Not Bunn anyone but Bunn he offers nothing in any capacity....he needs to be sent back to Bury end of season

Other than that, I would go with Hutchinson instead of Bunn and Turner instead of Acquah...stick Turns up front and see what chaos he can cause...he causes enough in our own box!.

Surely we need to look at Demetriou in midfield? We’ve got two fit wingers who are both awful and Demetriou has played there before and is comfortable attacking down the right.

It makes no sense to me playing him at right back when we’ve got two other capable right backs in White and Elvis, and a serious lack of wingers.

Surely we need to look at Demetriou in midfield? We’ve got two fit wingers who are both awful and Demetriou has played there before and is comfortable attacking down the right.

It makes no sense to me playing him at right back when we’ve got two other capable right backs in White and Elvis, and a serious lack of wingers.

Not a bad idea honestly, he scores goals too.

I can't get behind this idea of having to play 442 though. When Humphreys comes back then we have 2 good options but until then we'd probably be better up packing the midfield away from home. Our midfielders are out of form and if they get outnumbered we'll struggle to get any foothold in the game. The last 2/3 games we've gone 2 up front have been rubbish.

With a new manager in, I would expect as far as possible, our first choice picks - so, not necessarily what I would choose but would expect Oxley in goal.

As @amsemp says, Demi pushing forward has to be worth a go but again, not sure if a new manager with no real knowledge of the squad is going to try that.

What I expect:
Oxley
Demi, Moore, Kiernan, Hart
Kightly, Dru, Hyam, Mantom
Cox, Bunn

Gone for a 4-4-2 please please play 2 up front, it's our only hope of coming away with something....

Not a bad idea honestly, he scores goals too.

I can't get behind this idea of having to play 442 though. When Humphreys comes back then we have 2 good options but until then we'd probably be better up packing the midfield away from home. Our midfielders are out of form and if they get outnumbered we'll struggle to get any foothold in the game. The last 2/3 games we've gone 2 up front have been rubbish.

Ssh, thou must not stray from the 4-4-2 Mike Bassett mandate that worked so well on Saturday.

............................Oxley
Bwomono Moore Lennon Hart
.......................... Hyam
............ Yearwood Demetriou
Bunn.......................................... Humphrys
..........................Cox

Subs: Bishop, Kiernan, Mantom, Dieng, Hutchinson, Acquah, Kelman

Oxley

Moore White Lennon Turner Hart
Kightly Yearwood Dieng Kiernan

Kelman

I'm Going 5;4;1 with kelman up top on his own!!!!
This is because I want free kicks with him with his trickery getting them, Kightly's delivery
and 5 up from the back in the box, hoping to get a set piece goal..
lets face it , its the only way we are going to score...............

Oxley

Moore White Lennon Turner Hart
Kightly Yearwood Dieng Kiernan

Kelman

I'm Going 5;4;1 with kelman up top on his own!!!!
This is because I want free kicks with him with his trickery getting them, Kightly's delivery
and 5 up from the back in the box, hoping to get a set piece goal..
lets face it , its the only way we are going to score...............
Hang on, so you would retain Dieng and drop Cox? Have you seen us play recently?

Why with one mention of being back training are people assuming Humphrys will or can play??? Mental!

Back