• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

Was going to buy 3 for our holiday, not going to spend a penny on that sh*t

Does Martin read this forum, it's the same feedback year in year out

Is he being stubborn or something and refusing to change, this ground hog process is saving me £ each year and I know others feel the same, perhaps shirt £ is not important to him!!

Rhys Ellingham engaged with fans a while back about "fan elements". He's the person to contact.

Such a shame because last seasons kits were really nice.

Lucky we're getting good money from Paddy Power cos I can't see many of them selling, will probably be one of the worst selling kits in years!

SUFC: Fans, you’re so important to us, please get involved and help us create some ideas for the upcoming new kit.

SUFC four pints later: Bollocks to it, where’s that Nike catalogue? Eenie meanie miny mo, that one there will ****ing do. Who’s round is it?

Last edited:
The market is aimed at the kids I would of thought ,instead of getting that they will get a West Ham spurs or arsenal shirt instead

SUFC: Fans, you’re so important to us, please get involved and help us create some ideas for the upcoming new kit.

SUFC four pints later: Bollocks to it, where’s that Nike catalogue? Eenie meanie miny mo, that one there will ****ing do. Who’s round is it?

You forgot the bit where they realise the season starts in 2 weeks and panicked.

What a joke that is. If we had a bespoke shirt without a sponsor it would work. But just taking a shirt out of the Nike catalogue and putting a Southend badge on it is pure lazy. Was gonna buy, but that shirt is just not worth it. The training tops are so much nicer.
Such a shame because they could make some decent money if they put some effort into it. Hope fans don’t buy it this year and they finally realise they can’t rip us off like this.

Rhys Ellingham saying it's as victory for the fans! Were any of us asked about this idea? I don't think so , just read all the negative comments pouring in about it and think again!!!

Guys, guys, guys...

Please understand what football shirts are all about. They are so much more than a modern day equivalent of the football scarf (which, once upon a time, everyone had).

However, they are not meant to represent "value for money". They are not a fashion item. The official club replicas are never cheap. We will not play better in a snazzy shirt. The Custard Splat kit is proof of that as we got relegated twice wearing it.

They are simply a replica of what the players wear on match days and selling them gets more money into the club without putting the admission prices up. That's it. Plain and simple.

No-one is forcing anyone to buy it. If you don't like it, don't spend your money. In the stands, any navy blue shirt can be seen as being support for the team, no-one cares or notices whether it's this years or last years version. But by buying it, you're helping the club. No other agenda. Full stop.

There will not be one shirt that will please everyone. It may well be that another design might sell more shirts. But Paddy Power have launched what I think is a pretty good initiative to get gambling logos off shirts (so that hopefully the kids won't be over-influenced by that) but still getting their name out there for the advertising. It's a masterstroke as all the football world has been talking about this week is Paddy Power's un-sponsoring campaign. Kids shirts won't have to be different to the adult ones which I thought turned it into a forbidden fruit anyway as the kid just wants to wear what the players wear. They don't give 2 hoots who sponsors it and by removing the sponsors logo, the club are actually drawing attention to it and almost making the kid more aware of what's missing, if you get my drift. With Huddersfield, us, Newport and Motherwell there is now no difference. Marketing wise, it's brilliant.

The club have already stated that it's a record breaking deal for them. I would imagine it won't matter too much whether they sell 100 or 500 of these things to the fans, as the PP money will more than make that up.

So please remember, the new kit IS ONLY ABOUT GETTING MONEY IN, which also means the sponsors money too.

Like it or don't. Buy it or save your money. If you also happen to think it's great, then that's a bonus.

But buying one assists our club. That's why I'll be getting one.

Last edited:
Unless the away shirt is something special, it will be the first time for years I’ve not bought ( had bought for my birthday) one. This one does absolutely nothing for me.

Back