• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Airport

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Thought it might be worthwhile having a Southend Airport thread.

This was prompted by news it is expanding its destinations by adding a flight to Chişinău in Moldova.

I was pretty excited about this as Moldova is a part of the world I know little about and there's no better way to get to know a place than to visit. However I checked when they fly the flight gets in at 3:40am! What's this utter madness?

I've flown from Southend Airport about 10 times and cannot fault it. It's so nice for me landing and being home within 15 minutes.

Due to my location, highly unlikely. Birmingham is the one for me, 45 min train ride direct to the terminal. :Clap:

I've flown from Southend Airport about 10 times and cannot fault it. It's so nice for me landing and being home within 15 minutes.

I've landed at Southend airport, which means I've also taken off from there.

I have only flown from Southend twice, both on the team plane. A 2-2 cheating Speedie draw at Blackburn (Blackpool Airport) and another forgettable draw away at Torquay in the FA Cup. Interesting to watch Mr Webb motivate and drive the team with an iron will.

Some of the destinations these dates look great and a autumn break to Malta is calling me!

Thanks a million?

Yes they certainly aren't my favourite air line and I cant stand O'leary.

After all his nonsense about Brexit, it now turns out he is investing in Southend airport......And we all know what that means.

Ryanair are much better than slEasyJet.

It makes me happy seeing Southend Airport doing so well, I worked there for 4 and a half years and watched it start to grow after the investment from Stobart. Would love to see them link up with the club more though.

Yes they certainly aren't my favourite air line and I cant stand O'leary.

After all his nonsense about Brexit, it now turns out he is investing in Southend airport......And we all know what that means.
U know how to make a guy feel good Riggers ,try living under the flight path

U know how to make a guy feel good Riggers ,try living under the flight path

Which bit?

Fortunately I don't, which is why the guy in charge of the runway up grade chose to rent from me for 3 months earlier this year. He was the one who told me the money was coming from Ryan air......Though O'leary was keeping quiet about it........Can't think why?

It's never been that noisy an airport, the Carvairs in the 1960's flew lower and were noisier than the current crop of 737's and A320's etc. Next trip Milan in November, can't wait!

It makes me happy seeing Southend Airport doing so well, I worked there for 4 and a half years and watched it start to grow after the investment from Stobart. Would love to see them link up with the club more though.

I think that will happen when we are regularly playing in Europe.

Always my first choice Airport to fly from, if it’s possible.

Has got considerably busier since LyingAir move in, but still much better than any of the other London ones.

Never had an issue with EasyJet, know what you're getting and southend airport has always been a breeze.

Ryanair however, nothing but trouble! fly in and out of Ireland a fair bit for work and Ryanair are the worst airline on this planet bar none!

Never had an issue with EasyJet, know what you're getting and southend airport has always been a breeze.

Ryanair however, nothing but trouble! fly in and out of Ireland a fair bit for work and Ryanair are the worst airline on this planet bar none!

See it’s the opposite to me, Ryanair have been great EasyJet have been a joke.

its all in experiences.

at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. no thrills airlines, Cheap and easy, but don't expect a thing then you can't be left disappointed

Flew Ryanair out of Southend this month and was expecting the worst (the Ryanair part) but was really impressed. Hassle free check-in, relaxed flights and no issues at all. Can only speak as I find..........

Back