• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we give Nile another chance given our injury situation?

• Total voters
Poll News : I wouldn't suggest Nile gets his sat nav set for SS2 just yet!

LOL ... I'm going to put you down as someone considering their position on this issue!

I'd be tempted to take him for the month, to put himself in the shop window and try to find another club.

This is an absolutely terrible idea which would be the worst of all worlds. We have a half fit footballer for a month (he struggled for match fitness when he had a club, let alone when he's been without a team all season) and in return it undermines the manager, it undermines discipline, it undermines our standing in the community.

It was bad enough when we signed him in the first place. That smacked of desperation and seeking a short term gain at the expense of the medium and long term. And sure enough it all came crashing down as nearly everyone foresaw.

The best thing I can say about signing him is it would allow us to sack him again and the resultant boost to morale that would then bring.

I think too many on here are getting desperate because of our results the last month. For a start he's not fit. Secondly he is not the deadly striker we are looking for, he was only good or very good in small patches. He's unreliable and a gangsta party animal. Don't forget he was caught out at a Boots N Laces surprise drug testing session, when he admitted to Phil Brown before testing that he had taken class A, MDMA on the previous Saturday and Cocaine on the Sunday. Yes we desperately need a goal scoring striker, but no, it's not Nile Ranger and all his gangsta lifestyle.
We could also bring Brown back from Puna to look after Nile!!

Everyone says he is an idiot, but maybe the truth is he simply doesn’t want to be a professional footballer enough.

Most people would like to loose some weight and be fitter, but they don’t want it enough to make it happen. Maybe Nile is the same- he simply doesn’t want it enough

better idea to ask Freddy Eastwood to make a comeback, maybe he and his son make a good strike force

Speaks highly of southend and manager during his time with us, I hope he gets back in the game and takes this chance if at comes, to much talent left out of the game.

Wish him well but doubt he will even get back to League One level which is a waste of his talent but he has no one to blame for this other than himself.

Any club would be ****ing nuts to take him on. Give it a rest Nile, you had the golden opportunity to make it right and you ****ed it away.

He didn't and still doesn't want it enough for me. If he was that desperate to succeed then surely he would have spent all summer training with even a local non league club to get himself in the best possible condition ahead of this season in the hope that someone would give him a chance.
He seems to spend most of his time messing around with his mates playing computer games judging by his social media.

Bit of an eye opener in some ways in terms of how he was treated by our club management and how much he liked the club. Proof also that the Echo can still be relevant sometimes. Sadly, his words just confirm that there was no one to blame but himself. What a shame we all missed out on his talent though.

His chance has gone now I feel. He'll never find a club where the chairman and manager supported him as much as they did here.

I'd take him back today...he'd walk straight into our starting 11.

He gets nowhere near our injury-free starting XI

If all our options were fit, who does he replace?

Cox - No
Humphrys- No
Hopper - No
Goodship - undecided yet, but probably No
Theo - Yes

He gets nowhere near our injury-free starting XI

If all our options were fit, who does he replace?

Cox - No
Humphrys- No
Hopper - No
Goodship - undecided yet, but probably No
Theo - Yes
Sorry was being a troll. Obviously we should go nowhere near him...he's deluded if he thinks he can still rescue his career. It's over for him.

Talk is cheap, and more so when Nile is doing the talking. He has a permanent self destruct gene which will always be with him. Nobody could have been more forgiving and patient with Nile than Ron and he still ****ed it all away. He, no doubt, has a god given talent but to succeed as a pro footballer you need discipline and perseverance, sadly those two have always passed Nile by. Not if we were down to rock bottom would I have him back.

Back