• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we give Nile another chance given our injury situation?

• Total voters
Sorry was being a troll. Obviously we should go nowhere near him...he's deluded if he thinks he can still rescue his career. It's over for him.

In fairness there’s so many differing opinions on here, it’s hard to tell who’s being sarcastic & who’s being serious half the time

:Highfive:

I can't help but like the guy. The couple of times I've met him at club functions he was very likeable. He obviously holds no grudges and speaks well of everyone here, he knows he has nobody to blame but himself. I've heard from people at the club that he was well liked as well, just was a nightmare for timekeeping and a bit of a child. He's got talent and I do hope he gets another chance somewhere. The ship has sailed here without a doubt.

I hate it went people who clearly have a talent and waste it.This guy has more lives than the average black cat.He is the one who is losing out big time.
I hope for his sake he succeeds but I have my doubts as time is not on his side

When at Southend, he was living a double lifestyle. Half footballer, half gangsta. With a proper sleeping patern going out of the window. It was down to too many late nights out, and then sleeping after training just added to the problem. Of course the result was bad timekeeping. So many warnings and chances. He is a nice guy, but with a wild streak. He has the talent. His only chance is to go to a club up North, so that he doesn't commute to hang out with his Wood Green gang. He needs to concentrate on his football and have no outside distractions. I hope he's given a chance.

I would certainly have him in my 11......The SUFC prison 11 that is.

The words that come to mind......Talk is cheap, judge a man by his actions.

There was far more to the Ranger story than time keeping and he is being a total fraud when he claims that was the only reason. After one of his warnings he made sure he wasn't late the next day......He didn't turn up at all.

To top it all he wasn't even a very good footballer....

Unfortunately for Ranger by the time he finally grows up and it dawns on him he could have been a decent footballer he’ll be too old to actually play football.

Thought he showed glimpses brilliance, and of what he could have achieved, not knowing what he would do in his next game was quite exciting, but on the whole he was a disappointment.

If Nile can take some responsibility for his actions there maybe some hope, but can’t see him getting any higher than L2. Orient would be his level (not taking anything away from them, as I like them and their fans), as it’d be local and he could probably do a job for them. If, if, if... you get me!

On the subject of wasted talent I see Sheff Utd have crazily / desperately just given Ravel Morrison another chance. Like Ranger he’s on borrowed time.

Until brain surgery is available on the NHS they won’t be the last.

Good luck Nile, would love to see you prove us all wrong. Just don’t come back to RH and score against us!!

Football is full of people with big egos and someone will think they can get the best out of him. That's how we got him in the first place.

I suspect a club will take a punt on a pay as you play deal if he can prove his fitness.

I certainly agree with another poster that he should have tried to find a club to train with if he was really serious about getting back into football.

Bit of an eye opener in some ways in terms of how he was treated by our club management and how much he liked the club. Proof also that the Echo can still be relevant sometimes. Sadly, his words just confirm that there was no one to blame but himself. What a shame we all missed out on his talent though.

No surprise to me at all. Both Ron and Phil bent over backwards for him, and he, foolishly, threw it back in their faces. I do believe there is an element of contrition in that story but his fitness levels have got to be well off for anyone to even consider him now - not that I think we should.

I've heard from people at the club that he was well liked as well, just was a nightmare for timekeeping and a bit of a child.
Really? I'd heard that it was him that was the reason for the division in the dressing room! I agree he was always very pleasant and willing to go the extra mile for the JBs whenever needed to though.

Last edited:
Back